Reviews for The Noose
hills chapter 1 . 3/5
i don't have words for my level of enjoyment - well done!
Terikel chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
I really liked this. Catches Ezio and Leonardo perfectly, love how you write their (b)romance. I also think you did a great job writing from Leonardos POV, how he is much more observant than most, and Ezio and his guilt seemed very realistic.
IT's also nice to know I'm not the only one feeling guilty when I get my recruits killed. :)
Vaoni chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I really loved this. I think you handled the subject quite tenderly and really gave the recruits a sense of importance. I must admit that I accidentally killed two (I attracted too many guards, like... a billion of them) and I haven't stopped feeling guilty about it. Poor recruits. Anyways, lovely story and a great read!
Roger Craig Smith chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Ah, there can not be any booty dance to this fic. It was too sad.

Nicely written though. Though I am confused. Leonardo seems to think Ezio will run when he finds out...When he finds out what? Are we not friends? Aren't we great manly man man friends? WHAT COULD MY BRO LEO BE HIDING.

But yes. I enjoyed this. Depressing and nicely done.

Now I must go do more narrating elsewhere.

(Hi Mokie I love you.)
LNMHYLIAN chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
That was really beautiful... I can't explain it properly!

I never lost a recruit. Not because they were the best recruits ever, but because I was afraid they would die. I only used them when I had to. Now, even though I kept them alive, I feel like they wouldn't appreciate it. Your character died for something she believed in. Mine sat on the sidelines and watched me fight by myself and drink medicine like no tomorrow. This was really beautiful. Again. Thanks :')
Novoux chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
What makes me wanna cry is that my Carlotta Caci died in the game, at the exact same part. Sad and coincidental. *sob* I felt bad though, 'cause she was a good ol' recruit.

Lovely story by the way, different, beautiful, and sad. Something that couldn't refuse to be read and not enjoyed thoroughly. Thank you for posting this!
Icequeen chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
You are an incredible writer. This was very, very well done. It was in-character, believable, and you almost managed to make me cry before I hit the middle of the story. Most 'fics can't do that, especially when I don't know the person who died.

Please... write more.
words without chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I love "that assassin had been an Ezio that Leonardo didn't know": the story really gives a sense of how much time has passed and how much everyone's changed. And "that is what old men tell themselves" is so lovely and bitter. You do a good job of characterizing both young!Ezio in his frightened naivety and this older, grimmer one. As you say in the fic, Ezio's been running around for 25 years with his dead family hanging over his head, and that resigned grief runs through out this.

Great job, I really enjoyed this.