Reviews for Momento Mori
New york Mike chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Im glad your back!This chapter mad me tear,it was very heart touching
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 2 . 7/20/2011
I liked the parallels between the first goodbye and the final one that has yet to come.
RascalKat chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Welcome back Novus! It's nice to have a writer of your caliber posting stories again, and though you don't really know me, I missed you. I hope that doesn't sound creepy :). You've taught me quite a lot as a writer, and I can't even begin to thank you for returning, even if it's only temporary. Anyway, I should probably tell you something about the chapter, right? First of all, it's excellent, as always! You did a fantastic job conveying Cyborg's emotion. To be honest, I actually started tearing up in the middle of it, and believe me, it takes a lot to make me cry. It's kind of astonishing that you could dredge up so much emotion in there in the first chapter. It usually takes me a lot longer to build up sympathy with the characters, and even though it's the first chapter, I can already feel Cyborg and Raven's pain. You're just that good at describing it, I guess! I also like the addition of Mark, I'm sure he'll make an excellent original character, just like every other character you have created! All in all, I can't wait to see what you've got next. I trust it will be just as great as every other story you've written!
FelynxTiger chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
It's incredible how you can make a person cry with words.

I adore your 1st POV, i guess the character gets a better develop in that way but true to be told im glad your back.

I did cry it was very sad the reaction Vic had, you can easy identify with that kind of loss. A very sweet moment between him and Raven, *sing* i can't really describe how much i enjoy this just do what you do best! and see you next chapter
The Cretin chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
, first let me apologize, I just now found this piece. Now with the review, as always your characterization is superb and your attention to detail spotless. The way you've structured the first chap alone makes me eager for more. Thank you for writing a Cy story. He deserves so much. Keep rockin
Hairul The Nightrage Beast chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Awesome and emotional fic from you NOS, and great that you're back here. Anyways this chapter has a bit of a Fist of The North Star vibe to it in terms of sadness and tragedy.
Twilighthippie1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Well, first thing. Welcome back! It's good to see you back. Me too actually. Second thing, just this chapter alone almost made me cry. It is beautiful, it is tragic, and the way you are describing everything, I love it. Absolutely love it. I hope you're still working on making your own original story. I think you could do it. You have the potential, the skills, the talent to do it. So you should! I'd wish you luck! I'm sorry for the personal things that inspired you to write this...hopefully writing this, and letting your own feelings out through this can make things better? I hope so. It always helps me.

Keep up the great work, okay? :)

And update soon!

Renting chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
"Remember to die, for Death comes quickly and respects no one."

Sir Alwick chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
As always your structure and attention to detail simply amazes me. Everything's so viceral and in depth. Things like Cyborg describing the feelings "settling like tar" in the pit of his stomache really help add to the overall tone and atmosphere of the story. It's all so sad I almost can't stand it.

Well done indeed.

-Sir Alwick
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
A very powerful opening chapter. A parable on the uncertainty of life and how we attempt to cope with that uncertainty.

I'm glad you're writing this, even if's only a short story
titanfan45 chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Welcome back! I believe that you did very well in describing the emotions that Cyborg would have felt in such a situation. The holes in the walls and his candid "I didn't take it so well." were right on target. I've been a Pall bearer where I've had to put emotion aside so I know what you were alluding to when Cyborg had to look death in the face and declare that he had no fear. Well done my friend and I'm glad to see you posting again.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2