Reviews for Growing Up Thunderbirds
thunderbird5 chapter 6 . 11/28/2011
Awww, I really like this one. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Teobi chapter 6 . 11/28/2011
John and Scott! Hooray! Love those two. Well, you already know that :)

. ...anytime smoke and John were involved something generally blew up soon afterward.- That's because the guy is so HOT!

. A quick glance at his three younger brothers assured Scott that they would be alright. They'd given up feigning interest in the Thanksgiving Day Parade at some point after all the balloons of cartoon characters Alan could actually name had gone past.

- Underdog. Kermit the Frog. Buzz Lightyear. Ummmm...

. John almost having to be admitted to psychiatric care. That poor boy has such hidden depths.

. Without Grandma the best they usually ate was spaghetti and canned sauce, and without Dad if they managed more than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches they were golden.- Typical boys. And even with that limited amount of food, the kitchen would have looked like a bomb hit it.

. John's attempts at cooking. Blackened cranberry sauce. Soggy stuffing. Lumpy mashed potatoes not even cooked. But y'know what? At least he's made the effort :)

. Blaming the laptop for the failed cooking! Why not? Laptops ARE responsible for everything that goes wrong!

. Shrugging. Not only is it noncommittal, it's also annoying. Which makes it doubly awesome, especially when John does it :)

. "Your sympathy for my plight is overwhelming."- Extreme Sarcasm. Nobody does it better!

. "It's Thanksgiving, Johnny, and there is no 'I' in it."

"There are two, actually."

- Lol! Take that, Scott. Like the people who say there's no 'I' in 'Team', and then get the answer "no, but there's a 'me'!"

. Cooking the turkey in the dryer. What is this, 'Jackass'? No, don't answer that, ha ha. This is gonna be good...:)

. Scott's forward planning. Blow up the dryer and then we'll know what to get Grandma for Christmas! This is how he grew up to be Field Commander!

. Ruffling John's hair. **high fives Reggie**

. Thanksgiving isn't about the food. Says Scott Tracy, human garbage disposal. Who's he trying to kid!

. John was right, though, it didn't really feel like the holidays without their mother cheerfully humming as she dashed around throwing up decorations or filled the kitchen with wonderful smells while laughing with Grandma. The house just felt so much more empty without her than the lack of one person should.

- Because she was the person who brought the light and the love into their lives :(

. Scott dumping the potatoes in the bin and telling John to come out and play football with them. "In three feet of snow?" Lol- typical John response. He wants to, but he has to make a show of protest first :)

. Backyard rules. Oh, jeez. Something tells me there's gonna be a mess in the house after that! But great to see John getting into the mood to play at last, and ending on some glorious brother banter and teasing. Great work Reggie!

t x
bubzchoc chapter 6 . 11/27/2011
excellent
bubzchoc chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
great chapter
zeilfanaat chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Hahaha, oh, that was funny, thanks for sharing!

Loved the bit about their mother too.
Loopstagirl chapter 4 . 8/5/2011
Another gorgeous chapter! The lightheartedness of the game playing coupled perfectly with the seriousness of why they were playing, and everything about it was just gorgeous.

I'm enjoying these so much, this was just pure awesomeness, you really capture the brothers perfectly!
Teobi chapter 4 . 8/3/2011
Oh, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. When I saw Princess Tyler Briefs aka Reggie had updated I knew I was in for a treat.

How on Earth did you know Donatello was my favourite Turtle as well as Johnny being my favourite Tracy? HOW? I am doubly geeked. It's not just the purple accessories. Donatello is deep, and he's the slightly geeky one, if there's such a thing as a geeky ninja Turtle.

ANYWAY, your fic.

Two games I managed to complete. Tomb Raider 2 on my old laptop, and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex on the old PS2. I was insanely pleased with myself, and haven't played a game since.

The cursed water temple...could it be Lara bloody Croft? Oh, no it isn't...but still. Never has a whole week been spent totally glued to a screen than when I played Tomb Raider.

"Gordon tossed one of the M&Ms in his hand up into the air, catching it with his mouth before finishing his statement."- Be careful Gords, that's what finished Alan off in Louise Hargadon's excellent parody, In Memoriam! (Go read it, it's hilarious!)

Gordon loves naked fish girls! Gordon loves naked fish girls!

"That's not ADD, that's a finicky muse." Gordon smirked. -Haha, Gordon has an answer to everything! I always like how people think a 'muse' is something that helps them with their work. Oh, I don't feel like writing today, it's my muse. Well, tell your 'muse' to get off its lazy backside, haha! Ahem. I digress.

"He actually uses that little fairy thing." And Gordon gestured at the blinking little icon at the top of the screen.- JT using a little fairy thing for the win!

Reggie, I'm really not familiar with Zelda but I do love this story to smithereens. Gordon's gentle banter, Virgil's frustration, and then their reminiscing about Lucille who used to love playing these old games and that's why John restores them and they sit through them, even the impossible boss levels.

