Reviews for Naming
Whyhow chapter 5 . 5/18/2015
Of course Mal understood. After all, he named his ship Serenity.
Marqueza chapter 5 . 11/9/2013
You made me cry with the ending there.
Kylia Skydancer chapter 5 . 10/11/2011
As always, beautiful and sensitive stories all. I always love the way you handle the characters.
venusmelody chapter 5 . 7/14/2011
Miranda.

Perfect. Name. And very nice epilogue to the movie, too. I'm glad Zoe got something from the planet that took so much from her.
Indigo1100 chapter 5 . 7/14/2011
A lovely end for a lovely set of moments. The first and the last. I like the moment, Zoe and remembering Wash, and the Mal 'didn't agree but understood', and that River ends it.

pringle.sam chapter 5 . 7/13/2011
I see what you did there! And I love it :]

I always feel so bad for Zoe, having to go on. I like your happier ending for her.
RionaEire chapter 5 . 7/13/2011
But you still didn't tell us Mal and Inara's boys names and you said there were seven little ones and only five chapters, one of which doesn't have a baby in it since River doesn't have one, though she loves the babies of the others and plays with them a lot.

Riona
RionaEire chapter 4 . 7/13/2011
I love babies! You never told us the names of Mal and Inara's boys, that are younger than Freedom and Rose.

Riona
venusmelody chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
Oh. My god. This is still old stuff? Either way, you outdo yourself every chapter. Short, sweet, amazing, and every line is beautifully crafted. EVERY LINE. But my favourites:

- River played with the babies, enjoying the simpleness of their minds. They were the only ones whose minds didn't hurt her, though she was careful to never admit that to anyone

Poor River. You've got her down without words

- because he was more delicate than her, even if she was more frail

- But with the babies there was nothing worse than the simpleness of want that and brief hurt and where is mama?

This line really got to me. Simple but very powerful.

- the baby she would have when she was a whole person again, sometime beyond the now and the past and the sometimes-then she lived in.

I don't even have anything more to say to this. It's just so River and so beautiful.
the sun in splendor chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
this isn't usually the kind of story i go for, but it's just so incredibly sweet. job well done!
Indigo1100 chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
Oh, wow. Rather of a different thing, but so lovely. River hearing like that, and you captured her voice so well, the knowing and all interspersed with things like "boob of a brother". And protecting Simon, and the difference between 'delicate' and 'frail', and why she likes babies, and the thoughts on her own problems, and that bit of future-sight and mystery, and the phrasing in "beyond the now and the past and the sometimes-then she lived in".

Lovely, like I said.

Indigo1100 chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
Oh, I've been wondering about Simon and Kaylee! I love the beginning scene, the kids playing in the hold like that. And I just love the overall image- this ship, a little enough thing against all of space and flying between worlds, and here on it is warmth and family and love and *life*. It's the kind of thing you can think about on gray days, and get a smile.

I like the way that third person narrator description goes into Kaylee's line, and then back- that works really well. Yeah, that sounds just like Simon, and, for that matter, just like Kaylee (though, as a note, I think you meant "and stared" not "at stared". And the name is lovely.

venusmelody chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
""Not for lack of trying," Kaylee commented wryly to Inara, as Freedom and Rose clamoured for a spot on her lap."

Lol, Kaylee *would* say something like that, wouldn't she?

I love Simon just pushing away the thought and it suddenly hitting him. It seems just like him.

Also, when I read the name for the first time I somehow misread it as Caspian and was wondering.
venusmelody chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
I like your portrayal of Mal/Inara just ~dancing around~ each other, as always. *Throws popcorn* And their arguments.

Mal's mother was called Rose? Fanon or canon, it's a nice name. And please tell me the crew gave Freedom a nickname. It's pretty heavy for a child :D
venusmelody chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
"Their teasing died down (slightly) when they saw Jayne waiting by the hatch on their fifth visit to the moon, a messily wrapped present stuck under his arm."

Can I just say, this one line made the chapter 100x more adorable than it already was?

Anyway, this entire subtle romance is lovely and sweet (and makes me miss Wash). Also, *of course* ha names his little girl after his gun.l