Reviews for Kindheit Ende
michemistic chapter 16 . 4/18/2012
I’m so sorry. So bad, Bad, BAD! To review so late!

People say to kill them with kindness. This is killing me with kind, loving, bittersweet, saccharine feelings. So pure and genuine. The intimacy is so tangible, picturing this is too easy.

Look at these two sweethearts, always truthfully going on and on about how beautiful they find each other. :’3

This is so sad and sick, but in a way, their baby protected Wendla. That she was pregnant when she was raped meant she wouldn’t be carrying those monsters *shudders* offspring. Not that I blame a child when that happens in real life, but everyone would rather give birth to a baby made out of love rather than horrifying abuse.

Thank you for the much needed emotional outlet via sweet “play-time.” It’s hot AND fluffy! Nice use of Melchior’s body appreciation. Yes, when we saw them half-naked on the hayloft, who DIDN’T notice JGroff’s very defined V-hipbones?

"I'm not afraid of you," parallels “It’s just me, it’s just me.”

“Even if he were plain, the depth of his caring would make him beautiful in her eyes.”-Oh my precious Wendla. You’re such a beautiful person inside and out, as is your soulmate.

"I never want you to let me go," he begged on a breathy inhalation. "Please, never let me go."-I just, they’re so tender and have want and need each other whole-heartedly. It pains me to say this, but to have Melchior (physically) go on without Wendla in after the play. Still, he will always carry her along with their baby and Moritz in his heart. I know he’s atheist, but “I Believe” they all reunited in heaven. In fact, what they’re doing and giving to each other is heavenly healing.

This is progress; please don’t be too harsh on them anymore. They can’t take much more. Let them heal and leave. Or at least heal them THEN bring back the drama!

Sorry for the short review, please forgive me!

I shall await the next chapter lovely!
Giulie chapter 14 . 4/16/2012
That awkward moment when I never properly thanked you for the birthday chapter...I know that was a while ago, but I felt really bad having never done it...Thank you so much! My computer crashed and I forgot to do it 'later.' I was just rereading the story and was like, "huh! Did I ever thank her? Why don't I check?" and lo and behold, I didn't. So, thank you!

Giuliette chapter 16 . 4/16/2012
Hello! Okay, you totally outdid yourself with this chapter. I have no clue whether or not I reviewed, but I felt the need to do so (again?). The intimacy of this scene was beautiful. Just stunning! I actually love the scenes with Fanny, the way she handles everything is truly loving and caring. That being said, the personal scenes shared with Melchi and Wendla are beautiful, with neither of them really knowing what intimacies they like outside of lovemaking. I loved the comparison between the male bodies, something I was waiting and hoping for. I can't wait until they once again find that paridise together.

Please update soon!

mcamastow chapter 16 . 4/12/2012
Don't know the book but I am enjoying the story.
EmZ711 chapter 16 . 3/31/2012
This story is utterly amazing. I'm speechless. The style in which you write is just... Perfect. You combine literacy with knowledge of what you're writing about, and many people can't do that. I really hope you update soon. :)
northstar61 chapter 15 . 3/18/2012
I really admire Fanny's ability to remain outwardly calm in the face of Herr Sonnenstich's menacing presence. Of course, she was inwardly terrified that he'd discover Wendla in the house, but she kept her head and used every delaying tactic she could think of to give Melchior time to come up with an escape plan. I know you weren't originally sure if you wanted her to be so definitively on Melchi and Wendla's side, but I'm glad you decided to make her one of the good 'guys' in this. Those poor youngsters need all the help they can get, and it's reassuring that at least one adult in their lives has their best interests at heart.

I did wonder if Sonnenstich might attempt to harm her physically in some way, given that women in those days were expected to submit to men, and he truly could have gotten away with anything. Despite the fact that I don't normally condone violence, I did agree with her assessment that her 'visitor' would deserve whatever fate awaited him, should he attempt to attack her or one of the children. Too bad she couldn't take the knife with her as they went to search the outbuildings!

I despise the fact that Sonnenstich has any claim at all to Wendla, but I was relieved by Fanny's determination to lie and ignore the law in order to do what was morally right in this case.

It was also a relief that Fanny caught that brief glimpse of Melchior running into the woods. Not only did it confirm for her that the children were temporarily safe, it also meant that she was able to allow Sonnenstich to search the house and to honestly tell him he would find nothing.

Once again, poor Wendla and Melchior were forced to spend several agonizing moments, waiting in the darkness to see if they were about to be discovered by that awful man. You made Wendla's fear palpable, and established the depth of Melchior's conflict. Either option could lead to unwanted consequences - hold the girl he loves, and be unable to fight, or ready himself for battle, and risk leaving Wendla exposed to whoever was approaching them while they were so very vulnerable.

