Reviews for Shen Rising
FanOfHumphreyAndBalto chapter 13 . 1/7
This story is awesome.
As far as I know, this is the only story that actually tells everything in perfect details about Shen before the second movie happened. And you are doing a fantastic job. Everything you are coming up with in that head of yours, I can actually see it happening before the second movie. I think everything you came up with in this story is legitly perfect and makes sense when you go along with the story plots of the 1st and 2nd movies.
Again, your doing an amazing job.
But, there are some suggestions and corrections I have for you.
When having characters talking, make sure you always have their sentences in different paragraphs.
For example:
This is wrong:
"Lord Shen, what about the bridge?" The wolf boss questioned his master. "Nothing stands in my way." Lord Shen stated coldly.
This is Correct:
"Lord Shen, what about the bridge?" The wolf boss questioned his master.

"Nothing stands in my way." Lord Shen stated coldly.

Ok? Trust me. It makes reading it much easier and more professional.
Then as I just finished reading the 13 chapters...there are some grammar and spelling errors occasionally. Nothing to major, but just thought I should point it out.

Now, I am a big fan of wolf boss. Its kinda the only reason I came across this in the first place. So, you are doing a good job portraying him. But...in the chapter where Shen visits the crazy soothsayer, I recall her seeing the wolf boss killed by his own master. This is half true, and I stress this to everyone who makes this small mistake. The truth is, if you watch the second movie with the directors and producers talking about the movie, during the movie; the director says in quotes when wolf boss gets hit..."Yes, the wolf boss has his heroic moment here. But he didn't die. He just fell off the boat."
I know I know, I'm weird for proving this, but if you don't believe me watch the movie with the directors documentary and you'll see.

Now to finish this review off. By seeing your skills, I have a story request for you. That is if your taking any, don't have the time, or until this story is done.
But my request is:
As an alternative ending, make a story where Wolf boss survives shens blade and maybe even some of his wolf comrades. And just go where your head takes you from there.

Well, I think you've had enough of this review.
Keep up the good work and you can count on me reviewing the rest of this story. Because I'm definitely interested how the rest of this will go.
See ya in the next.
patient935 chapter 13 . 10/14/2014
Like stories that include the friendship/servant relationship between boss wolf and Shen. Hope to see some of that develop in the future.
Synchronized Harmony chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Okay, here I am! Just to clear it up, you didn't really steal my idea. People, read this story! It's amazing!
Fan chapter 9 . 8/8/2013
Shen's father was a basterd to speak to his own son like that how rude :(
Synchronized Harmony chapter 8 . 4/24/2013
This chapter was kinda creepy...
But that 'Shen defeating himself' thing was MY idea!
Ah well, I doubt you knew.

Anyway... Shen's own parents don't know him. Of course, I doubt anyone would know him, other than the Soothsayer.
The writing was good, you get a full, dark feeling while reading it, as if I can feel the poignancy coming from the pages. Well done.
TotallyElena chapter 7 . 4/25/2012
This is my first time reading your story and it is wonderful! There's next to no fanfics out there explaining in detail about Shen's exile so I find this to be very interesting, as is Shen himself. Excellent work! Can't wait to read more!
Serb chapter 6 . 9/4/2011
Yes, you're back! We need more of your Shen in exile stories.

Shen was deliciously evil in this one, and truly terrifying when threatening to burn Tigress alive. Poor Tigress, losing her family...

You are preparing a real twist for us readers? Wonder what that could be...
Serb chapter 5 . 8/14/2011
Watch out Chief Fengfu, Shen is going to take your army and make your daughter an orphan! I can certainly imagine Tigress as being the daughter of a leader, she certainly has the qualities of one is regal in her own way.

I'm glad you updated, you write some pretty kickass Shen fics that focus on his exile. I wonder if Shen ever thought of having descendants of his own?
Serb chapter 4 . 7/23/2011
I have to say my favourite bit is the last line. Shen truly has more of a kinship with the wolves than with his own kind. He befriended those whom everyone hated and shares the same mentality which they admire. Let's see another posh peacock willing to mix with the most notorious group in the kingdom...
Blackshadowbutterflys chapter 4 . 7/22/2011
I love the concept and how Shen is shown. I can't wait to see where the next chapter will lead.
Domenic chapter 4 . 7/22/2011
I must do better with reviewing/commenting (even just a little bit), since I've been following this fic and have been enjoying it.

It's nice to see someone tackle Shen's exile years with their own interpretation before I tried.

I like the grittiness of the whole thing so far-it doesn't seem gratuitous, it seems to fit well.

And I like how you're really exploring details of factory work, how Shen is assembling his weapons and his own continuing experiments to get to that point, and his interactions with Boss Wolf and the other wolves. And the attention paid to the detail of Shen's health struggles and precautions he has to take.

I love this line: "Truly, he might have been more wolf than peacock."

It fits my own ideas and your other story, "Extermination" (which I need to properly comment on too, but I liked it as well).

I love that you've made a connection to Tai Lung with this (and if it's like 10 years after Shen's exile, it can fit canon even better, since based on the-admittedly kinda problematic, IMO-timeline, Tai Lung would probably be old enough to be a threat to Shen 10 years after he's exiled, not immediately after). I just love both characters and given the world (and again the timeline), it's nice to see them cross paths even just a little bit, even indirectly.
Blackshadowbutterflys chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
Another great chapter, I look forward to see what you have in store for us readers
Serb chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
Tai Lung, badass as ever. Now get back to Shen! What has he been doing all this time?
Whiteling chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
Ooh! This is getting good I can tell! :)
Serb chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
Oooh Molotov cocktails - the homemade bomb. very effective, and I could imagine shen using something simple like that before moving onto cannonballs and gunpowder. Shen was quite a scientist and not many pay attention to that fact.

It's ironic that he resorted to being a pirate, that is, attacking ships and stealing their cargo. He must've been 10 years in exile by now if Tai Lung is still Shifu's protege (since Shen has been exiled for 30 years while Tai Lung for 20 years).