Reviews for 893
KyoudaiDoushi chapter 1 . 8/9
Good first chapter, if highly confusing in some places. If you ever decide to re-post this, I honestly believe you should put a dictionary list down at the bottom or something. Some of the words you used don't exist in my most commonly used translation sites. What site did you get them from?

Aside from that, only a few of things I feel could be improved. A) How you differentiate when they're suppose to be speaking in English and what is suppose to be Japanese translated for our understanding. I know you said you were going to be using italics, but I didn't see any in this chapter. B) How quickly Harry/Yusuke seems to have picked up Japanese. He was only with them for, what, all of two days before they left and he can speak that well already? And C) Real minor thing, really. You said he's 9. That would mean he's in like the 3rd or 4th grade, yes? Now, it's been a long time since I was in Primary, but I don't recall the drawing of rainbows being on ANY test or homework at that age.
Littwink chapter 5 . 8/6
Wow! Your HP world is extremely detailed! The intricacies of Japanese culture is lost to me, but you seem very well informed. I like how realistic you portray Harry and the ambivalence he has towards Wizarding Britain. Still reading, but just wanted to say how original this story is.
percabeth1643 chapter 1 . 8/5
I feel obliged to note that Japan in the native tongue is Nippon, not Nihon. Otherwise, excellent story!
Thunderbird2 chapter 30 . 8/2
Krum shouldn't even be there he is to old to be a champion
eva.slunska chapter 24 . 7/22
Hey Yanagi-wa,
I just wanted to thank you for your story. I really enjoy it. English is not my first language, not even a second one, but as far as I know, the grammar is good and the structure of your story has a sense. It brings a fresh air in HP fanfiction.
Arigato, Yanagi-wa-san! ;-).
vmage2 chapter 30 . 7/20
Maxim should be Maxime.
vmage2 chapter 15 . 7/19
Why did the twins say Ron was with Lav-Lav if he was found with Megan Jones?
amsev chapter 40 . 7/19
awesome story! thank you so very much for writing it!
Jamr chapter 6 . 7/8
if the info isn't in the story then you failed as a writer to get the point acrossed
Bast Misao chapter 31 . 7/3
Actually, JKR had the tournament in Harry's 4th year, not his 5th. Also Krum was one of the champions, so he should not be there as he would have already graduated.
Stone Elbow chapter 40 . 7/1
YESSS! Harry kills Voldemort by slicing him in half with a katana... vertically. Definitely one of the best endings for Voldie in fandom.

Huge thanks for actually finishing it; so many great fics are ruined by abandonment.

5/5 stars for creativity in this fic. Great work on making the Japanese parts understandable to a non-speaker. 5 stars for writing style, spelling and grammar (when you wrote English; I'm not qualified to judge Japanese). Humor is a bit lacking at times; some of the joke themes are a bit overused. All together, an excellent fic that is totally worth the read.
Bast Misao chapter 1 . 6/30
Gomen, tako doesn't mean thanks, you. It means sorry, octopus.
the starrose chapter 40 . 6/18
Thank you for a fun story. I have been going through a rough time these past few days. This story has really helped distract me. I am glad for the comfort offered to me by reading this story. Good luck for future endeavors!

the starrose
Shiaira73 chapter 40 . 6/16
AMAZINGLY FUN! Thanks for writing such a fun and entertaining fic.
Olov chapter 21 . 6/1
I have a feeling that I would not like you as a person but you are a good writer. I do find lack of reasonable questioning of Yakuza a bit disturbing however. I get that it's part of the story but somehow it makes the story feel "dirty" despite your disclaimers.

Any way, good writing.