Reviews for Beside You
Copia Pirata chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Es realmente tu mejor fic. Capítulos cortos, concisos. Historia dulce, con un Matsuda absolutamente comestible y una Sayu poniendoselo un pelín difícil.

Adorable el fic, Matsuda...Y HASTA JEFE. jejejejejej

Maravillosa historia. De 10. -
Sayu Matsuda chapter 17 . 9/2/2012
So cuteee!

It's amazingly written.

It's so sweet, slow, and perfect.-
goodbyegone chapter 17 . 1/13/2012
Well now. /Well now./

This story has been great fun to follow. It's absolutely adorable and the ending doesn't disappoint, but I am of course sad to see it go! The finale wouldn't have been complete without Meli dropping in purely for the sake of being annoying, so her with the camera made me smile. It's an uplifting end, Sayu with the promise of finally being able to move on and enjoy her life as she should, and Matsuda with the chance to escape old ghosts and get what he wants for once- it's a brilliant end for a brilliant fic and I applaud you for writing it. You may have also introduced me to another band to add to my list of must-listens! C:

To address your final author's note: most of the (relatively small) Matsayu fandom focuses on the incredibly angsty side of their relationship, and this makes for incredibly tedious fic as everything is exactly the same. That's why I'm somewhat glad it wasn't an issue here. After all, they are characters in their own right, they don't need to live permanently in the shadows of the Yagami clan's misdeeds. And though I can imagine that Matsuda might tell Sayu eventually about what happened with her family, and that Sayu mightn't take it well, she could do with someone caring at her side - and in this fic's universe at least, Matsuda could be salvation as much as damnation, but the ending is perfect as it is.

Once again, congrats on finishing the fic. :)
youlosethegame chapter 17 . 1/12/2012
I love this story. It's amazingly written, and I've always had a soft spot for Matsuda/Sayu.
lolzy33 chapter 17 . 1/12/2012
I can't believe that it's over already! I love this; it's rare to find MatsudaxSayu stories that are this well written! And your OC was also absolutely amazing; complete opposite of a Mary Sue! You should totally write more Matsayu! (I'm just gonna call it that until I can think of a better name xD) Maybe you could write another fic as a sequel, where maybe they're married or living together? I'd love to see Sayu finally learning the truth about her brother, and of course, some more Meli, Sachiko, and Aizawa wouldn't hurt either! ;D Love this; and will be looking forward to seeing more from you!

hudgens77 chapter 17 . 1/12/2012
AWWW! it was a really sweet ending, I love this couple and I loved the story. Thanks for writing it3

and lol, I was gonna ask exactly what you wrote on your author's note :P and I agree with you, it would be kinda dark for the story:) so I looooooved it3.
goodbyegone chapter 16 . 1/12/2012
Fuuuu- for some reason fanfiction won't let me review chapter 15, so I'll just have to compensate for it here.

I absolutely ADORE the way this fic is going. It's so sweet, slow, and perfect. It's so hard to find fluff in the Death Note fandom that's well written and in-character, which is probably why I love this fic so much because it's just brilliant fun to read. Touta and Sayu are the only ones in the series that seem to have a real chance at happiness, post-Kira, anyways.

Meli cracks me up, as ever. And the notion that Matsuda could end up as a Chief is worrying. I especially liked the scene with Sayu and her mother; it's a complete role reversal that signifies Sayu's recovery and it was quite touching. Maybe Sachiko will be able to move on, in time.

In addition, I love the little scene between Matsuda and Aizawa; though everything is left unsaid, it's still very clear what they both mean. Oh, boys, maybe one day you'll be able to bro-hug like you clearly want to.
lolzy33 chapter 16 . 1/12/2012
Hahaha, I just love the way that Matsuda and Aizawa interact! It's funny, and kinda cute and sweet at the end. I guess now that Soichioro's dead, Aizawa is a sort of father figure to Matsuda now...? I wonder where Matsuda's family is...hmm...:) Can't wait for the next chapter! You're like the god of updates! XD

lolzy33 chapter 15 . 1/10/2012
Dang, that was fast. I wish I was that good with updates. XD This chapter was cute. 'Her smile was worth everything.' I think my inner sappy, romantic fangirl just died and went to heaven! x3 I also loved it when Meli was chanting. "Spill, spill, spill!" Haha, chanting makes it important! XD Can't wait for the next chapter!

goodbyegone chapter 15 . 1/10/2012
...Eeep.

Can you hear insane fangirl squee'ing? Because that's probably me :D

This is just absolutely adorable! Out of all the fics I find myself following in recent months, this fic is the perfect balance of fluff, hilarity and occasional angst; it has me hooked. I'm delighted every time you update!

The romantic in me adores the last sentence, it's just /too/ adorable C:
hudgens77 chapter 14 . 1/10/2012
ahhh I wanted a kiss! lol I loved this chapter, it was really sweet:)
lolzy33 chapter 14 . 1/9/2012
XD Meli sounds so much like me sometimes it's scary. This chapter was really cute. Good job, and I will be looking forward to the next chapter! :)

hudgens77 chapter 13 . 12/17/2011
amazing story, love the pairing! update soon please:3
goodbyegone chapter 13 . 12/13/2011
Such a short and yet perfectly effective install. The subtle change in Sayu's mentality is brilliant, standing on her own two feet and removing herself from her past psyche whilst still honouring her father's memory... It's really quite a touching chapter, a bonding moment even though her father isn't actually there.

The relationship between Sayu and her mother is heartbreaking, too, but it feels realistic considering everything that's happened within the family. Whenever this story updates it really makes my day :]
lolzy33 chapter 13 . 12/10/2011
Short but sweet. It's sad that Sachiko and Sayu don't really talk to each other anymore. Update soon. :)