Reviews for Kindheit Ende
lala43 chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
"I'm not lying. I'm protecting her." M's mother probably said the same thing to herself at the time he was sent away. You filled out Fanny very nicely and she is now behaving like the good mother she is.

I like how M is reacting to all this as a child, which he is. Both of them are. He has moments of the man he is about to become, but I like how you are mindful of his emotional maturity.

Thank you.
androgenius chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Oh man... I'm getting so impatient for her to wake up! 3
Team1DUnionJcat chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Amazing chapter! I love it! Please update soon! :D
jamie chapter 6 . 8/6/2011
I can't wait to read the next chapter! such a heart wrenching story... but I'm looking forward to reading more melchior and wendla :)
northstar61 chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
I'm actually thankful that Melchior's mother appeared when she did. He was woefully out of his depth in terms of taking care of Wendla, and she needs more than his love and protection right now. I like the idea of Fanny helping them, as it strikes me as the beginning of some form of redemption for her - a way of making up for the part she, however unwittingly, played in what befell her son's girlfriend. I also like the strength you gave her, both in her willingness to confront the unknown in the hayloft, and in her determination to bring Melchior home long before the year or two her husband had in mind. Speaking of which, I can't begin to imagine a father sending his own child away for such a long time simply because he got a girl pregnant. Yes, I know, things were different back then, but it just seems so incredibly heartless and uncaring.

"he wore anxiety like a straightjacket tight around his ribs" What a wonderfully descriptive passage. It's evident that Melchior had no idea what he was getting himself into when he decided to rescue Wendla - not that it would have changed his mind if he had, but he might have been better prepared.

"And he couldn't lose her. That was first and foremost. She was his future, and he needed her to be okay. Nothing would ever be as important as that." This expresses the depth of his love for her so well. No matter how his parents, or her mother, might view them and their actions, he and Wendla share an unwavering connection and an abiding love. They may be young, but their feelings are strong and real.

Melchior's anger and mistrust of his mother rang completely true, and his protective instincts made me love him all the more. Still, I am glad that Frau Gabor ultimately ignored his warnings and examined Wendla herself, as it was the only way she'd be able to determine what needed to be done for the poor, sick girl. And I'm relieved that Fanny was reluctant to call the doctor. It showed that she has good instincts about people, which will hopefully aid in keeping Wendla safe.

Wendla's terrified reaction at having her legs parted broke my heart. I still can't begin to imagine what it will take for her to heal from the emotional trauma she's been subjected to.

I appreciated the understated way you had Melchior find out about Wendla's pregnancy. His mother was so matter of fact about what was happening, and it taking him a moment to realize the full import of what she'd said was understandable. My heart went out to him in his pain at the loss that he could barely begin to comprehend.

The knowledge of his mother's deceit will no doubt weigh heavily on him as things move forward, and will shake their relationship, already on such precarious footing.

"How could you think a life spent with her was wasted?" Such an eloquent defense of their love, and beautifully worded.

Looking forward to more. :)
AlexisLovesGlee chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
You truly are a gifted writer, you know that?

I liked Frau Gabor's willingness to help her son. Even though the whole situation is partially her fault (I'm with Melchior on that one), she started to redeem herself when she helped him and Wendla.

And poor Wendla. My heart breaks for her even more with every chapter. I knew she was going to miscarry, there's no way she could stay with child after all that abuse, but I did hope that maybe she wouldn't, that there'd be some sort of miracle.

My favorite part of the chapter, maybe even the whole story, was this:

" "Look at her," he said again. His anger was spent for now—drowned in sorrow and exhaustion. "She's perfect—so passionate and pure." Another tear dropped. "How could you think a life spent with her was wasted? How could anybody think that?" "

I mean, wow. Talk about emotion and beauty and sadness and so much passion, all summed up into 40 words. That little part is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read, and it had me in tears.
lili chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
I'm really loving you're story! It's very well written and it takes courage, can't wait for the next chapter :)
matchbookjealousy chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
i liked her! it's like, she feels bad for wendla and wants to help her, but still needs melchior to know that's disappointed with him. i liked her reactions to everything! and i loved how you described her reaction to what melchi said about wendla being passionate and pure. :)

keep up the fantastic work, cris! update again soon! :)
Team1DUnionJcat chapter 6 . 8/2/2011
Amazing chapter! I love it! Please update soon! :D
androgenius chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
Thank you for your message back! 3 I appreciate it :D

Being German myself, I must admit I am rather tickled by all this random German in here :p

HAHAHAHAHA, if the feds came knocking on people's doors because of everyone's questionable kinks, I feel like they would be VERY BUSY. Creating more jobs, though... :p

It did heighten the drama! I really liked the darkness thing, that's a brilliant thing to add in there. I really do like the way you handled the whole scene... and to bring her to the hayloft, too! God, I have to wonder whether Wendla would ever want to have sex ever again... D: hopefully Melchior will be able to help! 3 it broke my heart when she thought he was just a dream!

Thank YOU for writing such an enthralling story! I can't wait to read more!
tayfanny chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
Thank you thank you thank you! I LOVE YoU! :33
HarmonicTeapot chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
Oh my God... Thank goodness Melchior found her! That must have been so awful to write, but you are very brave to even attempt to write that and amazingly talented to pull it off. This is a great fic (despite the horrid subject) and if you don't finish it soon I will die from the suspense!

PS: As much as I don't want her to miscarry, I think (realistically) she has to after that kick to the stomach. :(
lili chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
yeahhhhh he's back! can't wait to read the next chapter
lala43 chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
I'm glad you decided to use M's other senses. His sight would have overwhelmed him and kept him from focusing on W. It was a dramatic rescue with no need for light. Nice.

I still have problems grasping W's mother. Could she really have known what was going to happen in the basement? Does everybody in the village know? Is this the school M was going to before he was sent off to reform school? I forget.

Thank you.
northstar61 chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
You know, after the last chapter, I actually hesitated, wondering if it would be wise to read this first thing in the morning before heading off to work. All I can say is, Hallelujah! Melchior has finally arrived to rescue Wendla from that basement of horrors.

You did an excellent job with the suspense as he made his way through the kitchen. I was practically holding my breath, hoping that those three monsters would sleep through it all. And then, when he made it downstairs, the completely realistic duality of his reaction - the elation and the terror. I really appreciate the way you had him subdue his own horror and rage at the situation in order to be as outwardly calm as possible, for Wendla's sake. Loved how gentle he was with her, and how much care he took as he freed her from the restraints and the vibrator.

It was completely believable that Wendla would think she was dreaming. I'm incredibly grateful that she wasn't. And, like Melchior, I was relieved that she was able to move on her own, in spite of all that her poor body had gone through.

They made it out safely! Thank goodness it's summer, as I'd hate for them to have to brave the elements on top of everything else.

Now, I eagerly await their making it to the hayloft...
193 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »