Reviews for Fathernames
Calenataure chapter 2 . 9/3
Aww... This is so cute!
Fortune Zyne chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
This was awesome and I love how you incorporated them being found by the water and in the cave. That's how I always pictured it.

And until the choice I think they aged like Elves since most of their bloodline was Elvish.
asdfjkl chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
i like it. only i do wish it was longer...

i don't like elwing or earendil. but i've always loved maglor. sad, huh?
Annelies Vanherck chapter 2 . 2/5/2008
A beautiful story, really! You seem to be able to capture the character's personality so well. I can really identify them with what Tolkien wrote.
Redone chapter 2 . 8/14/2005
A truly excellent story. I've wished to read such a story for a long time. The glimpse of Earendil not even naming one of his sons is quite shocking; and I adored M&M's feelings about Elured and Elurin.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 2 . 10/17/2004
lovely. great foresight for both of the children. "'To evil ends shall all things turn that they begin well." I can see why a son of Fëanor would believe so, but it is not so.

i like the obvious differences between Elros and Elrond, and how Maglor notices them, such as "This one sees." his emotions when he realizes the boys are twins is the best, for it shows many things; how Maglor loved his brothers, how the Oath and all their hardships changed Amrod and Amras. i like to think that they did not change too much, but the Oath did burden them.

"In Arda Marred both dooms would bring sorrow soon enough." So true, and just as Professor Tolkien would write it.

"To one with a singer's ears it would not be difficult to keep them apart." i dunno. this line wasn't anything really special, but it just made the story more endearing to me."

great job. i love it
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
the interaction between Maglor and Maedhros is good, though i do not like to think those words from Maedhros' mouth. i love Maglor (and always have) and i always wonder how he could do such deeds. "How much deeper can we fall?" is so true and suitable for all the Feanorians.

"But then, no one needs to lead the sons of Fëanor astray. We already are." so true.

i also think that Maglor killing Himluin adds to his character, however unfortunate that may be. it shows that he has the proud blood of Fëanor in his veins as well, that no one defies sons of Fëanor, especially not those that used to be his following.
Vana Tuivana chapter 2 . 2/8/2004
Exccellent characterization of Maglor and Maedhros. You illustrate the similarities and differences between the brothers so clearly. I like your portrayal of Elrond as wise beyond his years, as might well have been in one leading such a life, even a six-year-old child. Actually, one thing here: the boys may be a bit too mature for age six, since Elves mature more slowly than humans, and they would probably have inherited some of that from their mother's family.
I love the way you draw attention to the parallels between the attack on Doriath and on Sirion, especially the abandonment of the children. To me, this is one of the most interesting bits of the Silmarillion, and you have done an excellent job of portraying it.
One minor nitpick- a spelling error from near the end of chapter 2: "Their voices were almost indistinghuisable, but not quite." This should be "indistinguishable".
Nessa Ar-Fieneil chapter 2 . 2/7/2004
good story please continue
Prophetic Fire chapter 2 . 8/21/2003
Aw, that was so cute! Well, about as cute as it can be considering the massacre at the beginning and such. But you get the idea. Ah, would that I could come up with a constructive review! I fear I am not gifted in that respect. Stupid question: do you find it strange or (for the lack of a better word; I can't find my thesaurus) stupid that I (again with the lack-of-finding-words thing) flip my speech from modern to semi-old/Tolkienesque? I myself think it rather amusing, but I would like to hear your opinion (seeing as I admire you greatly as a talented author).
Marnie chapter 1 . 4/5/2003
Fantastic! Maedhros and Maglor are properly grim and tragic, and that ?Is there a ground to evil, or is it a bottomless pit? was one of those darkly brilliant moments you sometimes get in the Silmarillion - you know, the ones where everything's so terrible it reaches the point of splendour. Elrond and Elros were wonderful - I loved Elros dragging the sword he couldn't carry, and Elrond's 'we have no choice'. I could see him becoming the lore-master of Rivendell.
Kazaera chapter 2 . 3/27/2003
Just realized I forgot to review this...

Cute! :) I love Peredhil-Maglor stories (seeing as it's one of the few relationships we have confirmed in the Silmarillion) and yours is beautiful. Elwing really must've been mad, to call her sons by her brother's names *shudders*. Maglor is very sweet, and well at naming I see :) would that I could think up names for OCs as quickly.

All in all, a very good story.
SilverElf chapter 2 . 11/4/2002
wow...what an amazing story. i liked your description of Elros and Elrond, and how you tied their personality into their name. i was also excited to see a Maglor/Maedhros story. Even in the Silm fics area, there aren't many of them, and Maglor is my favorite of Feanor's sons...your battle scene and the parallel between the 2 sets of twins was also an interesting twist...my critique of this story would be to allow Elros/Maglor/Elrond a little bit more time to bond...it seemed like they took to each very quickly, and Elrond (who I would have imagined a very bright boy) probably wouldn't have taken to anyone that quickly, never mind a son of Feanor.

~SilverElf~
Lady Cheshire chapter 2 . 8/15/2002
That was amazing. . . Wow, Finch, that's really, all I can say about this. . . Either I'm too dense, or too stupefied, all I can do is reread it and stare.

Wow. . .
Cirdan chapter 2 . 7/22/2002
This is one of those stories that I read when I was first getting into Silm fanfics and not necessarily part of the community. It's one of those pieces that convinced me that fanfics were worth a second shot. Maedhros and Maglor's interactions were wonderful. So much angst, so little said. Mother's names are supposed to be prophetic, right? One must wonder if Elwing has the same prophetic sight since she's half-elven and I have to agree with Maglor that it's crazy to name a kid after a dead brother. Just look at what happened to Vincent Van Gogh. I like the implication that Maglor gives them their being. I also liked the characterizations of the boys. Elrond's o so calm when he says that they have no choice but to go with Maglor. That's the unflappable Elrond I know. :)