Reviews for Tales of Princesses and Knights in Metal Armour
Mitzzi chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
This is the third one of these I've read, and again, I love it. There is no competition, Lily/Trashcan forever. I like how you write the same story each time, but with a different spin.

The trashcan besides her rattled.

Lol
I Am Me And I Can Fly chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I love Albert. :D
sydneysages chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I LOVED THIS!

LILY/TRASHCAN FOR THE WIN!

WHY did Teddy and Victoire split upppp thougghhhhh?

I LOVVED IT!

It rocked!

I adore this pairing hehehe :D

my FAVOURITESTICAL LINE OF ALLLL TIME:

Bloody hell, it made me laugh :D

vicky xx
justalittle l o o n y chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I still love LilyTrashcan. I loved how you built up their relationship and I really loved that you had him kiss her directly after she got over Teddy. I like the way you didn't have Lily perfectly in love with him the first time he kissed her. And I loved the way he loves her. So yeah, Lily may not be my favorite character, but he balances her out. He's adorable. Great job Madlikins!

~Loony.
combeferring chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Whoa, Mad, this was really good!

I thought your Lily was a fabulous character, especially with wanting to be a princess, and I was amused by her claiming that "Princesses don't run!' I thought you had her down as a really believable girl,and I think that was really shown by her being a spoilt brat :p

Andandand I though Albert was adorable. Just sayin' ;)

Good job, Maddy!
thelilacfield chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
LILYTRASHCAN SHIPPERS UNITE!

I loved this so freakin much like you wouldn't even know. Teddy and Lily is always so sad but Lily has Albert and he's a much better option :D

I loved it :)
george's firework chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Teehee, LilyTrashcan - That's the first time I've read one but I loved it - they should make a character called Trashcan.

Yeah.

There was so much emotion in this! Lily's longing to be a Princess (which was adorable, by the way) and then all the heartbreak due to Teddy, and then the confusion over Albert and it was incredible, as usual with your writing
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
aksajk~~! OHMYGOSH! I just adore LilyTrashcan so much...:D :D :D :D Brilliant Mad, brilliant! :D
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
OKAY, I JUST LOST THIS MASSIVE REVIEW THAT I TYPED UP FOR YOU TWICE, AND I AM SO NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

BUT THIS WAS COMPLETELY BRILLIANT. AND THAT'S SO NOT COOL, BECAUSE YOU REALLY JUST MADE ME LIKE LILYTRASHCAN.

Your Lily was completely amazing, and I have no idea why you hate her! I mean, maybe in real life, I would like her much, but as a character? She’s fabulous! And very realistic too. I like the idea of her being a bit spoiled and liking being the center of attention, because she is the youngest, the only girl, and Harry Potter’s daughter. I love how she was just all like, “I want a prince.” It was so funny and cute and so typical little girl. Like, okay, Lily, we’ll get right on that! I love her parent’s reaction too! How Ginny blamed the Disney movies and Harry just said, “Muggle girls watch them too!” AND UGH, SEE WHAT YOU DID? I’M GUSHING ALREADY AND I’VE ONLY TALKED ABOUT THE FIRST PARAGRAPH YET.

(Well, actually I’ve reviewed the whole piece. Twice. But you won’t be able to see that, haha, because is stupid.)

I also really loved how Lily was all, “princesses don’t run!” when Teddy told her parents about the cross country thing, and then at the same time as she was being obstinate and thinking she would never want to do it – “except she kind of did.” Again, so realistic and so cute!

The only bits I didn’t like were the TeddyLily ones, but I’m a bit biased because I really don’t like that pairing. I don’t mind it when it’s onesided, but in canon – sorry to nitpick – Lily seemed happy about Teddy and Victoire snogging when James told them all. But this could be a bit AUish, or she could have been putting on a brave face? I also thought it was a bit unrealistic for Teddy, as a teacher, to have kissed her as a thirteen-year-old student, but I don’t know… he really was a sleazeball here, wasn’t he?

Sorry if I’m being too nitpicky. ;/ But I really did like this, and that's really it for all the critique stuff, so I can get back to gushing properly now.

Albert. ALBERT. WHY IS HE SO CUTE? AND WHY ARE HE AND LILY SO ADORABLE TOGETHER? HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A TRASHCAN.

But I just loved all their little conversations... the whole bit about the Muggle school and I really just want to quote the whole conversation, but I won't because this review is already going on much too long. It was completely fantastic, though. I love the line about how the bullies were doing the same thing that Albert's uncle had - judging people by their families.

"As he pulled away, he whispered against her lips, "I love you. I always have."

And then, he stood up and exited the room, probably terrified of what she would say. Slytherins were never known for their courage."

...

I was pretty much speechless after that point, I'm not going to lie. It was so completely lovely. I really just love how Albert was always there for Lily, even when no one else was. And I love how she kissed him at her party but them Gemini stole the thunder back by kissing Hugo, because that was so cute and funny again, and GAH, I JUST LOVED THIS WHOLE PIECE.

THIS IS ALMOST A 600-WORD REVIEW, PARTS OF WHICH I TYPED THREE TIMES, AND IT”S ONE END OF YOUR BLASPHEMY AGAINST LILYLYSANDER, AND I REALLY SHOULDN’T HAVE LIKED IT AS MUCH AS I DID, BUT I JUST… DID.

I’m really sorry if this isn’t all coherent, or whatever, but I’m just in such a great mood right now and this piece just made me happy and I should probably shut up now. So. Yes.

(I’m honestly a bit scared to post this review, as you’ll probably think that I’m completely crazy – so sorry for that! But eh, I’m going to send it anyway)
HollyVanDerBerg chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Same username btw.

Wow! Was cuuute!

I wonder why Teddy is always such a jerk in your stories but good job! Albert is adorable!
gote chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
MADDY! Hey, this is me (FINALLY) filling in my review tag! Woo! Yay!

I actually really enjoyed this (not that it was a surprise, after all it was written by you :P). I was worried a bit at first, thinking it was too much like your other TeddyLilyTrashcan (or whatever I'm meant to call this pairing ;D) but as it went on it became a different and interesting story in it's own right.

I can tell you don't like Lily when reading this. It probably comes across a bit too strongly. She's such a spoiled, bratty little thing but I don't even think that's it, for she does have some redeeming features and is really quite a strong character. There's something in the way you write this that you can just you don't like her. I think that if she was a bit more likable people would probably connect with her more and actually care about what happens to her, but reading your reviews it seems some people do like her. Nevertheless, here's my challenge to you, Madeleine Scamander: Write a likable Lily. ;DD Think you could do it?

But, Lily aside, I absolutely adore Albert, he's just the sweetest thing. He does go well with Lily. I suppose it's "opposites attract". You think that he'd let Lily walk all over him but he doesn't and I think he's good for her. He's quite a different character actually, there's not heaps like him and originality is always good. :)

I thought Teddy was a bit creepy, kissing her at 13 or 14 or whatever she was. But then again he was never the good guy here, was he? (I really liked the description of his eyes changing to black for some reason too -great visual)

I didn't notice any spelling it grammar mistakes at all, which is quite a feat to achieve -especially in a fic this long, so well done. :) It was very easy and enjoyable to read.

There was just a couple instances where I think you may have used the wrong word. You wrote Lily was "stalking" not "sulking", but that's obviously just an accidental mistake.

The other instance, may just be a case of personal opinion, but I think when you described Albert as "crashing" his lips against Lily's it just sounded really conflicting compared to where you next described their kiss as gentle and sweet. The verb just didn't seem to fit the description if you know what I mean.

Oh my god, I just have to share this. When Teddy was described as "surprisingly tender on the inside" I couldn't help but laugh (even though it probably wasn't intended to be funny) because doesn't he just sound like a piece of roasted meat. hahaha ;DDD

Anyway, great work here, Mad. I really liked this, and I just LOVED the ending. That was the sweetest thing, well done. _
Hehe chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Amazing. Good job.
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
MADDY WE ALL LOVE YOU TOO, JUST AS MUCH. HOPE YA KNOW THAT, OK?

Mad, darling, you have outdone yourself. This was magical, and I have no higher praise than that. You did not screw up Lilytrashcan.

I lovelovelove Albert, he's so adorable and sososo well-written. Seriously, he's great and just perfect for your Lily.

Speaking of Lily, I like her anyways, but I love how you write her. She's so real, a spoilt little brat who eventually gets what she needs instead of what she wants. I think that's good for her.

This is probably the best line in the history of Fanfiction; certainly the best I've ever read: "A Malfoy in Gryffindor, a Potter in Slytherin- what next, Voldemort coming back to life and declaring that he wants to team up with Dumbledore to make a musical?"

So yeah, to finish up: I love it and you're an amazing author :D

Erin
symphonies of you chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Awww, this was so lovely, Mad.

I loved how sweet Albert was and how he was always there for Lily. But you made Teddy the bad guy here D:

I absolutely adored the ending and how Gem and Hugo were together too because they're simply too cute together, yeah? And the whole idea of Lily wanting to be a princess was so cute, it kinda made me like her for a mome there.

I would say that Albert is too sweet for her, but that's what makes him perfect for her, y'know? Like they say, complete opposites attract and fit each other perfectly.

LOVE you too Mad. Hahah I love your insane ideas like Albert the Trashcan. And I love the way you write because it's simply way-too-amyzhieing.

-Nic. :]
Blu V chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
That was really cute ] I almost wish it could have been a chaptered fic so you could have fleshed out the characters more but you made some surprisingly complex characters in this oneshot so kudos to you. Wonderful work from a wonderful author.