Reviews for The Games We Play
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
Their Fun, they way the were playing with each other, was really Great ! And Totally Entertaining !

The only sad part was because the background is in season 3...
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
I like this, with the easy comradeship between the two. Even when they were wrestling, as if they had a slight beef with each other, the give-and take was fun. Surprised, actually, about the wrestling, since monsters/demons/angels would bust them up enough - why bust each other? But working on reflexes and such, yeah, that makes sense.

Loved Sam hustling. He's come a long way! LOL about Sam winning the poker. And just *GRIN* at two sweaty guys playing one-on-one basketball! Glad you actually said Parcheesi - couldn't quite figure out what game it was (brain was tickled, but couldn't seem to land on it).

Favorite story - oh yeah!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
This was hilarious and awesome and then it gave me feels.
caffrey girl chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
This is probably the fourth of fifth time I'm reading this story and it never fails to make me feel all fuzzy inside. The way you potray the brothers is always so amazing.
The games are cool too, the brothers playing at each others strengths and weaknesses as much as the game itself is really cool to watch.
:-)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
This was awesome. I liked seeing them during their times off, playing, but always honing their skills, blowing off steam, distracting the other from whatever emotional trauma they were trying to get through, or talking through issues that needed to see the light even though they couldn't do it without something else to focus on.
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I love it! Some normal time with the boys! I really like the ways they entertained themselves it really seemed like stuff they would do and its nice to see them doing something besides fighting and angsting. Great fic
tvj12 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
I enjoyed this view into their non-case activities. I also liked how you showed that even in their games that they were working on strategies and earning money and just communicating. Thanks for sharing. -tvj12
StillWaters1 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Another beautiful piece. Every word and action is just so *them.* Thank you for this.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Endearing piece.

Excellent banter.

My favorite part: "No bet," Sam said distractedly, shuffling his hand around. He'd always played with the same focus and technique, whether it was Go Fish or Poker, something Dean found oddly comforting. Sam pulled out two cards and laid them on the table. "Two."

So very Sam! Giggles warmly at Dean finding that 'oddly comforting.'

A real pleasure to read, per your norm.

Karen
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Great fic! Love these little insights into the different games the brothers play in their down time. They work and play and figure things out.

Nice one. :)
Katiki chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
I'm always impressed by how you continue to find fresh lenses through which to observe the boys. The games they play in their downtime is a facet of their lives that is rarely examined, and it was a very different and interesting way to look at them and their relationship.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Somehow, I liked Sammy hustling pool the best. I can just see him. Their games that demon deal year were probably all a little sad.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
What a great fic! It's so refreshing to see the boys doing normal, everyday things that brothers would do, playing basketball and board games.

But like with all your fics there's always a deeper layer and whether it's just about valuing your family and enjoying the company, accepting the losses with the winners or putting past battles behind you the boys and their complicated relationship always manage to shine through.

This was a lovely insight into those quite moments that the boys rarely get and we rarely see on screen. Thanks so much sharing. Take care, Abbi
vansen58 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I *loved* this line:

"And Dean had gone from letting his weaker and smaller little brother win some, to all the cutthroat competitiveness of brotherhood."

Sometimes fic writers go way overboad on the protective-big-brother-Dean and forget that Sam is actually a grown up and they are boys and OF COURSE DEAN WILL WANT TO BEAT HIM. Boys will always be boys.
Landwing chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Always cool how games allow things that don't always get a chance to come out some air time, whether trivial or serious. Plus, down-time scenes are always insightful. Very well done.