Reviews for The Final Frontier
Luis chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
This sotry isn't what I expected but damn was it a good read! Loved the last few lines, very poignant. Now I'm ff to check out some of your other Dick Grayson fics!
Anonymouse chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Perfection as always, and I am very glad to see your name back on the lists!
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Gee, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that Dick's description of his modest affections for Star Trek may very stem from the memories of a talented author lady with a penchant for horses and good-natured humor. Still, it's not like I've been trained for years in the field of behavior analysis or anything so I'll just consider that to be little more than a possibility.

That being said, take some pride in taking some of the things that are a portion of your life and putting them into a character you care about. I did a lot of the same thing with Nightwing in the early days of The Misfits and continue to do so with other characters when the opportunity arises and it still works as a great way of getting your emotional yayas out while giving a reader a reminder that other people go through the same things that we are. We argue with the people we care for, we go through things where we don't know what the results we be, we get through those worries by drawing comfort from what we found before, and we draw comfort from our insecurity by taking comfort in those we care about. It's a nice, big psychological circle of life and you gave a nice little snapshot here.

So thanks for the story, to keep a long story short. Hope life is treating you a little kinder than it was before.

And, yes, I know that didn't make much sense but since when could I ever keep a long story short?
Alhana-Antilles chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
What a nice little piece. You wove Star Trek into to the story well.
scikaiju chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
It's good seeing you back in action. And this was a good one to come back with, with Dick reminiscing on one of his last happy moments with Bruce but things got bad. And I do like the reasoning on why Bruce would accept J'ohn's help and not the others.
Jason ToDD chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
DOTH MY EYES DECEIVE ME? It certainly has been too long since you have "played author" (but in my honest opinion, you never play, you are).

Another addition to your colloection of wonderful one-shots of Dick musing about his life growing up with Bruce. Bittersweet to see Bruce being there for his young partner wihtout knowing their partnership was coming to end.

Now your feet are wet once more, let the countdow nbegin for more Come What May!
Kelana-ti chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
"One small step for Batman..." LOL. That was great. I'm not a Trekkie, but I've watched a few of the movies and enjoyed them. Actually, my Dad's a Trekkie.

I really loved this.
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Great one-shot.

I can imagine how being transported the first time could make one nervous.

(BTW, I thought the JLA's transporter tubes were from Thanagar, rather than Mars.)

Dick being a Star Trek fan? Hmmm. I see him more as a "Star Wars" type. LOL I also hope he's smart enough to know that Picard tops Kirk any day of the week. LOL

Great chapter, overall.