Reviews for Measure in Love
perchance to wake chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
That was utterly beautiful. I loved it. Very sweet.

~K
iwas13andiwantthisgone chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
This was so perfect and such a beautiful insight as to what was really going on. I loved reading it.
redrosegal chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That made me tear up a bit! I can't wait to read more of your stories, and I'ma go do so soon. :D *hearts*
Emily chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
MY HEAAAAAAAAAAART! OH MY GOOOSH, THE SMILE ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW. THIS IS SO DARN BEAUTIFUL! The way you write never ceases to blow me away; this is absolutely flawless and I feel like I just exploded from the amount of adorable. IT'S JUST SO CUUUUUTE, GAH! :'D

Firstly, the whole format is rather genius, the way you mixed up all of the difficulties of Kurt's year with Blaine's words... because that sums it up, really, doesn't it? The fact that it WOULD have been the worst year of his life, had it not been for Blaine.

I *love* the way you write Kurt, seriously, it's uncannily accurate - the opening paragraph is all kinds of brilliant, especially love the "because if Kurt Hummel were to ever get sunburnt, he's pretty sure he would just die of embarrassment" - so darn adorable and accurate! And I also adore "This is going to be the best year of Kurt Hummel's life" because it makes me think of those scenarios that people come up with (I imagine you've come across them) wherein season 2 Kurt talks to season 1 Kurt and reassures him that the year ahead will be his best, because he has Blaine despite the difficulties he's going to go through... hee, it's just a beautiful idea and your little lovely opening reminded me of that :'D

In each of the episodes of Kurt's life, you capture his thoughts and personality so perfectly, it's amazing! I don't know if this is even intentional, but it's very very clever, the way that each Blaine quote sort of corresponds to Kurt's experience below it! Like, in the first one, the fact that "My name's Blaine." is paired with Kurt talking about courage and "saying what you have to say to my face" - Blaine is obviously typically associated with the word "courage" because of his text to Kurt, and also the way he is extremely courageous himself, the way he protects Kurt, offers to dance with Kurt at prom, and completely lays all his emotions on the line for Kurt in 'Original Songs'... it's all just wonderfully full-circle and relevant and beautiful :'D

Heeee, I adore how you wrote his second experience too - on a random note I love that you referred to Britney as "Britney Freakin' Spears", hehehe, made me giggle considering the AVPS relevance! "He's thankful that his outfit is particularly fabulous today - it makes his exit all the more dramatic as he stomps out of the room." - I LOVE THIS, hehh, it's just fantastic, somehow touching and brilliantly comedic at the same time, and, again, the accuracy to Kurt's characters is fabulous! :D

OH MY GOSH, the episode with Kurt waiting for his dad to wake up is STUNNING and so heartbreaking, I just want to quote the whole thing to highlight which bits were especially perfect, but that would be... all of it. I just love it. And how it's paired with Blaine's "I really, really care about you." because that's what Kurt really needs at that point... GUHH MY HEART!

And the bit after that... oh my gosh, I just re-read that several times and flailed wildly; the parallels between "It's days like these when he feels like he's going to be alone forever" and then "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you forever." at the top of that paragraph... SO MUCH PERFECT! WHY YOU SO PERFECT AND TALENTED, ELLIE? It's so bittersweet to think that not long after this he'll meet Blaine and finally won't be alone anymore (BABY YOU'RE NOT ALOOONE!) and gaah it's just all kinds of beautiful and you wrote it so flawlessly *flails*

The whole bit with the Kurt/Karofsky kiss breaks my heart, too (in a good way) and I adore how you wrote his expectations of his first kiss, especially the "with beautiful piano music playing inside of Kurt's head" - so ridiculously cute and made me smile hugely because I'm now 100 percent sure that happened during the Kliss :D Also, another not-sure-if-intentional-but-I-expect-so parallel that I love: the "It was never meant to be forced on Kurt by someone who had abused him every day of his high school life" with the "I am crazy about you" at the top, because it's so wonderful that Kurt's *next* kiss, the one that should have been his first, is going to be with someone who really cares about him and "made him feel safe and loved" :') YOU SO GENIUS AND WONDERFUL, HONEY

And, of course, the last paragraph made me smile so much that I had tears in my eyes. So, so beautiful. People are always making accusations that Kurt doesn't really love Blaine because of his pause before he answered with "I love you, too" but you just described his thought process SO PERFECTLY - it clearly wasn't doubt of his own feelings, he just didn't feel worthy of all of this happiness and love because of everything that's made him feel like he'd be alone forever. THEIR LOVE IS LEGENDARY. AND SO ARE YOU :D

"...or actually be looking at some really hot Spanish guy with killer muscles that's standing behind him…" I ADORE this, hehehe, it's so brilliant, and made me giggle rather a lot :')

"It's the look that his mom is giving his dad in their wedding photo on the mantlepiece. And Kurt finally knows what that look is. It's love." YEAH SO I PRETTY MUCH DIED AT THIS PART! I have no idea how you manage to write these things, that make me feel like my heart has just melted from the adorable and is now lying in a puddle of love on the floor... I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH OKAY

The entire ending just leaves me speechless, so much beauty and perfection and every Klaine-related thought I've ever had summed up in a few sentences that summarise why they're such a flawless pairing. YOU ARE SO AMAZING, GAH!

You'll probably think this is super-weird, but reading this reminded me how much of a beautiful person you are (not that I needed reminding) because you can just tell, through what/how you write, what an amazing and lovely view of the world you have, and it makes me smile so hard with appreciation that I get to be your friend :D THANK YOU FOR WRITING SUCH A WONDERFUL AND HEART-WARMING STORY THAT MADE ME SMILE SUPER-HUGELY AND FOR ALWAYS MAKING ME SO HAPPY AND SJDJFDSJHFDS YOU ARE SO BRILLIANT AND TALENTED, SWEETHEART! LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

(This year, Emily met Ellie.

Yes, this year truly has been the best year of Emily's life.)
Kurtsie chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Awww, I loved this fic. It was a nice compilation of Klaine and Kurt-centric moments from season two. Great work!
silvertonedwords chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Really sweet :)
Randomperson chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
this fic is lovely and I love your reference to Rent.
I Spiked the Ice Cream chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Brilliant, dear. Really, just brilliant.

I absolutely loved this fic. It was very well-organized and flowed really well. I thought you wrote Kurt's character perfectly, especially in the part with his first kiss with Karofsky. That part broke my heart just a little. Are you sure this is the first Glee fic you've ever written? ;)

Please keep writing. I'd love to see more from you! :D
I Spiked the Ice Cream chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Brilliant, dear. Really, just brilliant.

Please keep writing. I'd love to see more from you! :D
hannahkp93 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Well, as you know, I always enjoy your writing, but I really liked this piece! I liked the idea behind it and you wrote it really well. :) I enjoyed your Kurt a lot as well. Keep writing! :)
bjaarcy chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Thank you. Just... thank you.

I can't even begin to explain how much this fic means to me. I'm weird, that's why it does. And because I'm weird, I also cannot use words to explain the feelings I am comprehending towards this fic.

So, just thank you for writing this. T'was epic! Especially for a first glee fic :D Well done!

-xoxo
youpromisedmebroadway chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Really lovely- how you showed all the crap Kurt has put up with alongside Blaine's progression of his feelings for Kurt. How Kurt is think it's the worst year ever, and then at the end, it's the best year. You put it across brilliantly :)
whelmedwithaster chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Can I just tell you how amazingly adorable this is ?

The way it's written it just perfect. It holds al the emotion, and at the end I literally smiled. Thankyou for writing this. (':