What a relief to have Fanny be the one to appear before them, and for her to offer comfort and support to both children. I appreciated that she told her son the truth - that Sonnenstich would be back and was still a threat - but that she also strove to keep the worst of the news from upsetting Wendla. She's behaving like a mother to them both, and that's heartwarming.

Even though I share Fanny's concern about there being only one way out of the hayloft, I completely understood Wendla's desire to return to her hideaway there. In her experience, nothing bad has happened to her there, unlike what took place at the house earlier that day.

Aw, the moment with the kitten was so cute. It does offer Wendla an innocent form of comfort that she's desperate for.

I'm glad that Melchior felt secure enough to confide his plans to Fanny. He and Wendla need all the help they can get, and his mother's the most likely person to give that to them. I know they're not out of the woods yet - well, they are literally, but you know what I mean! - but it does help that they've got someone on their side.
jo chapter 16 . 3/16/2012
This chapter was soooo incredible, I juste adore the way you wrote and how passionate the scene was. I absolutely can't wait to read the next chapter! :)
AlexisLovesGlee chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
Beautiful. :)

"He was such a beautiful boy. She watched him carefully, dark eyes gentle and solemn as they traced across his well-known features, committing each to memory though he was already branded upon her heart. Pretty eyelashes, strong nose and firm jaw, those brown curls she wanted always to touch. His mouth was gentle, the expressive line relaxed into peacefulness as he slept. She traced his lower lip with her fingertip, soft and perfect."

I don't think anyone has ever described Melchior (or Jonathan Groff) so exquisitely. You hit the nail on the head with this paragraph.

I waited to read this chapter because I was rereading the entire story, and because I watched the show again (for the 17th time). Every time I read a new chapter of this, I am floored by how absolutely true you are to Wendla and Melchior. You capture Wendla's innocence just so, and you write Melchior just as Jonathan portrayed him: brilliant, yet conflicted, yet completely in love.

This chapter was beautiful, too. So intimate. I felt like I was invading in a private moment between them. I love that Wendla is able to trust him to be intimate with him. One of my favorite things about this chapter was the mirroring of Melchior's behaviour to that of Sonnenstitch and his cronies. That she can separate the two after her ordeal is a miracle in itself.

I also loved that Melchior didn't quite know what he wanted. That's so true of any 15 or 16 year old boy, and that he was able to tell that to Wendla shows the deep trust they share. He's so willing to tell her everything and anything about him, and that's something special for a teenage relationship.

I know they aren't out of the woods quite yet, but I loved the fluff. Sometimes a break from the angst is nice. I can't wait for the next updates on all your stories, not just this one. :)
lili chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
yeaaah! I loved this chapter, it was really great seeing them in a intimate situation. Now I'm dying to read more! ;)

Thank you for writing.
sourilove chapter 15 . 3/12/2012
Please i beg you have to uptated more ...
matchbookjealousy chapter 16 . 3/11/2012
they definitely deserved the fluff, i think! very nice fluff too! (and that wasn't supposed to be a dirty comment.)

very nice chapter, Cris. :) keep up the good work!
Lori chapter 16 . 3/10/2012

I just had to say this, thank you SO MUCH for this chapter! Some fluff was very much needed and they have definitely earned it. Reading it made me feel just as warm as Wendla, and I had this goofy smile plastered on my face throughout the whole chapter. I know there are still dark times ahead, and I feel anxious for them already, but moments like this make them stronger and more united and ready to face that danger. So, even though they will certainly suffer in the near future, we know it's harder for their resolve to falter. I won't go as far as to be sure it will not happen, I mean, they ARE still teenagers, but it's very reassuring to see their love growing stronger each day(even though I still think Melchior should step up and make Wendla realize that the house really is the safest place for them at the moment).

So, thanks again for this amazing read!
ohwowlovelycassie chapter 16 . 3/10/2012
Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU! for updating for my birthday it's SO sweet of you x
matchbookjealousy chapter 15 . 3/9/2012
still loving this, Cris! i'm so sorry its taken me this long to review! *shame*

*gently hugs Melchi and Wendla* i continue to love Frau Gabor! she was so fierce and perfect! i loved how stiff she was to Sonnenstich! great scene in the barn, too! loved that!

keep up the great work, Cris! update again soon! *hugs everyone* :)
Ajunebuga chapter 4 . 3/8/2012
Omg, this is by FAR one of, if not the most, disturbing things I've ever read. Ever. However, that's also a testament to your skill at writing. Your prose prompts a near visceral sensation in you reader. It must have taken a lot of courage to post this
200 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »