Reviews for The News
No-Rhyme-Just-Reason chapter 6 . 3/7
Okay well it's been over four years since you last updated. It's disappointing; but life happens and all that. I'd just be real pleased if you did. :-)
I know this fic has a serious theme. But I couldn't help wondering during these last two chapters if I was the only one who cracked up at the visual of John-Boy visiting the cemetery and his would-be mother-in-law's place in his pajamas! XD *laughs again and wipes a tear*. One thing about John Walton Sr., he's sensitive and compassionate, but not one to waste words. And so when he talks, people better make like E F. Hutton! He's not authoritarian, exactly; but so strongly authoritative it exudes from every pore. So this is a very good job you've done on his characterization here. I don't think I could write him even if I did write fanfic.
Anyway, not having seen the original episode, and with John-Boy being that crazy-depressed, I was just glad that something else worse didn't happen (this being AU and all). I have to admit, I was kind of holding my breath during a couple of the scenes.
Looking over your author's bio, if you decide to take up story #7 I'd definitely be interested in reviewing, though perhaps with tomatoes. Yeah, I see a lot of potential for conflict and angst with *That* one; especially when Olivia (bless her heart!) gets into it.
splinterson77 chapter 2 . 1/18/2014
that's sooooo sad!
EmmelleN chapter 6 . 3/30/2012
Lovely story! So glad I found it. Will be back for the next chapter. Thanks!
CountryGrl chapter 5 . 11/6/2011
Ah dear, I do believe my phone helpfully changed "reading" to "rewind" in my other review :P Sorry about that. Anyway, here's an extra review count for your story, which it definitely deserves. ;)
CountryGrl chapter 6 . 11/6/2011
Oh John-Boy...

I really, really love how you've written John Walton. He has this quality about him that isn't easy to capture. Lovely.

I look forward to rewind more!
CountryGrl chapter 2 . 11/6/2011
I just saw the episode where Jenny comes back and started to ship these two so bad, so I came straight here to see if there were any fics...and oh this is so sad already! Poor John-Boy...:( Really well written though, you have all their voices perfectly.
Great chapter 4 . 9/25/2011
You've captured everyone's reactions quite well-especially John and Olivia's ! I always liked how in that family every single member's happiness or sadness was something the parents/grandparents felt a need to focus on. BTW, where's Grandma and Grandpa?
Galaxy-Defending-Hopeful chapter 6 . 9/5/2011
Hey! This is a great chapter - so full of emotion. I love it! Please update quickly, your fans are hungry...
CallMeFebreze chapter 6 . 9/3/2011
Poor JohnBoy. Keep up the good writing!
Aurora chapter 6 . 9/2/2011
So sad. But so well written. Keep updating! :)
CallMeFebreze chapter 5 . 8/31/2011
Aww poor John-boy! I feel so sorry for him! :( I wonder where John took him?
CallMeFebreze chapter 4 . 7/20/2011
I love this story so much! I'm a HUGE fan of the Waltons, and this is so sweet! Please update soon!
Cruelest Sea chapter 4 . 7/14/2011
So sad! But well written.:)
Galaxy-Defending-Hopeful chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
This is a really amazing chapter - I can just imagine John-Boy, in his chair, sitting there...

Please write more soon!
Jessi chapter 3 . 7/12/2011
I am enjoying this story very much!I hope you continue it! (Thanks for writing your first story here,"The Incident".I really liked that one,too!)