Reviews for Kindheit Ende
Giuliette chapter 16 . 4/16/2012
Hello! Okay, you totally outdid yourself with this chapter. I have no clue whether or not I reviewed, but I felt the need to do so (again?). The intimacy of this scene was beautiful. Just stunning! I actually love the scenes with Fanny, the way she handles everything is truly loving and caring. That being said, the personal scenes shared with Melchi and Wendla are beautiful, with neither of them really knowing what intimacies they like outside of lovemaking. I loved the comparison between the male bodies, something I was waiting and hoping for. I can't wait until they once again find that paridise together.

Please update soon!

Giuliette
mcamastow chapter 16 . 4/12/2012
Don't know the book but I am enjoying the story.
EmZ711 chapter 16 . 3/31/2012
This story is utterly amazing. I'm speechless. The style in which you write is just... Perfect. You combine literacy with knowledge of what you're writing about, and many people can't do that. I really hope you update soon. :)
northstar61 chapter 15 . 3/18/2012
I really admire Fanny's ability to remain outwardly calm in the face of Herr Sonnenstich's menacing presence. Of course, she was inwardly terrified that he'd discover Wendla in the house, but she kept her head and used every delaying tactic she could think of to give Melchior time to come up with an escape plan. I know you weren't originally sure if you wanted her to be so definitively on Melchi and Wendla's side, but I'm glad you decided to make her one of the good 'guys' in this. Those poor youngsters need all the help they can get, and it's reassuring that at least one adult in their lives has their best interests at heart.

I did wonder if Sonnenstich might attempt to harm her physically in some way, given that women in those days were expected to submit to men, and he truly could have gotten away with anything. Despite the fact that I don't normally condone violence, I did agree with her assessment that her 'visitor' would deserve whatever fate awaited him, should he attempt to attack her or one of the children. Too bad she couldn't take the knife with her as they went to search the outbuildings!

I despise the fact that Sonnenstich has any claim at all to Wendla, but I was relieved by Fanny's determination to lie and ignore the law in order to do what was morally right in this case.

It was also a relief that Fanny caught that brief glimpse of Melchior running into the woods. Not only did it confirm for her that the children were temporarily safe, it also meant that she was able to allow Sonnenstich to search the house and to honestly tell him he would find nothing.

Once again, poor Wendla and Melchior were forced to spend several agonizing moments, waiting in the darkness to see if they were about to be discovered by that awful man. You made Wendla's fear palpable, and established the depth of Melchior's conflict. Either option could lead to unwanted consequences - hold the girl he loves, and be unable to fight, or ready himself for battle, and risk leaving Wendla exposed to whoever was approaching them while they were so very vulnerable.

What a relief to have Fanny be the one to appear before them, and for her to offer comfort and support to both children. I appreciated that she told her son the truth - that Sonnenstich would be back and was still a threat - but that she also strove to keep the worst of the news from upsetting Wendla. She's behaving like a mother to them both, and that's heartwarming.

Even though I share Fanny's concern about there being only one way out of the hayloft, I completely understood Wendla's desire to return to her hideaway there. In her experience, nothing bad has happened to her there, unlike what took place at the house earlier that day.

Aw, the moment with the kitten was so cute. It does offer Wendla an innocent form of comfort that she's desperate for.

I'm glad that Melchior felt secure enough to confide his plans to Fanny. He and Wendla need all the help they can get, and his mother's the most likely person to give that to them. I know they're not out of the woods yet - well, they are literally, but you know what I mean! - but it does help that they've got someone on their side.
jo chapter 16 . 3/16/2012
This chapter was soooo incredible, I juste adore the way you wrote and how passionate the scene was. I absolutely can't wait to read the next chapter! :)
AlexisLovesGlee chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
Beautiful. :)

"He was such a beautiful boy. She watched him carefully, dark eyes gentle and solemn as they traced across his well-known features, committing each to memory though he was already branded upon her heart. Pretty eyelashes, strong nose and firm jaw, those brown curls she wanted always to touch. His mouth was gentle, the expressive line relaxed into peacefulness as he slept. She traced his lower lip with her fingertip, soft and perfect."

