Reviews for The Gambler and The Scientist
Colorblind City chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Wow, this was superb. You really delved into all the intricacies of the situation, even the part about blaming Sweets, lol. I loved it, i don't know what else to say :)
purple.bookworm.girl chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Tears. Gosh, yes. Tears. This is really good, a great insight into what Booth's gambling problem really would have meant for him, and for them, and...oh Sweets. Wow. (Can you tell I'm just reading down your story list :D )

I love how you get in Booth's head...you're very good at it!
penandra chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
A great little story and pretty much lays out the addiction of, and recovery from, gambling. You did a great job at showing the obsession and the insanity that precedes the first bet.

Although a 12-step recovery program has been hinted at in canon, there is never mention of attending meetings or a sponsor. So it seems like it might be easy for Booth to be swayed by Sweets' suggestions. Ultimately, we are all responsible for our own actions, but you've done a great job of showing the thought process we sometimes have to go through to get to the acceptance of that.

Once again, thank you for sharing.
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Oh I love this! A few lines struck me in particular:

He never gambled again because of her, or at least not for money. Sometimes he felt like every step he took around her was a bet, wagering whether or not he will reveal too much and scare her away for good.

Beautiful and true. One too hard push and she'd run.

and:

He should have remembered how, when he did lose, he always got the impulse to try once more, for just one hand, one more round. He should have noticed the trap he was forming for himself.

Ouch. Poor Booth. I had never thought of it that way. So then to quell it (IMO) he hooks up with Baghdad Barbie. Ick.

and finally:

In the end, the person he stopped gambling for the was the person who made him gamble again, and, unlike the last time he gambled right before he met her, he did not win.

So sad.

Well done! I liked it a lot!
Fellow Bones Fan chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I agree. Good job.
SouthunLady chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I'm sorry, but I just don't understand the ending of this story...am I missing something?
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 7/8/2011