Reviews for The Gunslinger and the Mage
Kay Deschain chapter 1 . 2/5
Other than some minor typos, this was a fantastic read for me, and I sincerely hope you produce more of this story. Mainly because I'm a tower junkie to the core and I would read the shit out of this. Unlike several crossover fics I've read trying to get a fix for the many different TV shows and books I can't seem to live without, I've found your work not only enjoyable, but well-written. Thank you for posting this.

Long days and pleasant nights.
Phantom of the Tech Booth chapter 1 . 1/7
WOWZA. Seriously, this is the plot bunny that has been bugging me for YEARS, even your choice of Harry's age (post-CoS). Jake and Harry have some similarities (and key differences), and I just can't get it out of my head that Harry could be an equal part of the ka-tet that eventually forms. I can't believe how well this is written AND how well it works. I am so happy I found this story, and kudos to you and everyone who helped to beta it and to Joe for the lovely dream sequence at the end. I loved your comments on Roland's progress and, though it was shocking how quickly Harry's rescue was (just a quick "Roland grabbed him, pulled him back, and ran on"), after all that building up to it, I found that I liked its simplicity. And I liked that Roland did not see Harry as a weakness or burden (he did not ruin his chances by fudging up ka), but rather as an homage, an apology, and a promise to grow and not to waste his journey. (What's the purpose of finding the Tower if he doesn't progress, after all?)

There are three crossover DT/HP stories on this site now (up from one when I checked a few years ago), and I am so. Freakin. Happy.

Thank you.

Also, I need to point out how lovely this passage is:

"There was something fundamentally wrong with this place. Harry didn't know if it was the isolation, the desert, or a combination of the two, but reality felt thin, almost insubstantial. As if a casual swing of his arm might catch a snag, and tear back some unseen veil."

Wowza. Was this a King line? I don't remember it from the books, but it is amazing.
JamieO1 chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Hi. I don't ever post reviews, but I just finished reading the Dark Tower series. I have to say I love where you were going with this. I often find myself wondering about Roland's path and where the different choices would take him. I just thought I'd let you know, I believe this is worth continuing.
Sulphur chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
This is probably the best crossover I've ever read. You capture the feeling of The Dark Tower perfectly, and the interaction between Harry and Roland is incredibly well done.
HJPotter01 chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
I was very impressed with this story. Having read Harry Potter and the Dark Tower (which I agree is King's crowning achievement) I was surprised how well the two stories could mesh with one another. I think you are really on to something here. I recognized immediately where we were when you first introduced Roland to us carrying the horn, but honestly I was still pretty concerned for Harry. Roland isn't really known for his compassion at that point in the story lol. I really hope you continue to work on this story I would be very interested to see how it turns out with a wizard in the Ka tet, especially none other then the boy who lived. Not to mention the fact that I think Harry owes the man in black. And perhaps when their journey is done and they reach the tower Roland would return with Harry to put a bullet between Voldemort's eyes, cause lets face it if Harry can survive this Voldemort dosnt stand a chance in hell...
Jonn Wolfe chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Wow. You captured the insanity of King and married it with the enigma of Rowling... quite well, I might add. Hope you think to do the rest, because I'll read it avidly.
StrengthAndHonour chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
When I began to read this, I had no idea what the Dark Tower was. I'm proud to say, you have enticed me into finding out more! Your writing style suits the story so well, and you framed their environment with Roland and Harry's emotions, this was wonderful! (especially Cho's tits!)
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Maybe even the monsters will have good endings this time 'round.
ASocks chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
My feedback would be... search for places you used "screamed" in this fic, and think to yourself, are they appropriate? My boyfriend and I had fun screaming the "he screamed" parts as we read this story together, and concluded that you might prefer "shouted". Also, when you're done with that, find "vilified" in your fic. Is that the word you meant to use there? I think "verified" might make more sense.

Anyway, sorry for being a jerk, thank you for the fic, I much enjoyed your insight into the Dark Tower universe.
GenJordan chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Facinating!
Namtan chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Absolutely stunning.

It reads just like a professional book, and a good one at that.

Definitely something I will reread in the future.
California chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
A frantic read to the last - the very last! - minute. I'm beating the clock now for a few more seconds before I have to run, but it must be said that this has been an amazing trip into a different twist on a world I fell in love with more years ago now than I care to remember.

Kudos, Voice. You may never go further with this then you have as it stands, but it was a special brand of magic you wrote, and I was more than happy to finish it, as I was more than happy to begin it.

Thanks for the read!
stellavance chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Read through in the space of an hour. At work. It's different and well written and crossed over with one of my fav King stories besides.

I hope to see more.
spenny chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Thanks for that, I really enjoyed it :)
RagnartheSemiGreen chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Just read this story for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. Great idea, and great execution. Thank you so much! You should continue it, if you are able.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »