Reviews for A Harry Situation
Samli chapter 5 . 1/4/2005
Hmm, well, I don't think Molly is short for anything. One of my friends is named Molly, and it's just plain Molly. Not Margaret, or anything. And did it say her middle name was Molly in the books? I know that's Mrs. Weasley's name, though. I don't know. If I were you, though, unless you are sure, I'd omit the middle names if they aren't from the books.

By the way, I like this story so far. You might want to get the first and second chapters started faster, or use a hook in the first chapter (when you use one sentence that 'hook's the reader into the story, and then you reel them in by building on the hook, supporting it. I'm taking a creative writing class and we learned all about that, is all).

I'll be here reading, although I'm terrible at reviewing on a regular basis (i.e. every chapter) so you might not be hearing from me much, unless I have a suggestion. Just keep in mind that there are those who love to be lurkers and who just read it and cannot tear their eyes away from it, so the author has no clue of their existence.

Can't wait to read on, but now it's bedtime.

Sam
Von chapter 25 . 12/27/2004
Ergh. Ginny. NOW I remember why I stopped reading.

I love your story.. I just can't stand Ginny. Sorry.
Von chapter 21 . 12/27/2004
I started getting alerts for your NEXT story, but when I started reading, I was confused! I could have sworn I'd finished THIS one.. but.. (Frowns) I must have missed quite a few chapters. So I'm reading it now. By the way, If you won't let Harry stay single, I'll take ANYONE over Ginny. Please. Hell, even the twins!
NouvelleVoix chapter 25 . 12/3/2004
Gr... I loved your story, but you just summarized it WAY too much! I mean, it was still ridiculously long, but at the same time it wasn't long enough!

*looks at above paragraph* That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Anyway, I'm going to bed (it's 11:00 over here), thanks for the great read!
Wren Truesong chapter 22 . 11/30/2004
"Good, oh, and -Mr-. Snape? Fifteen points from Slytherin for your cheek."

SMACK! Go, Minnie!

Madam Pomfrey knew there had to be a logical counter to this. However, Professor Sprout decided that this was a good idea and asked if she could hold Harry’s Herbology class in the Prowlery, too. "It’ll be easier on everybody if Potter can keep up," she said. The addition of the plants made studying for the Herbology O.W.L. a lot easier. The Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff Fifth-years had started congratulating Harry on his new O.W.L. strategy. Being sick and famous had its advantages.

*giggles* I really love the PROWLery.

"’Cept for Mr. Malfoy, o’course," Hagrid added. "He’s ter write four feet on how ter speak respectfully ter critters what c’n understand when they’re bein’ insulted." He shot Malfoy a glare. "Like Hippogriffs and perfessers and th’ like."

Hagrid 2, Draco zip!

Another few moments of silence. Then Angelina timidly put up her hand.

She looked around. No other hands were raised. Alicia and Katie were grinning at her. George was grinning at his twin. Fred was looking at the ceiling. Harry had apparently been swallowed by his bed because all there was to be seen was a Harry-sized lump under his blankets.

"No one else?" she said hesitantly. "I mean, you don’t think it’s a bit much for me to be Head Girl AND Quidditch Captain?"

Harry’s face reappeared. "You’re Head Girl?" he asked. "Cool. Congratulations, Captain."

This is SO Harry.

"You know what your problem is, Potter?" George asked.

"You mean, besides being undersized, underfed, moody, stubborn and highly attractive to homicidal maniacs?"

"Erm, actually, that about covers it," George said, scratching his head.

Still way too true! But hurrah for the gallows humour. Anything that counts as a survival mechanism, Harry's good at.

"She could probably do it, too," Harry said. "I can just see her talking the castle into twisting around so that you never find your way back here."

Oh look. Inspiration again. Haven't actually written -that- story yet, tho.

"Have you two been rowing?"

"No," Harry said. "We are going to settle this with calm, rational diplomacy."

"Should we take cover, then?" Seamus asked, eyes sparkling.

"Yes."

I love this bit -so much-.
Wren Truesong chapter 20 . 11/30/2004
Pansy stared. Granger was taking up a position as calmly as if she were giving a demonstration for a class. This, then, must be Gryffindor.

It wasn’t Slytherin though.

"Come on," she said to Millicent. To her horror, she saw that Millicent was emulating Granger’s stance. "Are you crazy?"

"No, just Slytherin," Millicent said. The tall, square-jawed girl glared down the corridor at the approaching chessmen.

"Slytherins aren’t into fights!" Pansy hissed.

"No, but I think four to two odds are rather -ambitious-, don’t you?" Millicent said. She jerked her head. "You’d better get going."

-Gawd-, I love your Millicent!

The glass horse wheeled around and charged. Hagrid picked it up and tucked it under his arm absent-mindedly. "We need ter get Madame Handwerker," he said. "She c’n handle this."

Only Hagrid. *shakes her head fondly*

She thought about how big and strong Hagrid was. Surely he wouldn’t let anything happen to his friends! She had to keep pushing away the thought that Hagrid hadn’t been able to help his friends, the Potters.

Yes, well, he wasn't -there-, was he? ...not that he'd have been able to do much against Tom's AK...

*grins madly as the Red Royals learn the consequences of trying to hurt Harry against his relatives' wishes* Lily and Tiberius strike back from the grave!

Seconds later, he was rammed from behind and Harry flew out of his hand.

"No!" he cried.

A girl with Weasley red hair appeared from somewhere to make a spectacular diving catch.

"Run!" she shrieked. She rolled to her feet and scampered out the door. A familiar, stocky blond boy and a pug-faced blonde girl raced after Ginny. The three were gone before Sirius could get his wits around him. Not wanting to meet any Aurors, Black Apparated away. When he could catch his breath, Sirius grinned to himself. If that was the Weasley girl, Harry had some explaining to do. He grinned wider. "-Sirius- explaining to do," he said aloud.

*giggles* Go it, Ginny! Even if you -did- just trample your godfather-in-law. He'll forgive you, he knows how Potters are about firey redheads.

In a darkened hospital room, Harry was huddled up in a heavily charmed bed listening to a different kind of a ghost story. Sprawled on the floor beside his bed was a huge, black dog, who also listened avidly to stories of James’ childhood.

"James would have liked you, Snuffles," Tiberius told the dog. "He loved animals. Why, he was always rescuing injured cats and birds and gnomes and anything else that crossed his path. I always knew he’d be a hero."

Harry reached down and scratched Snuffles’ ears. "I expect he thought you were a hero, too. Right, Snuffles?"

"Woof," Snuffles agreed.

Mm. Yes. Liked Snuffles quite a lot, he did, and would have thought the name was the funniest thing imaginable.
Wren Truesong chapter 19 . 11/30/2004
“Don’t look at me, I’m sick,” Harry said. “Cough,” he added to cement his position as The-Boy-Who-Was-Too-Sick-To-Run-To-The-Library.

Smart boy.

She placed her packages on the foot of Harry’s bed and sat down on the chair that Neville had apparently conjured up. The bedside table was covered with candy. “I hope you do well on your O.W.L.s, I’m going to need your help next year.” She looked up at the Tower of Textbooks that Hermione had borrowed from the library and decided not to say anything for fear of making it angry. The tower looked like it might want a virgin sacrifice or two in revenge for what had happened to Nicely.

Love this line!

Fred handed the package to Harry, who opened it with a slight bit of trepidation. It didn’t explode, although Harry wasn’t the only one who thought the gift would have been improved by having it go up in flames.

Judging by the grins on the twins’ faces, they were among the people who thought the thing was hideous.

“When we were buying dress robes for Ron and Ginny, we decided that we should get you something,” George said. “You’re almost a Weasley, even if your hair is an unfortunate shade of black.”

“We got these robes at a second hand shop,” Fred said dramatically. “Can you -believe- that somebody wanted to get -rid- of them?”

“I can’t believe anybody would sell these to a second hand store,” Harry agreed, mostly because he had a hard time believing that anybody would buy these robes in the first place. They were covered with peacocks, which wouldn’t have been quite so bad if the birds had been actual peacock colors. However, these birds appeared to be (in Muggle terms) radioactive mutants with electric blue and neon green feathers. In wizarding terms…

“Hagrid, when did you start raising peacocks?” Pansy demanded, shielding her eyes.

Hagrid laughed. “Don’ blame me!” he said. “Them birds is enough to scare a Manticore!”

“Pity you didn’t have these robes a few years ago, mate,” laughed Ron. “The basilisk wouldn’t have stood a chance against them!”

I think these robes are brilliant, personally, but I don't have to actually -see- them... it helps that I think of them as being scattered about, on a black background.
Wren Truesong chapter 18 . 11/30/2004
“Lupin,” growled Alastor Moody’s voice. “Nice dog you got there. What do you feed it? Dragons?”

Arthur was vaguely pleased to know that the dog made even Alastor Moody nervous.

“Actually, he prefers fried chicken,” Remus Lupin said calmly. “Hello, Professor Dumbledore, Professor Moody.”

*giggles* I really love this bit.

Hermione turned pink.

Ron thought that pink was a very good color on her.

“Ahem, anyway,” Hermione said, recovering her composure and her normal coloring. (Ron thought that her regular complexion looked very good on her, too.)

I love this running gag.
Wren Truesong chapter 17 . 11/30/2004
I really love Harry here. And, for that matter, Ron.

Finally, Ron blurted. “I’ve decided that I’m going to be a Mediwizard.”

“Cool.”

“But I need to get a lot of O.W.L.s,” Ron said.

“Bet you could get more O.W.L.s than Percy,” Harry said with complete certainty.

“I really need an O.W.L. in Potions.”

“Get one.”

Doesn't even blink, that wonderful boy.

“Firenze is in bad with the others ‘cos he’s Firenze,” Hagrid said solemnly.

Gods above, isn't that the truth!

“Give it up, Hagrid,” Ron advised gloomily. “Harry can blame himself for Monday mornings, rainy weekends and… ?” He looked at Harry.

Harry obliged him. “The entire month of February,” he supplied with a faint smile. He shivered again.

*smiles sadly*

“Hello, Ron,” Ginny said dryly. “Remember me?”

“Do I know you?” Ron teased.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “How could you forget! We were introduced at the Ministry Yule Ball -just- last year!”

“How very awkward,” Ron said, giving his sister a hug. “I must learn to hold my liquor better.”

I love those two so much.

I wanna knitten kitten! ...I wonder if I could eventually learn how to make one...?
Wren Truesong chapter 16 . 11/30/2004
Speaking of glorious and red, the third member of the party, Hermione’s friend, had hair that put the setting sun to shame. She also had large brown eyes, delicate features and a winsome smile. Viktor could understand why his brother was interested. The girl was very pretty for somebody who wasn’t Hermione.

...while I can't fault his taste in women... oi, Viktor! *sigh*

He had known that he was going to miss his wife and daughter. He missed Hermione every school year. However, he hadn’t expected that his separation from his wife would sit in his stomach like a lump of congealed grease and turn the whole world into a beige, dismal, and -boring- place.

I love how much Rupert loves his family...

He slowly hung up the phone and shook his head. There wasn’t anything he could do to help the boy. It would be better if he stayed out of this. An image of his daughter’s tear-streaked face came to mind. No, he -couldn’t- stay out of it, but what could he -do-? He didn’t even have his car at hand so he could go charging to the rescue.

He had no clue how the Wizarding world dealt with child abuse. He knew all sorts of things the Muggle legal system could do, but the Muggle system would be too slow to help Harry. What he needed was advice! “Send me a sign, damn it!” and slammed his fist down… on Hermione’s folder of maps and timetables and detailed instructions on how to get to 4 Privet Drive without magic or a driver’s license.

Mercy, Kuan Yin -is- obliging, isn't She.

Harry squinted at him. “Is this the kind of things fathers have to put up with?”

“All the time,” Rupert said. “Now, answer the question. And why don’t you hop on the bed so I can get a look at you?”

“The stupid thing will probably collapse,” Harry explained. “That’s why I’ve been sleeping on the floor.”

Rupert stared for a few minutes. Then he entertained a brief fantasy about the Dursleys that involved dental drills, forceps and no anesthetic.

What -is- it about the Dursleys that causes every decent person they meet to contemplate violent torture? Wait, I know quite well, never mind...

Rupert swallowed hard and managed to speak. “I’m Rupert Granger. And you are?”

“Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of the Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, at yer service. Yeh must be Hermione’s dad. Great lass, Hermione. She’ll be a great witch, too. Yeh must be awfu’ proud o’ her.” Underneath the wild tangle of hair, beetle black eyes regarded Rupert with friendliness.

Fear evaporated. So this is the Hagrid that Hermione was always enthusing over. Obviously, he was a man of great intelligence and discernment.

Well of course he is, if he thinks well of your darling daughter.

“Just stay in your room, Dudley, nobody wants to hurt you,” Harry yelled.

Speak for yourself, luv.

“He’s got you on that one,” Millicent Bulstrode said. “We’re the horrible snake-girls is what we are.” The tall, square-jawed girl smoothed down her white robes and flicked a bit of dust off the badge that was sewn onto the front.

“And I am an arrogant lion-boy,” Neville put in.

I really, really love their interaction here. It's kind of sad, tho, to find out that Pansy's an actual -person-... and -chooses- to act plastic.

“Harry?”

Oh, right, that was who he was. Famous Harry Potter. He wondered if he could manage to forget again.

*cries*

“Oh, I’m sorry,” the ghost said. He made a short bow to Harry. “I’m forgetting my manners. My name is Tiberius Potter. Your father was my son.”

What a closing! .
Wren Truesong chapter 15 . 11/30/2004
Hermione sighed. “I don’t crave to be in trouble, I just can’t seem to avoid it.” She heaved an especially dramatic sigh. “And I used to be so rule-abiding before I got mixed up with certain boys who shall remain nameless but whose initials are Harry Potter and Ron Weasley.”

That particular phrase - 'who shall remain nameless, etc' - has since crept into my regular conversation, and is now a meme among everyone I know.

Pixie took advantage of the mother-daughter moment to escape.

Arthur took advantage of the mother-daughter moment to provoke Charlie’s napkin into attacking.

I love Weasley family affection.

“And you just -happened- to have reservations to go to the -same- place Hermione and her parents are going, on the -same- day and the -same- time?” Ron asked with a raised eyebrow.

“-Amazing- how life works sometimes, isn’t it?” Charlie replied.

Ron eyed Charlie severely for a few minutes before saying: “So, how does Bill like Little Whinging, Surrey?”

Charlie laughed. “Dumbledore has somebody else watching Harry.”

Ron has a lovely suspicious mind.

“Don’t you think your old godfather is handsome?” Sirius teased.

“Well, you do look better than you did the first time I met you,” Harry equivocated.

Nice save.

Sirius laughed. “A three day old corpse looks better than I did when we first met,” he said. “You’ll have to do better than -that- if you want to flatter me into helping you.”

“You looked better than Snape did,” Harry said, opening Nicely.

“I said you wanted to flatter me, not damn me with faint praise,” Sirius said haughtily.

Harry looked at him evenly, then his eyebrow quirked. “Well, I’ve been told that -some- women -swoon- over really handsome men. I know for a -fact- that -lots- of people faint dead away when they see you!”

Brilliant! Brilliant! Sod -James- being proud, -Lily- will love that one

“FIGG! Your DAMN cats have EATEN my GODSON!”

I LOVE THIS LINE!

And I will always adore Harry-as-an-Abyssinian. *purrs*

Mrs. Figg broke the silence by suddenly clearing her throat. “I… I’ve got to get to that laundry,” she muttered in a croaky voice. “It… it will catch cold if I don’t get it dried out.” She left hurriedly.

*sniffles* I'm with Arabella...

Sirius had an expression on his face that Harry couldn’t make head nor tails of. Wistful? Proud? How could somebody be both at the same time?

Easily, pet, when it comes to you. *hugs Harry*

“Charlie’s going with us.”

That wasn’t reassuring; Charlie was as crazy as Hagrid. At least when it came to dangerous creatures.

“He ‘just happened’ to have reservations to go to Bulgaria at the same time we do.

(I knew Charlie was a nutter.)

Hermione says she suspects Dumbledore might have something to do with it. I could have guessed that for myself. He’s such a dear.”

(Talk about being nutters. Why can’t Dumbledore send somebody -sane- with them?) Harry closed his eyes and went through the list of sane, adult wizards that he knew. Somehow mentioning Sirius and sane in one breath didn’t seem appropriate. Mr. Weasley was mostly sane, except for his fascination with Muggles. Bill went around sticking his nose into cursed tombs. Percy had a tendency to obsess over details, like cauldron bottoms and curfews. The twins were neither adults nor sane. Remus Lupin was sane… no, wait, he liked to hang around Sirius. Scratch him off, too. Of course, there was always Dumbledore himself… the man who hired werewolves and Death Eaters. Having eliminated all the adult wizards he knew well, Harry went back to his letter.

*snickers* Yes, pet, they're all barking.

He folded up the tablecloth, set it aside and reached in again. Maybe he’d find something really thrilling in there… like -napkins-! He laughed when the next bundle turned out to be matching napkins. Well, even if he didn’t find any hidden treasure from his mother, at least he’d been able to share a laugh with her.

That's the spirit, Harry love. And I have a feeling that somehow your thoughts are -really- echoing your mother's right now.

The pillowcase suddenly fluffed out into a full sized pillow, causing Harry to leap backwards like a startled cat and fluff out himself. Harry sneezed. His sense of smell was suddenly working overtime. The pillow smelled of Christmas trees and something else, some pleasant combination of spice and musk that brought up a ghost of a memory.

(Strong arms held him and a pleasant tenor was singing about Snitches hanging from the Christmas tree and broomsticks flying ‘round the room.)

*sniffles* I love this memory... ;_;

Harry snuck down a flight of stairs and into the bathroom. His reflection in the mirror was dusty and sweat streaked and his hair was a total disaster. He held up the cloak and saw he was right. The silk lining was -exactly- the same shade of green as his eyes. Like he needed confirmation that this was his mother’s cloak.

That's -lovely-...

Harry rocked back on his heels and tried to remember what Professor Sinistra’s given name was. Nothing came to mind, so he made a mental note to ask Hermione in his next letter to her. She probably knew the names, life history and genealogy of all the professors, with the possible exception of Snape (who was obviously created in a mad scientist’s lab out of spare parts and axel grease instead of being born to actual human parents.) He wondered if he could get the story behind this from Sirius, or maybe it would be better to try to worm it out of Professor Lupin.

The sad thing is, the mad scientist would likely have been a better parent...

Harry sighed and lowered the spyglass. “Looks like Aunt Petunia is back to normal,” he said to the spyglass. “Too bad, I was -almost- convinced that she was a human being under all that prejudice and favoritism.”

*sighs* Alas. Lovely line, tho..
Wren Truesong chapter 14 . 11/30/2004
Dumbledore smiled at them. “My friend Hypatia once asked me an interesting riddle, ‘Where do Lions come from?’ Do you know?”

