Reviews for Kindheit Ende
Thorne Lockehart chapter 17 . 6/25/2012
It took me a while to read this story. I tried to read this before watching SA on YT (my mind was like "Dafuq am I reading?") And I have now seen the play and got caught up on this story. All I can say is wow! You capture the characters so well and I feel so badly for Wendla and Melchior :c I'm glad the little orange kitten was able to help her. You should give the little fella a name c: BUT HOLY ASS-MONKEYS BATMAN, SONNENSTICH IS THERE! Can't wait till you update this!

And I now apologize for the gibberishy review

-Thorne
northstar61 chapter 17 . 6/24/2012
Sorry that this chapter gave you so much trouble, but I'm glad you decided to post this to move things along.

Poor Melchior. He wants to do everything he can for Wendla, but there's only so much he *can*, and it's not nearly enough. He's right to be worried about whether she'll be able to recover the confidence and passion she used to have. Like him, I have to wonder if Sonnenstich and his cronies inflicted so much damage that she'll never recover those parts of herself. How overwhelmingly heartrending to think it might not happen.

Then, there's her inability to heal, exacerbated by the nightmares that rob her of restful sleep. Once again, Melchi is powerless to relieve her of the constant bad dreams, and her attempts to fight sleep are counterproductive in terms of her getting better.

He's absolutely correct. While book learning does have its place, it hasn't prepared him for what he's facing, and it won't help to solve his problems.

Hmm... his offer to kill her attackers, while well-meaning, would lead to further problems. She might well feel guilty for inciting him to murder, no matter the circumstances, and he might also regret taking a life (or three), even in retaliation for the horrors the men inflicted on the girl he loves. Neither would want to voice those feelings aloud, and it might well drive a wedge between them. If it were to happen accidentally, though, in self-defense...

Aw, the moment with the kitten was so sweet. A tiny bright spot in an otherwise dark and almost hopeless situation.

And then, the monster reappears! As I've mentioned before, I'm incredibly worried about what Wendla's reaction will be, and exactly how she'll be able to avoid being recaptured. I don't believe she can survive - literally or emotionally - being held captive again. Holding on to the promise of an eventual HEA...
michemistic chapter 17 . 6/24/2012
*Holds you* So glad to see this back!

If I was Melchior I’d try lifting a simple, portable, light mattress into the hayloft. Like a futon. Her wounds do not need the pressure, what about turning her every two hours? I hope she’s sleeping on her sides. What about Melchior and Mama Gabor slowly stretching her limbs and giving her massages to ease soreness? Is she eating plenty of protein to rebuild her skin? Oops, sorry about the onslaught of questions.

My heart breaks all over for our sweet Wendla. But I’m still partially relieved she’s letting out her emotions and that there’s a difference between being polite and bottling everything up. Hopefully in the future she can have a healthy outlet for her past, maybe writing her feelings? Since Melchior is vastly literate, he could help her with writing. That way it won’t replay in her mind, pouring it out instead of circulating.

I know you said no murder, but once again, I say kill all the bastards. Make them suffer long and slow. I’d do so with the most sadistic smile on my face. Some say it’s barbaric, but to kill for others is something only reserved for family. And that’s what Wendla and Melchior are, a family through and through.

"I can hold you," he told her softly. It wasn't enough and he knew it, but he would offer her everything he could. "I can take you away from here once you're healed. I can kill them so you never have to be afraid again. I can give you another baby, if you want one. But I can't turn back time, Wendla. I'm sorry…so sorry…"-I just…I just *takes deep breathe in to quell the blubbering* Focusing on their future, that it will be of happiness is a motivating factor. It’s for both of them to look forward to and to move on. It’s hope and that’s what they need to help them heal.

The image of a broken (but not gone) young girl desperately clutching a kitten, to derive any semblance of comfort is the kind of picture that lives with you. Even though Melchior feels helpless, he’s the only one Wendla wants and needs to be there for her.

Just because the monster brought back up, doesn’t mean the Gabor family are not prepared. I hate to say this because it will bring back bad memories, but do they have a basement with a secret entrance? Or an attic unknown to anyone but the family? What about the parent’s closet? Anywhere at all they can hide? Melchior has literally has the home advantage, he knows the best hiding spots (this is why hide and seek is one of the best childhood games).

As long as these kids are safe and get better, I can’t be angry. Anticipation is a hold different story, that only gets worse the longer we’re left waiting!
EmZ711 chapter 17 . 6/23/2012
Nooo! I'm very conflicted right now... I thrive off of the drama, but I also want them to be okay. I can't wait for more! Update soon! :)
Broadwayfreak5357 chapter 17 . 6/23/2012
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I saw the email notification and like spazzed the freak out :) and dammit cris! Yes I knew the cliffhanger was coming bt I'm still like . whyyyy? Omgggggg he comes back with help I just might die. O.o what's gonna happen! I need to know lol :) anyway I loved this chapter. Poor Wendla :( I love their relationship and like the gentleness and the push and pull etc. :) 3 more please! :)

xx Sage
Penmora Zenith chapter 17 . 6/23/2012
Ooh, what a teaser you've left us with! Please update soon!
sourilove chapter 17 . 6/23/2012
I really missed you
WickedForGood13 chapter 17 . 6/22/2012
I hope you're able to update soon! This story has me hooked :)
G chapter 17 . 6/22/2012
WELCOME BACK! I missed this so much! (but I think you already knew that...)

...please tell me you have more written?

Giuliette
Ashleigh chapter 16 . 6/20/2012
This is, by far, the best SA story I've ever read! Please, keep writing!
G chapter 16 . 6/17/2012
I need this story!

G
lili chapter 16 . 6/4/2012
I'm really missing your story right now! I really hope you will continue writing!
Lori chapter 16 . 6/1/2012
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease, update!
justagirlwithbigdreams chapter 16 . 5/31/2012
Update soon please xx
G chapter 16 . 5/29/2012
C'!

I need this story to live! What happens to Wendla? Will they get away unscathed? Will they once again make love? Will Wendla have a beautiful experience with intercourse after all that's happened to her? Will they marry? What's Fanny's role? Will Wendla finally confront her horrid mother?

See? So many questions! Please update!

GiulietteRose