Beautifully written and quite nostalgic too. reminds me of all those evil boss levels on Crash Bandicoot.

Tx
bubzchoc chapter 4 . 8/2/2011
great chapter
zeilfanaat chapter 3 . 7/26/2011
Oh, I don't mind this being mostly Scott and John centered stories. ;)

Loved them! Especially like how Scott at the end here thinks "Yes, this was so going to be Virgil's problem pretty quickly."

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing!
Teobi chapter 3 . 7/18/2011
Eeeeh! I never reviewed this chapter! I Fail!

A/N: I promise these won't ALL be Scott and John centric.- Why not? That suits this writer just fine! (Especially with the hair-tousling and the getting wet.) I'd like to suggest a Gordon/John pairing though, b/c the Bedroom Water park was just made. of. awesome. Fishie needs to make a return.

OMG I totally want a copy of The Neurotic's Notebook!

Your opening sentence is just perfect. WHAT have they done now?

Love Scott trying to convince himself that usually, head wounds look worse than they are. That was certainly true the day my brother came home after being hit on the head with a half brick thrown by his best friend. It looked like somebody had painted the bathroom red.

In retrospect, it really hadn't been a good idea to borrow Dad's car keys, drive out to the middle of nowhere, and force his younger brother into the driver's seat.- No. I'd say not.

But of course Johnny would swerve for a squirrel! What would Scott do...flatten it?

Ah. It's all Jeff's fault. So they've got some ammo for when he calls them into his office for a dressing-down!

John lifted his head, Scott's black jacket still held against the cut across his forehead. "Dad is going to kill us."- Even though you almost just killed yourselves? That's harsh!

He'd be grounded for the rest of his life, and never drive again.- And then put in charge of Thunderbird One. Which is like, a million times more dangerous than a car.

HOW MANY of Jeff's vehicles have they actually crashed? *howls*

Allie, Gordie, Virgie, Johnny...er, no actually, it's JOHN. I roll with the Big Boys now!

Scott's usual vehicle—a bright blue Jeep Rubicon.- Time to come out of the closet, Scott, you big attention-loving Drama Queen!

John would only watch gymnastics for anything resembling a sport.- He's no fool. All those bendy young girls somersaulting all over the place with their legs akimbo!

Scott ate double bacon cheese burgers, John salads.- Scott chugged his Gatorade straight from the bottle, John poured it into a glass and added a cocktail umbrella, a slice of lime and a bendy straw.

"This isn't your fault, okay? We're going to tell Father the truth—that this was all my idea."- Gordon would have accepted that decision straight away. John argues. He's such a passive-aggressive! (Without the aggressive bit.)

John pouting with a jacket tied round his head. That image will stay with me forever! Head tilted up so he can peer out from underneath. Defiant.

John's blue eyes narrowed, and something dangerous flashed in them. - MEEP! *Bites hand*. JT stewing in anger. Don't ever stop writing Johnny like this. Ever!

"You're not on the insurance yet, you could get in serious trouble."- Okay, NOW it's bad. Insurance- otherwise known as legal extortion.

JT being all tough and saying 'sh1t' and then being scared that Scott will one day leave him. For. The. Actual. Win.

And then the clincher- tissues out, everyone. Lucy told John she'd teach him to drive. *bawls*

"You're right. I can't say I'm going to be here for you always. I am going away to school next year. But you can always call me, John. I'm not going to just abandon you."- Love Scott's honesty. It's much better than saying 'nothing's ever gonna happen and I'll be here for you always'. That's just not realistic.

"I'm scared too. Although, it'll be completely moot if Dad ends up killing us both. Then, this will be Virgil's problem."- Awwww! Big Bro always did know how to defuse the tension!

You can call me Johnny. Awwwwww. Being cool about it makes him more of a man than anything.

I so totally love your John/Scott fics. they're funny and sad and touching and warm and fuzzy and hilarious in places. Don't stop writing them- I need this drug!

Tx
Joanne Brandon chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
That was a great chapter and I loved the whole thing. I had tears in my eyes when Lucy was mentioned so was very sweet. Keep updating as I'm just loving this amazing snap shots. Also I don't know what the book says the ages are so could you either post them in A/N's or PM them to me. Thanks and update again soon!
Loopstagirl chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
Squeal! Do you know that you are successfully turning me into a mushy pile of goo every time I see you have updated? The first line summed it all up, it was just utterly perfect!

Nice contrast between the amusement and the much deeper, underlining moments between the brothers and John's fears. This is just such a gorgeous story, I'm loving it!
sammygirl1963 chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
I just found your story and am otally loving these little peeks into moments during the boys lives. Scott is an awesome big brother. If possible, I would love to see a scene between him and Alan where he comforts a very young Alan during a thunderstorm, or after Alan falls and gets hurt.
bubzchoc chapter 3 . 7/16/2011
brilliant
Loco Koko chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This story has a very catching begining. I can't wait to read the rest. Great job!