Reviews for Amato
Insert Reference Here chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This so heartbreaking...I don't cry at things, yet I feel like I almost did at this.

Angla is freaking adorable. Seriously, I want to squeeze him ...I'm guessing from the story's context and his name that he's an American territory/state located where England used to be?

Anyways, the USUK tease moments where great,though sad when you know that England's dead...Overall, very touching story
Itachis-Witch chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
How sad, I almost started to cry. But it was still beautiful.
Chandinee Richards chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
So sad, yet sweet. I like it
Nostalgian chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
The America you portray with Angla is simply incredible. He's mature, responsible, and capable, but still America. I think he makes an excellent father actually, and Angla is really quite a cutie. I did enjoy how Angla's origins were only ever implied, and America doesn't harbour any dislike of the boy, only old memories that sometimes make him sad. It must be very hard for him.

In contrast, the America in the flashbacks is also pretty darn America. I like that he tried to stop the bill, and I wonder what that would like on the country-level. America supporting the Monarchy? Who knew XD Either way, I think my favourite one was probably the revolution or meeting. Now, I've seen the anime of all the canon scenes, and whilst I adore usuk, the hints are pretty subtle and what have we (even the revolution) but you seem to have drawn them out, and I like how you did that, whilst still staying STRAIGHT on the canon. I usually wander from it, so I am impressed. I like that revolution America is not happy that he has won, both as this ties in historically, and omg cute pairing desu, etc.

I like your style - it's very stark and straight which fits with the fairytale theme, as well as the dialogue focus. There are some lines and events that really had me crying - "he felt something clench in his chest. Maybe it was his heart, he couldn't be sure." and the entire Arthur death scene (but in particular when he comforts America despite the fact he's dying... and the heartbreaking finish of "Arthur?" D8 BAW. Also, America's little internal breakdown at the funeral is somehow so fitting.

I also love that America is glad Angla doesn't see him crying. The ending is incredibly powerful, and both sad and hopeful. This is an amazing story.

Also, Angla is so darn cute. I admit I wouldn't be against learning more about America's parental escapades and how Angla and other countries get along. It's quite unusual to find an oc you actually want to read about for THEIR sake, so I hope you can see you've down amazing with that kid.