Reviews for Distant Glimpses
Uberlemming chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
So freaking adorable! Yes it lacks real conflict and a few other things as well, but it is short and closely enough linked to it's prequel (which has plenty enough difficulties and drama for both of them) that it easily gets away with it. Man I love this :)
the weird kid chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Wow, you are so great at writing from a blind persons perspective that while I was reading, I wasn't actually reading. I actually HEARD the text instead of reading it, giving me a weird sense of seeing, but not seeing.
Jiopaba chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This was some lovely WAFF. It 'does' add a nice sense of closure that the previous story didn't have I think. It's not that the previous ending was bad so much as this was just... better? It's like the story was deepened a whole level and then had a new more thoroughly happy ending added. I like it.
draugeltheshadowhero chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I know your not really checking messages from this site anymore but I was wondering if I could use some of your elements in this story to write my own in a series I haven't touched yet and when I post it if you would mind looking over it?
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Great stuff. This was weapons grade fluff.

Man... Now I totally need to steal the supervillain jokes. They're an outstanding achievement in the field of smartassery.

Excellent work on this.
The King in White chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Haha very cute. I didn't think from the summary that they'd get that far.
Partial Insanity chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
I really enjoyed this, just like the other one. It certainly gives a very interesting perspective to things.

I really would like to see this become a regular series instead of some one-shots, and I'm positive that you would be able to find a place for Itsuki in the plot.

If you ever wish to continue making this storyline, please by all means go right ahead!
Annara Ren chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Sweet! This is a very enjoyable read :)
Karg42 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
At a Glance ended well and didn't really need a continuation, but this still works out well in giving it a more 'solid' kind of end. Lots of WAFF to go around and it's nice to see Kyon's mom as less of an antagonistic character. Plus the little things that Haruhi is helping Kyon with (kicking stairs, checking the club room) really helps it seem like they've developed some sort of nice relationship beyond the cannon Boss and Minion with a few semi-hidden feelings. All in all, very nice.
BenignUser chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I loved the way you handled Kyon's little time-travel adventure. My favourite bit was the very start of it when he's able to reflect upon what his new-found sight offers. So rich, wonderful, and alive was that short moment, that it made me ache when the time came for Asakura to take his sight away from him again.

I thought back to Koizumi when you mentioned him in your notes at the end. You mentioned his transfer at the end of At a Glance, so I was mildly surprised he didn't show up, but your reasoning behind it seems to be pretty valid. He doesn't really fit in this story. When I recalled his role in the light novels, he was in short simply the go-to guy for exposition and theories on the supernatural; he really did little else. And with the story here not even invoking the supernatural aspect of the series, it's probably really hard to find a place for him. Like you said, even Nagato, who shares a similar albeit more dynamic role in the novels, was 'just kinda there' in this story. Without the supernatural element, they appear to have no place. This was rather interesting for me to muse about, and I wouldn't have thought about it had I not read your story. Heh.

Either way, all in all, this is a very nice sequel to At a Glance. Your Haruhi and Kyon are amazing characters. Do you plan on adding any more to the series?
Convictski chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
You're right. That was complete WAFF. Still, I liked it, especially Mikuru and Yuki's teasing of Haruhi over the wish.
cannon chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I want to preface this by saying I am a great fan of your works- please take this as the constructive criticism I mean it as.

By and large you present the voices of the characters your portray with great accuracy (in the unique situations you place them in, of course). However, there are moments in your stories- and here I am speaking of this story in particular and separate cases in Big Damn Hero in general that I have noticed- jarring scenes. Specifically, when the characters discuss works you admire. I assume you admire them, because the characters of the story cease speaking in their own tone and shift dramatically to mouthpieces for your opinions of the works in question.

This may just be my own observation, but reading about the discussion of Bridge of Birds (and subsequently the author's note explaining its inclusion) to me is a disassociated element of the story. It destroys, however briefly, my suspension of disbelief.

I'll grant you that this is a minor bone to pick, but for a writer of your caliber it's worth pointing out- I enjoyed Bridge of Birds myself and whole-heartedly endorse it, but such praise is for the author's note, not for the characters to insert into the narrative.

Whether you agree or disagree with my assessment, please, keep writing. I effin' love your work.
Arakawa Seijio chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Honestly? The characters in this are likeable enough that it makes me realize how I don't feel that much sympathy for the ordinary TMoHS characters, and ordinarily read Haruhi fanfiction to watch the more annoying of the lot get a dose of karma.

Minor quibble: isn't a summer kimono called a yukata? Yutaka is the common first name.
BrazeRancor chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Fine work. I can't help but feel that this is MoSH minus the supernatural. After all, a content Haruhi has no need for imaginary aliens and Espers, right?
the grey mage chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
thank you for this heart warming story. i love slice of life depictions. hell, if lucky star and azumanga daioh can get away with it, you can too.