Reviews for I Hear Those Voices That Will Not Be Drowned : The Cold Song Series
BloodyRose90 chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
The amount of detail in your descriptions is mind-blowing to put if mildly. The way you write your characters thoughts is attentive and intriguing to follow. The content of your story is thoroughly enjoyable and utterly fascinating. All-in-all, an extremely good read.
Dark knightress chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
My goodness. I started reading this at 2something am it is now 526am and I don't regret a single moment. This was unbelievably awesome. The descriptions the characters the plot the music the other stuff I can't describe. There's a kink club in my school, and 10x as much about bdsm (lingo and such) then I did with them.

Your writing style reminds me of stephen king. This was a journey, and I'm glad I went on it. You are a truly gifted writer.

Now, I must reread the story, but with a dictionary this time so that I can pick up on everything I missed.

So beautiful. You are awesome.
Shtoni chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
Having lavished praises on you previously, I did want to add a simple note to my preceeding review.

The diagnosing of Sherlock as not a sociopath, but autistic is an interesting step in the story.

I would, however, argue your definitions and analysis of Socio- and Psychopathology. Sociopaths and Psychopaths have many overlapping psychological symptoms and the inherit vs learned aspect is mostly correct, though crossover has been noted and debated as to the inclusion of these facts in diagnosing criteria. However, Sociopaths are actually known for lower occurrences of "charm" though manipulation is a common factor. Manipulation, however, takes many forms. The largest indentifier of sociopathology (and of psychopaths) comes in the psychological inability to feel and react to "normal" human emotion. In your story, a diagnoses could be Asberger's easily, but most psychologists would add on the criteria of "sociopathic tendencies."

I apologize for the rant, as it is minor details in a much bigger scheme, but it is my minor Psychology Major OCD which compells me to impart this knowledge.

I wish the best in your further writing exploits, and look forward to reading more of your work.

All the best,

Shtoni
Shtoni chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I do not know the extent of your writing experience, nor the number of fanfictions you have written to this point, but I feel the need to impart my praise to you. I have not been this impressed, nor enjoyed anything written to an online audience in many months.

I have not read a fanfiction in 9 months, 2 weeks, 3 days. (yes, I do remember the last time I read a fanfic.) I stopped reading fanfiction because, despite the plethora of interesting ideas and conceptual storylines, I felt gyped in reading them as the writing was in all ways inadequate to the story. I found "Mature" fanfictions to almost be even worse than the general lot.

After watching Sherlock with a friend of mine this afternoon, she mentioned this fanfiction and I reluctantly read it. By your second paragraph, I was hooked.

You are one of the most skilled storytellers I have read in a long while, and I was exceedingly pleased with your ability to make a unique fanfiction that didn't lose any part of the story or characters. I was truly impressed by this fanfiction, and feel that you are too good for just the internet to see. It was simply fantastic to have been able to enjoy such brilliant writing. You have honestly made my day.

I sincerely thank you for not following the tedious stereotype of "bad writing, mediocre story" that has sadly become the norm of this genre.

I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future, and wish you many good ideas for future fictions.
Kris chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
I found this story intriguing, though I'm not sure about Asperger's, I agree that it's more likely than sociopathy.
Lusalma chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
love it, more please
MurasakiYasu chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Wow your writing of the drugs is intense. You capture him very well. -Yasu
GotCinnamonPunkC13 chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
That was fantastic and beautiful. It really was. Ive never hated Mycroft before though xD Interesting.

I love your vocabulary, and your writing style. Again, fantastic.

:) Really, thank you.
stormseaker chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
Both very hot and very interesting. The threads of ideas in this story are really well woven.
emma de los nardos chapter 3 . 1/1/2012
I will go ahead and write a review here even though I haven't read it yet, just because I see that you quoted Billy Budd again, and in preparation for this spring's interpretation of the opera at the Met here in NYC, I recently finished Melville's original book. Very frightening example of what can happen to a bright, sensitive person who doesn't know what kind of envy he can strike in others (reminds me of what a certain consulting detective may have been like as a child).

Anyhoo, so glad to see you're still writing.

All the best,

Emma
Sarah chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
That was damn good
AislinCeivun chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
AWESOME. Absolutely impressed. Can't write you a coherent review.

More, please.
springyfly chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
ok i love you just because you used the correct sociopath info thank you so much lol that is one of my pet peeves in the series lol. on another note to be truthful bdsm kind of freaks me out but im still curious about it, but im not judgmental or anything, im just getting info on it you could say and i am one of those people who wants everybody to be happy and safe who cares how they do it, ya im weird but oh well, thanks for the story lol
jomk chapter 2 . 12/15/2011
Amazing, amazing fiction. So beautifully layered, so in character and yet so dark, but I could see them, hear them. I came rushing back to this site to find more of this world, more of your Sherlock, but alas, there is only this one. I will reread it many, many times, and dearly hope you find yourself wanting to write more. Thank you for my incredible rush of reading this intensely beautiful work!
enchanted nightingale chapter 2 . 12/11/2011