Reviews for Wood and Cardboard
tumblingintowells chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Oh my god - this was absolutely brilliant! Thank you! I definitely needed something like this to cheer me up
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Aww, that was funny at amusing.
Difficat chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
I was pretty skeptical that this could work, but what an adorable conceit! I love how the Doctor had the same amount of reality as Hobbes (Calvin's mom didn't see anything, sandwiches, etc.), implying the Doctor was Calvin's imaginary friend. Reading it made me feel like a kid.
Selador chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Thank you for combining two of my loves together in such a brilliant and beautiful manner.
Forever Day chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This was great. I liked how clever Calvin was and how he found a like minded friend in the Doctor. You also managed to get the Calvin/Hobbes banter down and the fact that the TARDIS landed in his mom's flowerbed was just so right and such a suitable ending it almost belies belief.
Thanks for taking the time to write such a fabulous, ever-so-slighty cracky story.
el Presidente chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This is too fantastic to describe! Keep ip the good work, man(Or woman)!
Infinitechange chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Very very nice!
Oracle Five chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I'd never thought you could mesh these two particular series before...and now I have no idea why I ever thought that, because you've done it BRILLIANTLY. It's an amazingly well done fic!
Lucy chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
This is absolutely brilliant. I loved it so much, this is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. Spectacular work.
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is too cute! I have to get out my Dad's Calvin and Hobbes books now. Maybe write some fanfiction when my other major project is done.

And, as usual, Calvin's mom misses the whole thing. lol
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
What an interesting premise! I would never have thought of putting the Doctor and Calvin and Hobbes together and yet somehow it worked! I would have loved a bit more of an explanation as to why Calvin's time machine actually worked (when we know from the comics that it's just his imagination), but I thoroughly enjoyed this anyhow;-) And very good writing of Hobbes in particular - he was very in character I thought.
aisarete chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Perfection! I love every bit of this. I could see this clearly as an episode... or a comic strip. It was just perfect.

My oooone little nitpick: I loved how you used the goggles to protect them from the vortex, but that lends to the question of Amy and Rory. The TARDIS was in the vortex too, and I don't recall a forcefield around her that would protect from the open vortex. So... yea, I don't know. Ignore me, it was perfect!
madis hartte chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
HiBob chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Cardboard Time Machines are Cool
PhoenixWormwood137 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Oh my goodness! That was amazing. I really, really enjoyed it. Well done! Your writing is quite good and I liked the way you described the TARDIS noise as a "strange otherworldly groaning sound" - and the speech the Doctor gave Calvin at the end. I liked the way you didn't really give an explanation for Calvin's genius and - I just really liked it all. I only favorite stories once in a blue moon but this was so good. Bravo! :) Thank you so much for sharing it!
58 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »