Reviews for The Lepidopterist
Calyptra chapter 1 . 1/19
That was an amazing idea, well written, too!
a lovely one-shot, although I would like to know what she is. why she doesn't die.
this story has potential for a sequel. I would surely read it if you ever write it.
This "deathless" characteristic sure does suit Bella really well. And her being the one to break the major makes sense! good job!
Siriusly Sirius Black chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
i'll admit, usually i'm not a HUGE fan of these kind of dark fics, but this was wonderful. it was surprisingly beautiful and poignant while not being horrifying - though dark, the horror in it wasn't for shock factor, and i think that's why the dark content of it works. i love the jasper/bella dynamic in this, the analogies...gorgeous.
sallydeathhands chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Yes, that was dark…but dark, grim things are what I love to read the most. I think it might stem from the fact that my father allowed me to read his Stephen King books when I was nine. Ever since then, the grimmer and gorier, the more I love them. So this was a wonderfully written fic. The concept was brillant and I hope to see more in the future.
zaliyak chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
More chapters pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Lourdes08 chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
It was beautiful, I loved it.
SoporificCapsule chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Your talent astounds me greatly.
I LOVE this story and is definately in my top ten stories EVER, (published or Fanfic).
The story has me speechless, and I don't even know how to compliment you enough about it.
So I'd like to say: the fact that; the reviews aren't in the 5-digit area like they should be, makes me cry. (not literally)
I'd like to also add that I have a crush on your brain, hope that doesn't offend you.
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Such a good idea! Brilliant! didn't want it to end :(
Who's Carly? is that Charlotte?
Written amazingly, twisted and absolutely wonderful. Love how you tie it into the books.
LJ515 chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Sweet baby Jesus. This. Is. Gorgeous. I'm not quite sure what it says about me that this takes my love of Jasper to a whole new level. I love your spin on his views on his "redemption." I find this take to be more honest actually and for some reason, the fact that he longs to be a monster yet he can't endears him to me ever more. Huh. Eh, it is what it is right? So I know that this is a one shot and all, but it doesn't HAVE to be... does it? I'm just saying that if you were perhaps to spin another yarn about them meeting again some years down the line or what happens after she has James kill her, I would read that like nobodies business. I know it's a long shot, but a girl's gotta try doesn't she? Thanks for sharing this masterpieces, it's in the favorites and I'll be reading it often I'm sure. After reading a fic where Jasper is so terribly sunny or sweet, I'll come back to this for some equilibrium.
jaspersdarkstar chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
I absolutely loved it from beginning to end. Your writing is brilliant, and I adore the exploration of Jasper’s dark past. There aren't enough stories that delve into how truly monstrous he was before Alice and the Cullen lifestyle sort of, er, neutered him. It seems mostly authors just allude to his having been a monster and then move on. This story had teeth, and I loved it. Truly.

And, um, I've read through the other reviews for this story, and aside from the fact that I’m surprised that there aren't more – because this story, though only a o/s, is amazing – I too was curious about your title choice. And at first I thought it simply implied that Jasper, being a vampire and therefore a natural hunter of humans, used his observations of them in order to choose his prey. But then it struck me that moths and butterflies are unique in the insect kingdom because they go through metamorphosis. And Bella goes through a rebirth every time she dies. And her effect on Jasper was that she changed him forever through her death at his hands, and then subsequent rebirth. She was reborn, and he was changed from what he was before her, and into the vampire that we all came to know during the Twilight books. In other words, he was the caterpillar who changed into a butterfly – though not the beautiful, delicate variety that we see flitting around flowers in spring-time, lol, but still irrevocably changed. Anyway, I’d love to know your own thoughts on the title you chose… and, um, sorry for the ramble.

Also, if you find it within yourself to write another Jasper/whoever or whatever story I’ll do snoopy dances : )
FadingGrin chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Once again, lovely, absolutely lovely. You have a gripping way of describing things. Keep it up with the un-put-downable fics, please.:)
January chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
;)
Loretta chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
I have to acknowledge that it may be a sign of a twisted mind that immediately after reading the story I thought 'pretty'. And that I still think it's pretty.
mjkcsk chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
LOVE IT!
JustAnotherScribbler chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I love how you write these stories. There so captivating, you get pulled into the persons mind set. I wish we could know a little bit more about Bella's back story though, it would be nice to know what god hated/loved/cursed her...:P
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
They belong together...two undying monsters...no hope and no way out.