Reviews for Let me hold your crown,
Sunni Praestans chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Okay, before I start nitpicking at tiny details, I must say I love the fic as a whole. It is really impressive, especially seeing there was no research (but I really don’t care about that). I also love the song and I am listening to it while I write this story. One of my favourite things is actually how you wound tea, and America's hatred of it, through the entire story.

I think my favourite sequence was this one;

"Alfred, my boy," Arthur grinned. "The sun doesn't set on the British Empire, how's that for impressive?"

("I'm sorry about being behind on my payments; I can't get the revenue because I'm only allowed to trade with you.")

"Look at this- -are you even paying attention, git? Alfred, look at this map. This is the British Empire. Magnificent isn't it?"

("And everytime we trade, the debt is getting bigger.")

"And you were the first, but look, now India is one of my jewels. Absolutely top-notch."

("Please. I can't do this. Listen to me. I can't. And I can do anything. Anything except this, except you.")

I think it captured excellently the fact that there were things America wanted to say but they weren’t listened to. The last thing I really loved was the final lines. I frankly adore the love is the opposite of indifference, not hate, comparison. It was really twee.

Really twee.

As well as gut wrenching.

I loved it.
Obsessed-Language-Freak chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I don't usually read US or UK-centric fanfiction, but I just have to say that this was really, really amazing. The summary was what got me; I thought it'd be a bit more lighthearted than this, but I'm glad it was like this. I like stories that are a little bit heavy.

As for the story itself, I liked how tea was the link between it all. It gives it this little underlying current that's reminiscent of a clue in a murder story that keeps coming back to haunt the detective, but nothing so serious, of course.

The line about love being a cage is scary, and sad, but true. The issue, I think, is when that love seems stifling. If we learn to be happy in our own limits, or in limits in general, then I think it's not so much a cage as something secure. However, my opinions on that aside, it was very easy to see America's frustration and his longing for independence.

As for England, I felt he was a little more controlling than he comes across in the comics and anime, but then again maybe that's because he's imperial at this point in time. I must say though, I did quite like his nitpicking and insistence on the correct manners, particularly when he made America sit down after America went off on one.

I really like the title too. Maybe it's related to the song, but it's got a weird vibe about it that fits perfectly with the rest of the story.

Good job!

Yumi-chan-likes-chainsaws chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
:D *clap clap* this was really good!
Witty Teacup chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This was actually really good. I thoroughly enjoyed it to be totally honest. :) Though, if this is pre-revolution, I only have one problem. This sentence here...

"Alfred lowered his eyes, curling slightly on the spot. In the cold air, the hot tears that had began to splash up against his will made his glasses mist over."

Alfred didn't get his glasses until after the revolution when the United States annexed Texas somewhere in the 1800's I believe.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem nit-picky ; I really did think this was great though~
CaptainCynical chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This is absolutely lovely. I'm going to interpret it as romantic!USUK, because I really like them as a couple.

Although I am of the opinion that Alfred was overreacting about the taxes, you really made me feel for him. I like the detail in this. How Alfred still acted British, but began building his own things after a while. That Arthur thinks he's King of Everything - and he nearly is - but he doesn't rule Alfred. When they had that brief moments' peace in which Alfred discovers that he's taller than Arthur. And my favourite part of the whole fic has to be the ending.

I really enjoyed reading this :)
ineedmesometea chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
A beautiful fic, wonderfully done. This is a truly amazing piece of writing, and I really, REALLY like it. Incredable. You know, I always did want to see a Hetalia version of the Boston tea party, and this is just wow. I love it. I case you hadn't noticed :)