Rupert studied him with his head cocked. “My first instinct is to say ‘Africa,’ but somehow I don’t think that’s what you’re getting at.”

Emma blinked. “I think this is leading up to a compliment, Rupert,” she said.

“It is,” Dumbledore said. “Lions come from other lions, of course. It’s obvious how your daughter came by her Gryffindor courage.”

Why yes it is. I do so love the Grangers!

“Ephemerals are magical creatures that only live for a few hours, or a few days,” Hermione explained. “Ginny Weasley was telling me about Wizarding dust bunnies in her last letter. She thought that I might be interested in them.”

“They’re actually bunnies?” Rupert asked, with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

“Yes, and you can’t have any,” Hermione said firmly.

“You’re no fun anymore,” Rupert sulked.

“Thank you,” Hermione said.

*giggles* Especially her dad. But I love her mum just as much...
Wren Truesong chapter 12 . 11/30/2004
There were less traditional poses as well.

“That’s me before I entered Hogwarts,” Hermione said, pointing to a color picture of a large book.

By squinting, Dumbledore could make out the top of Hermione’s head over the book.

“This is me at Hogwarts,” Hermione said, pointing to a black and white picture of even larger book. The top of Hermione’s head wasn’t visible, but every now and then her hand would appear and flip the page.

*giggles* I really love that one. Actually, I really love -all- Hermione's pictures-especially the 'under the invisibility cloak' one

“We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separate,” Hermione said darkly.

“Indeed,” Dumbledore was not surprised that Hermione could quote from American history. “Mr. Benjamin Franklin had a way with words, didn’t he?”

Hermione nodded.

Ohh yes he did. It's always rather annoyed me that Dumbledore's given age is too young to have him meet the dear ol' reprobate...unless I make him a wizard, too...

“I don’t think their deaths were mentioned in mythology,” Dumbledore said. “I’m afraid it’s much too boring to talk about somebody living to a ripe old age and dying peacefully in his sleep.”

Hermione smiled. “So it is possible, then,” she said wistfully.

“Anything is possible,” Dumbledore said. “It’s up to us to determine which possibility becomes reality.”

And here we find the sidewise planting of yet -another- seed to yet -another- story of mine, also on ffnet. Hermione has a dream about a hero's burial, and determines to make it impossible...
Wren Truesong chapter 11 . 11/30/2004
She also made a vow to herself. She would always love Harry. It didn’t matter how he felt about her. He needed somebody to love him. And if he only saw her as a little sister, so be it. She’d be a loving little sister to him. She took a deep breath. She would even love his wife, whoever she was. She pulled herself up to her full height and looked herself in the eye in the mirror. Could she do it? Could she love the person Harry married?

“If she makes Harry happy, then, yes, I can love her,” Ginny said.

“Beautiful,” her mirror said. “You are the fairest in the land.”

*applauds* Amen. I worship and adore your Gin.

“No,” Ginny muttered sourly. “I just have to compete with the Ravenclaw Seeker.” She bit her lip. After all, it had been less than five minutes ago that she’d been swearing eternal devotion to the love of Harry’s life. No, wait, she swore eternal devotion to his -wife-. So, until Harry got married, she was free to be as jealous and petty as she wanted. She sighed with relief.

*giggles* Go, Gin. Work that moral loophole! It does no real harm and makes you feel better.
Wren Truesong chapter 10 . 11/30/2004
Sirius chuckled. “Sorry,” he said, although his tone wasn’t at all sorry. He handed Harry a handkerchief. “James hated getting knocked down and slobbered on, too.” He briefly debated telling Harry what Lily’s reaction had been, but decided against it. The boy was Marauder enough to actually try it. Unlike Lily, however, Harry might not have enough skill (yet) to undo it. One never really appreciates the tongue’s role in eating until it’s been removed from one’s mouth.

*genuflects before a shrine to Lily*

“So, where is that Firebolt – that incredibly expensive, state-of-the-art Firebolt that some doting, munificent godfather bought you – going?”

“Your affectionate and appreciative godson, having decided it was a crime to leave said incredibly expensive, state-of-the-art Firebolt in the closet all summer, is lending it to Ron Weasley,” Harry said.

I adore this exchange.

Harry frowned. “But she can’t make up her mind whether to be nice or mean!”

Sirius ruffled his hair. “Don’t take her personally; she talks to everybody like that. You should hear her talk to Dumbledore.”

Harry gave Sirius a sideways look. “I’d rather hear her talk to Snape.”

Sirius grinned. “That’s an event worth selling tickets to.”

*begs to see this on bended knee*

Harry shook his head. “No, not about that.” He paused. “Does it ever get better?” he added plaintively, ignoring the fact that he’d just said he didn’t want to talk about it.

Sirius put his arm around him and Harry rested his head on his godfather’s shoulder. Part of him was mortified to be so needy, but he was tired of being stoic.

It nearly broke Sirius’ heart to hear his godson talk like that. He remembered back to Lily’s pregnancy, he had a list of conversations that he planned to have with the baby. Dealing with the murder of a friend hadn’t been on it. He wished he had something reassuring to say. Unfortunately, he was stuck with the truth.

*whimper*

“I understand,” Sirius said. He thought about James and Lily. “Muggles have a term for this… I wish I could remember what it is.”

Survivor's guilt. *sigh*

“There isn’t anything wrong with realizing that somebody loves you,” Sirius said. “Or even acknowledging it.” Harry still didn’t answer. “I love you; you do know that, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” Harry said. “I’d be pretty thick not to. I mean, you swam the North Sea and ate rats and…” ‘And risked his life and immortal soul,’ Harry added to himself. “It’s just that, well, it seems so weird.” He went back to staring at the ceiling, so he missed the emotions passing across Sirius’ face – pain, followed by sorrow, followed by fury.

Sirius was silent for a few minutes as he fought down the urge to go to the Dursleys and transfigure the adults into Flobberworms. How dare they instill this sense of unworthiness in Harry?

I really, really, really love the flangst here. And how Sirius is the perfect vehicle of the audience' protectiveness towards Harry-as it expresses itself in anti-Dursley -violence-. *feral grin*

“Sirius, if your hints got any broader, they wouldn’t fit in the room,” Harry said.

I love the way Harry puts things!

“Okay, open Hagrid’s next,” Sirius said. “I confess, I’m rather curious as to what he got you. He only said that it was useful and ‘interestin’.’”

Harry eyed the package warily. “It didn’t try to bite you or anything, did it?” he asked.

“Harry, do you think I’d give my beloved godson something I thought was dangerous?”

“Yes.”

'nuff said.

“Guess Dumbledore thought you’d need it next year,” Sirius said happily. He tapped the map with his wand. “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

“Mr. Wormtail wonders if there is ever a time when Mr. Padfoot is NOT up to no good?”

“Mr. Moony would like to point out that there are times when Mr. Padfoot is asleep or unconscious.”

“Gee, thanks, mates,” Sirius said.

Harry grinned. “They certainly know you very well, Mr. Padfoot.”

“Shut it, Mr. Prongs, Jr.”

“Mr. Padfoot, Mr. Prongs would like to point out that it is nearly one AM and Prongs, Jr. should have been in bed hours ago.”

Sirius snorted. “Even then he was being corrupted by Lily.”

The Map makes me laugh and cry all at once...

“D’you think my Mum and Dad would have liked me?”

Oh, God. *cries*

“Harry, it’s after one o’clock.”

“Please?” Harry made puppy eyes at his godfather.

Sirius found that while he had a great many abilities, saying no to Harry wasn’t one of them.

*misty smile* *spanks herself soundly and puts herself to bed, as your story should still be here when the sun comes up*
656 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »