Reviews for The Siege of Shanxi
Commissar Critical chapter 45 . 3/5
Quite the story. I'm shocked, still, by it's quality. Bravo.
Commissar Critical chapter 43 . 3/5
God damn. Who did you talk to...or what did you experience. That was...spot on. Brings back a lot of stuff. Good job man.
Commissar Critical chapter 34 . 3/5
Ugh, politicians like Costa should be shot. I know plenty of politicians like that in American government, and they're all scum. Also, where are the drones? I find it hard to believe artillery units of the future don't have miniature spotting drones, considering the Russians are already using them to great effect in Ukraine.
Commissar Critical chapter 17 . 3/4
Your depiction of Esprit de Corps is near spot on, the idea that you might improve it is a welcome thought!
If you read this, I have been reading for a while and have never commented on ANY fan fic. You have written an amazing story that is real and believable. You have done one hell of a job and I salute you sir.
DarkLaplander chapter 45 . 2/17
Congrats for finishing this great piece of art for us to read and appreciate.
Nobody special chapter 45 . 2/15
I've been lurking, reading this story for nigh on four years now. It's always been a wonderful surprise whenever a new chapter appears, and I can't really thank you enough for writing it. I'm sad to see it done, but . . . it's as Xiliatus says in this chapter. I am content. Content with a good story, a story that pulls at my heartstrings and pushes on my buttons, making me sad and happy throughout the read. I could not ask for more.

So, yeah. Thank you for the wonderful read, and the reminder every now and then with new chapters that what seems to be dead may not be. I wish you well. :-)
Janizary chapter 45 . 2/15
Thanks for the time, and all the years, you've put into these works, Nightwing. It has been a enjoyable journey.

I came here off of an odd story link from the BW forums, and you, and those like you, that put their hearts and minds toward more travels and tales with those characters I had come to love, are the true heroes of this site. You've all kept me company with the Shepards, and Garruses, etc., etc., for a whole lot of years now. You do, so very much, have my thanks.

Hope to see more of your work, and wish you well in your endeavors in all things.

Janz
Ygrain33 chapter 45 . 2/15
Indeed a fitting closure and farewell. Thank you for the incredible amount of work that you put into this story, and I sure will check out anything ME that you might write.

Clear skies and fair winds.
Ygrain33 chapter 44 . 2/14
Ah, the family scenes... can't tell which one hurt more. Perhaps the Williams one, because Joaquim was a good man placed in a terrible situation. I have the strategic thinking of a stump, so I cannot tell if his mistakes were indeed so glaring as his mother made them, but the respect he had earned from friends and enemies alike, tell a story of worth that his own mother couldn't see.
Ygrain33 chapter 43 . 2/14
I loved the fight but its aftermath is even better. Coming to terms with the losses, the traumas... excellent work there.
Oh, and Jhirx was an excellent villain of the story. The kind one would much love to see ripped to tiny twitching bits.
Didd23 chapter 45 . 2/14
A good A/N like that deserves and equally good response. Unfortunately, I prefer short and sweet. That ending is one of the best I've read in any story. Take pride in that.
bluemarlin chapter 45 . 2/14
Excellent ending to this wonderful story. Thanks for writing it.
Ygrain33 chapter 42 . 2/14
Damn, that was intense, as if I was in that cave myself. Great job!
Also, Kastanie's way of greeting has made it into my favourite one-liners: Who are you and why are you blocking my shot, lol!
CunkToad chapter 45 . 2/14
It really is over now, isn't it?

Thanks for ur work mate.