Reviews for The King and The Sorceress
john'sgirlfriend2date chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Wow! Now THIS was amazing! Thank you.
Kizzia chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Wow. Just wow. Loved it, totally and completely. And now I'm lost for words. K x
Magnusrae chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Well that was twisted. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It certainly is plausible, but I would hope against the plot anyways because it makes the world seem like a darker, crueler place. Of course no one wants to be confronted like that, to be shamed into admitting their weaknesses, to be forced into seeing the unholy consequences of thier actions. His reaction certainly falls within the parameters of Uther's behaviour. But it's just sad.

On the technical side of things, it was really well written. The descriptions were vivid and easy to picture and the whole story flowed. Very well done in that regard. But still sad.
Saint Bacchus chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I like how the method Uther uses to eliminate her parallels the way she affected him - fast and straight through the heart. I also like that you explained Uther's scar. I've actually never read another fic that did! Now I'm inspired. :)

I knew the (beautiful and haunting) song already, so I knew what was coming. But I couldn't help thinking the woman was Alice and that Gaius would sneak her out at the end...
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
That was a very interesting story! I liked it. And it was very sad!
Kitty O chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I'm afraid I was in such a hurry that I only scannned it. If I get the time to come back and read, it won't be for a long while. So I review now.

I knew Uther would kill her like that. Because that is what makes him the king, right? He doesn't like feeling feelings. THerefore, he kills sorcerers. Makes sense to me. ;)

I love some of the metaphors/similes you used in this story. Like, rigid as his sword. Etc.

And the explanation for his scar. Interesting, though I kind of wish that his scar wasn't somethign like that, of his own doing. I want Uther's awesome scar to be a keepsake from a battle he fought for an actual good reason. Or at least not all his own fault. It is always Uther's fault, sigh... Part of the reason I like him so much. It's not fun when it's all your fault. And you don't mean for it to be.

Good story.

Kitty O of Awesomeness PBO
Ringo'simaginarycat chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
I really enjoy how you've kept him very closed off and only had it a moment where he broke. Very lovely and tragic.
Loopstagirl chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Wow. Is there nothing you cannot write? Every style and genre you do is just as powerful as the next, and this is no exception. This was absolutely beautiful and perfectly written.

Another masterpiece, congratulations! :)