Reviews for Methods
pluckedwings chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
With his good-natured demeanor and well-to-do dress, I often forget how old Maiza actually is. And then there are fics like these (and featuring gen!dialogue between two of my favorite characters to boot!) that remind me, hahaha.
ArianaJB chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
:D :D :D Sad but sweet in a way.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
That was great! :)
chibigurl305 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Hmm, it’s (my thoughts) difficult to put into words what I thought, but I'll try anyway.

Baccano, as we all know, is an anime that has no plot, beginning, end or even a main character to follow as we whiteness a stream of seemingly out of control, completely chaotic events that weave itself together people’s lives and destinies is a surprisingly orderly fashion. We can only choose a specific event or place in time and certain characters to see what a certain event happen, though the details are so deluded that when seen from another character’s eyes, we get an entirely new story (sort of).

You seem to understand the story well enough that you're trying to write out a… neglected theme.

You're going to a place no Baccano fan fiction writer has gone before- what does forever mean to our beloved, cursed, characters? Do these characters care enough about life- do they have enough will to desire to live? What lengths will they go to keep their enternal time here on Earth?

It’s complicated to write about something we don’t have a comprehension of- immortality- and its ever-complicated effects.

Kudos to you for stepping out the Bandwagon and doing something unique, but be careful! Themes like these sometimes get a little TOO complicated, y’know what I’m saying?

Oh, and sorry for sounding so logical at first. I just watched National Geographic, lol! But, the smartness just sort of faded away at the last part, huh XD

I know I completely ignored your story in general so far, so I’ll get to the point and stop making you pull out hair in frustration :P

I think it’s a complicated theme your going at- highly entertaining, but very complicated- but you managed to do so in a short, sweet way that doesn’t give too much away without leaving the reader in the dark. Your writing style seems very flexible, and you could easily weave in themes along with usual story telling. And I’d love to hear from you soon! (And yes, usually my reviews are paragraphs like this, haha!)

With love and care, chibigurl305

PS- I’m going to be an ass and say that I won’t add your story to my favorites until I kind of see where its going, y’know? I’m not trying to pressure you, I’m just an ass. Who writes stupidly long reviews and bores Fanfiction Authors of all fandoms.

Emil Lime chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Very interesting short. You've done very well with these prompts. I would have, if I were you, put these as one story with multiple chapters instead individual one-shots. Either way, I do like this one a lot (partly because Luck is my favorite character). Either way, I shall be reading some more of these and commenting on them (because every fanfiction deserves at least one comment, ja). I love your writing style btw. It's very short and simple. Not a lot of details but enough to give you the full picture. I can't stand when people give to much detail or to little and you do an excellent job balancing it. As stated, I shall read some more.

-Emil Lime