Reviews for Duty before Love
Wolfsnivy700 chapter 1 . 4/27
This was really sweet. I wish this pairing had more fans!
dukeofpoorplanning chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
Personally, I like to pretend that the Rito just have normal mouths, since them having beaks makes a lot of stuff awkward. Anyways, this is really good! I personally don't ship Zelink (except maybe in Minish Cap, and even then I'm sorta on the fence about it), so I have a different Link-based OTP in every game, Link/Medli being the one from Wind Waker. I'm kinda sad that there aren't more stories about them, but at least the ones we have are really good.
Clashing Swords chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This is great. I've been a fan of this pairing since the Earth Temple in WWHD. A continuation of this would be great!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
forget what your friends think this was very nice!
Kenta Raikiri chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Kenta: WAAAAHHH!

(sniffle) Sorry, I always wondered what it would be it must feel, being stuck in that creepy place for the rest of the game.

I was actually thinking about doing a fanfic over this, but you beat me to it!

Oh well, you did a really good job! If it was'

:Link: HI!

:Medli: OH NO! '

style, I would have written it anyway.

Great job!

Kenta Raikiri
TriforceBrave chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
D'awwww! How cute! :3

I'll be honest with you; I've never been a fan of Link pairings. Not now, not ever. But this did make me crack a smile- Medli's thoughts are so... fitting. In fact, I could imagine this happening in the game itself. Shame it didn't!

I'm glad you decided against making the two kiss, though. I felt the subtle hint of a relationship between the two was more than enough.

You have a wonderful writing style, as well, though I'll admit some sentances were a tad choppy for me (though this may be because I'm so tired. x.x).

For your reference, I shall add the sentances that looked a bit off to me;

-Even if she lacked their memories, ever since Laruto awakened her she could sense the presence of her ancestors, the deceased Sages that once empowered the Master Sword.

-Since Komali's grandmother had died, no one had been left to teach her, so she'd needed to struggle through reading ancient texts in the old language and further her training on her own.

And just another little bit of criticism, I feel the 'And' in these two sentences isn't needed;

-And now he was fighting for the Great Sea – for her life and everyone else's. And she was stuck out here, possibly with no way to ever return home.

But that is just my personal opinion, of course.

In conclusion, a great little MedlixLink oneshot. I'm glad I read it! :3
MissLozSoue39 chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
This story is perfect. I've always loved Medli, she is in my top 10 characters in the LoZ series. Link and Medli isn't a very popular pairing, but they are cute together (not as cute as Zelink though :D) Wonderful story.