Reviews for Ashes of Paradise
startlaughing chapter 5 . 1/18/2012
I absolutely love this story, excellent writing, fabulous story and with two of my favourite characters, this is truly amazing!

Keep up the excellent work, I'd love to read more! :)
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 4 . 11/20/2011
Ah, i'll be looking forward to the next piece of the puzzle ;P
Vampiregal101 chapter 4 . 9/26/2011
more please! i love it
MyLittleBird chapter 4 . 8/20/2011
This is coming along pretty nicely.
tHaT.oNe.WeIrD.gUrL chapter 4 . 8/20/2011
*giggles* Well, this chapter is very 4-ish. Its the 4th chapter with 4444 words! :) And it was amazing! 4 thumbs up!
IsThisYourCard chapter 4 . 8/19/2011
I like these characters. I mean Robin seems OOC, but then again he grew up ina different environment and went through different things.

I'm also loving how you got Star and Raven in there :)
crepuscule2012 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Luv the story so far. Man, Slade's mouth drool from your description of Robin XD...
song six chapter 3 . 8/10/2011
Hey GypsyDayDreamer, SongSix here ready to review after reading what you have so far! Once again, thankyou for making it through 'WTHI'...and thankyou for taking in the bigger monster that was 'TLWBMB'! and participating in the contest! Alright here we go!

First off, I appreciate the style of writing you have. It's clear to see you are very careful with your choice of words and you try to keep a good flow going within your sentences and in the story overall. I guess the word that best describes the feel of your writing is 'smooth' because it's continuous straights lines of flow which is wonderful. I also really like your delicate word choice. I don't know if you normally use more 'intricate' or 'prettier' words in your stories, but for the theme you're doing it matches since they are in a 'royal' and 'majestic' setting. You're very strong in describing images and scenes with lot's of excellent word choice and order of the words. My only criticism to the writing part of this is there are a few times a comma is not placed in a proper spot, but it's in small spots that most of us (including me) accidentally make the habit of doing to break down run-on sentences. So, i wouldn't worry much about that.

I like how you made Robin and Slade your own in this alternate universe. Now, arguably, yeah, they're out of character but they're in an alternate universe growing up in a different environment than their TV show counterparts. My only question is: is there any particular reason you named Robin Robin and not Ricard or Dick? But moving on, I really love how you included Wintergreen in here. Small things like that are always appreciated as well as gar making a cameo as the pet tiger. For some reason Prince Robin makes me think of alot of Princess Jasmine for that hahahaha! I really love how you did your rearch and used your knowledge of Egyptian customs, that's pretty neat! Hmm...what's got me intrigued is trying to figure out who red is? An OC? Wally? Roy? JASON TODD? haha! But I guess you will reveal that mystery eventually!

What else? I know I had more! Hmm...something to work on? Well, i can see you are very good with word choice, flow, and descriptions, now my only challenge to you is to make the reader feel what the characters feel. Now I know one of the reviewers already said they felt Robin's sadness but I want to feel it too! I want to feel my heart ache! Don't get me wrong, you are a very strong writer, but I feel you could work more with manipulating the reader's emotions. I believe you're a good writer, don't let this discourage you at all! I always include something to work on in thorough reviews.

Do I have more?...hmmm...I like the romance in here. it's very fairy tale desert romance. And I don't mean like fluffy cute or heart warming, i mean it's pure romance. Two star crossed lovers wanting to be with each other as one of them has faced heartbreak before. That's a very...amorous sort of painting!

I had an enjoyable time reading this and I hope you continue to write more! This was very well written!

- songsix
startlaughing chapter 3 . 8/5/2011
I absolutely love this story so far, I have no words for how much this made my day!

I hope to read an update soon!

Cheers :)
IsThisYourCard chapter 3 . 8/3/2011
Not gonna lie, I started to tear up a little bit towards the end of this chapter. I could practically feel Robin's pain. Twas amazing :) keep it up!
MyLittleBird chapter 3 . 8/3/2011
This was totally kick ass!
IsThisYourCard chapter 2 . 8/2/2011
This is really interesting and I'm liking it a lot. I haven't read many where Bruce is involved. I'm excited to see how this plays out.
MyLittleBird chapter 2 . 7/18/2011
Awesome job!
DUURRRR chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I absolutely LOVE AU stories like this! I'm excited for another update!
tHaT.oNe.WeIrD.gUrL chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I like it, good job, and uh, keep up the good work. Can't wait for more.