I don't think anyone has ever described Melchior (or Jonathan Groff) so exquisitely. You hit the nail on the head with this paragraph.

I waited to read this chapter because I was rereading the entire story, and because I watched the show again (for the 17th time). Every time I read a new chapter of this, I am floored by how absolutely true you are to Wendla and Melchior. You capture Wendla's innocence just so, and you write Melchior just as Jonathan portrayed him: brilliant, yet conflicted, yet completely in love.

This chapter was beautiful, too. So intimate. I felt like I was invading in a private moment between them. I love that Wendla is able to trust him to be intimate with him. One of my favorite things about this chapter was the mirroring of Melchior's behaviour to that of Sonnenstitch and his cronies. That she can separate the two after her ordeal is a miracle in itself.

I also loved that Melchior didn't quite know what he wanted. That's so true of any 15 or 16 year old boy, and that he was able to tell that to Wendla shows the deep trust they share. He's so willing to tell her everything and anything about him, and that's something special for a teenage relationship.

I know they aren't out of the woods quite yet, but I loved the fluff. Sometimes a break from the angst is nice. I can't wait for the next updates on all your stories, not just this one. :)
lili chapter 16 . 3/12/2012
yeaaah! I loved this chapter, it was really great seeing them in a intimate situation. Now I'm dying to read more! ;)

Thank you for writing.
sourilove chapter 15 . 3/12/2012
Please i beg you have to uptated more ...
matchbookjealousy chapter 16 . 3/11/2012
they definitely deserved the fluff, i think! very nice fluff too! (and that wasn't supposed to be a dirty comment.)

very nice chapter, Cris. :) keep up the good work!
Lori chapter 16 . 3/10/2012
Hello,

I just had to say this, thank you SO MUCH for this chapter! Some fluff was very much needed and they have definitely earned it. Reading it made me feel just as warm as Wendla, and I had this goofy smile plastered on my face throughout the whole chapter. I know there are still dark times ahead, and I feel anxious for them already, but moments like this make them stronger and more united and ready to face that danger. So, even though they will certainly suffer in the near future, we know it's harder for their resolve to falter. I won't go as far as to be sure it will not happen, I mean, they ARE still teenagers, but it's very reassuring to see their love growing stronger each day(even though I still think Melchior should step up and make Wendla realize that the house really is the safest place for them at the moment).

So, thanks again for this amazing read!
ohwowlovelycassie chapter 16 . 3/10/2012
Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU! for updating for my birthday it's SO sweet of you x
matchbookjealousy chapter 15 . 3/9/2012
still loving this, Cris! i'm so sorry its taken me this long to review! *shame*

*gently hugs Melchi and Wendla* i continue to love Frau Gabor! she was so fierce and perfect! i loved how stiff she was to Sonnenstich! great scene in the barn, too! loved that!

keep up the great work, Cris! update again soon! *hugs everyone* :)
Ajunebuga chapter 4 . 3/8/2012
Omg, this is by FAR one of, if not the most, disturbing things I've ever read. Ever. However, that's also a testament to your skill at writing. Your prose prompts a near visceral sensation in you reader. It must have taken a lot of courage to post this
TheTempy chapter 15 . 2/25/2012
I absolutely love all the fanfiction I've read from you so far, but this story is by far my favorite. I was moved to write you a review (and having to create an account to do so) after I read all you have posted. This story is warms and breaks my heart at the same time and is so well written, I still can't believe I found it on this website.

Please, please, please update soon.

I, and I'm sure many others who read it, connect with this story on such a personal level and I would hate to see it be unfinished.

As for you, yourself, you are an amazing storyteller and a fantastic talent. I look forward to reading all your works.

-Tempy
BruisedSmile chapter 14 . 2/19/2012
You have no idea how hard it is to stop and review when I’m itching so badly to rush onto the next chapter! Especially as you left it on such a cliffhanger – again! God, you’re evil…but that’s why I love you ;)

This was a frickin’ AWESOME birthday present! I’m sorry I’m so overdue with the review, but you are all kinds of wonderful for writing this! It only sucks that it’s now another year before I can play that card again… Hmm, can I beg for a special leap year update? Or how about Easter? Or because it’s a sunny day? (Rare for over here, I can tell you!) Hey, can’t blame a girl for trying.

Anyway, this was a great chapter. Again, your handle of tension is expert and you had me gritting my teeth at the appearance of Sonnenstich in Fanny’s kitchen. I imagine she held her own pretty well, but it must be daunting to be intruded upon all alone in your own house by a man you know to be capable of such horrific things. I did want to shake her for ever going to Wendla’s mother in the first place, but I can accept that her way of thinking about the situation at the time, and can only share her relief that she withheld some information. I wonder if the headmaster has already spoken to her husband? I’m curious and worried to know how Sonnenstich will react when/if Fanny reveals that she knows about everything he did to Wendla. I doubt, based on his character, that he will be overly concerned - but he will probably want to take some action to protect his reputation. That guy just gives me chills.

Melchior’s fury and fear were captured perfectly, and I love his reasoning – balancing his urge for revenge with his love for Wendla. The conflicting impulses that stem from his depth of feeling for her are equally beautiful, heartbreaking and completely understandable. My heart was in my mouth as they made their escape, and part of me just wanted them to keep running and running all the way to Berlin. Yet, I love that you weave reality checks into the thoughts of the characters and their situations. It makes it so much more gripping and believable. The image of them hiding away and holding onto each other in the heart of a dark and cold forest was very powerful and fraught with vulnerable emotions and tension. You really make us feel the threat that hovers over the children all the time, the constant fear and danger that Melchior described, which only makes his frustrated wish to somehow take them away from that, all the more heart-wrenching. They are trapped and hunted and in a constant state of uncertainty, and we feel it right along with them.

Wendla’s terror was haunting and tragic, and we can only imagine the nightmare she was re-living at the prospect of that man getting his hands back on her.

Again, you describe the love between the children so beautifully - Melchior’s protective feelings and the desperate depth of his passion as he marvels at all he loves and cherishes about “his girl”. Wendla’s declaration that even in death, she would not leave him, was so utterly perfect and captures exactly how I feel about the connection of these two. The flashback to a fearless and wild little girl that was an even younger Wendla was wonderful, and I loved the mention of Moritz and the other children. I love the glimpses you give us into the stories of their childhood and I adore the idea of Wendla being so fiercely protective of her friends – it’s a scene I can easily imagine. Melchior’s reflections on her strength of character were very well done, and I adore that he can still see all the passion and intelligence within her and that he is determined to bring it out so she can flourish so brilliantly on her own. They are definitely destined for so much more together.

And, oh god, the cliffhanger. I can’t help but despair if Wendla is ever going to get a chance to heal. I *really* hope it is Fanny who is out looking for the children.

Something that occurred to me, if the headmaster did force himself into the house to search – the blood in the bathwater. That’s something else that could potentially give them away, as Sonnenstich would be well aware of the physical state that Wendla would be in. And even if he has left, I can’t help but feel the children cannot stay for long, as he must know that Melchior is back and has Wendla and thus will be more determined than ever to punish them for that. It seems inevitable that he will return. Unless Melchior gets to him first…

Oh, and just a quick something that drew my OCD attention when reading: “Liquid eye” – should this not be “liquid eyes”? I only mention it because I love this story to pieces and in my selfishness I’m being anal in its perfection!

But now it’s stupidly late for a school night, I have homework still to do and I’m waaay too tired - so the next chapter is going to have to wait until tomorrow! *Sob*

Fantastic work, as per usual! :)
198 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »