Reviews for Can't be Normal
musme chapter 4 . 9/14/2014
I love it
midlifecrisses chapter 3 . 8/23/2013
This was a very interesting read. I enjoyed it as well.
elemenohp chapter 4 . 5/17/2013
Hi!

Came here from tumblr, I had never read this fic before! I think you handled a lot of it really well. The joyfulness of the sex scene really came through. I loved Finn and Noah's friendship in this, the reasoning behind the mohawk, and the corrected Klaine relationship. : ) Also the sex was hot!

Here is some concrit. I know you wrote this a while ago and besides that, I'm a stranger, so feel free to ignore this, but I thought I'd share for the heck of it. Caveat, I am not under the trans* umbrella myself but have a close friend who is transsexual and I've done a lot of reading.

There were a number of places where Noah himself or other characters referring to Noah seemed to call him less-than fully male because he is trans. I know there is a huge range of ways that people ID along the transmale spectrum, but given how early Noah transitioned and the fact that his anatomy is the only part of him that feels incongruous, I would guess he IDs more in the "man with (transsexual) medical history" camp. He's not less than a man; he's a man who had to have some medical interventions. No different than any cissexual man with low testosterone would seek to correct that.

That said, I understand why Kurt feels "safer" once Noah discloses that he is trans, and it's helpful that you laid that out for the reader. But it's also problematic. It definitely felt to me like Kurt considered Noah not fully male because of his anatomy.

A lot of trans men (and/or transmen, and/or men with transsexual history) have words they prefer to "clit". There's no reason Noah wouldn't call his sex organ his dick or cock or what have you.

Final point, I've seen a lot of objections over the years to the phrase, "the surgery" as some monolithic thing. For people who seek surgical intervention, there isn't just one surgery. Trans men who have already experienced female puberty are much more likely to pursue top surgery than lower surgery because it is more affordable and makes clothing choices easier. Also, I know a lot of people who find the idea that lower surgery "doesn't work" to be highly offensive. Surgical techniques are progressing every day and you know, genitals are personal. There are several options that allow trans men to have the genitals they desire, that work for them, that are pleasurable for them and their partners, that are aesthetically attractive. At any rate, genital surgery is complicated and usually carried out over several different surgeries over months or even years.
Miss Dark-Angel Killjoy chapter 4 . 3/14/2013
This is awesome. Need to find sequel now.
Aima chapter 4 . 12/10/2012
First Glee Favourite. Loved how you've done it, now I have to go read the sequel despite not being an angst whore. The side of my brain that likes whump would love to see the daddy!Puck plot line for this. Just think of Burt's face...
Fanfic gyrl chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I really liked this fic cuz of the issues it raises. so I am fav:ing it...
/best wishes -Ff g-
lazor chapter 4 . 8/28/2012
this was really interesting. i liked getting inside puck's head with his conflicted feelings about his gender and his sexual preferences. this last chapter with kurt was lovely!
JessicaHereAndNow chapter 4 . 6/16/2012
I think I'm in love with you!
JessicaHereAndNow chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
This is great! :D
shb85 chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
wow this is a fantastic story, cant wait to read the sequel :) thanks for writing!
Alt3etf chapter 4 . 6/1/2012
I loved this. It was completely different!
Eli chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I know this is fairly old, but I will feel disgusted if I don't write this. I had multiple problems reading this because of the lack of reality it had to it. Eleven year olds cannot, under any circumstances get hormones. It messes up their bodies, and any trans must be at least sixteen until they receive HRT. I don't mean this to be derogatory, because I enjoy your writing style, this just was a big pet peeve I had.
scorpionika chapter 4 . 1/2/2012
Dunno if I'm gonna read angsty sequel, but the story is f* awesome - unique concept, romantic romance and some lovin' x) One in all 57 thousands Glee fics xD

Thanks for sharing xo

Hugs!
aylarouge chapter 4 . 12/14/2011
I just wanted to say that I loved this. I haven't reading anything about gay trans men before and I was starting to feel left out! I mean, we want some loving to XDD I love how real you made everything felt, from what testosterone dose to you to how Puck felt when he realized he was gay. I can't wait to read the sequel!

Thanks again for writing this, it's awesome.
Wild Mage 44 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Almost forgot to review, lol. I loved this;)