Reviews for The Engineer's Gift
portlandian chapter 17 . 10/18
It's like reading a real book! Wonderfully done!
portlandian chapter 1 . 10/16
Very well done. can't wait to read the rest!
BatmanSwiss chapter 27 . 11/9/2016
I totally just spent the day binge -reading this! Hopefully my boss didn't notice. Cross-overs are so difficult, but you nailed it!
squeegybug chapter 27 . 10/8/2016
This is an awesome story. I usually hate Dr Who crossovers. but this was well done. Not that I really believe that the Doctor could fall in love with Rose, any more than he would fall for any other of his companions, but this is nice.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 26 . 2/28/2016
Oh, please, please, please, write a sequel. For either gang, but I'd especially like to see the trio back together and Rose and the Doctor taking the next steps in their relationship.

ps. this is my second read through and as ff . net won't allow multiple review per person per chapter consider this a ch. 27 review.
Amylianna chapter 10 . 2/25/2016
I don't know if you're still reading reviews as I can see this hasn't been updated for around 5 years... But so far I'm loving this story. Especially the characters. At a number of parts so far, somebody has said something that felt so close to their characters, that I can basically hear Zoe sweeping into the room, chiding her husband in her own stoic way this stopping the escalating argument between Jayne and Wash, and that scene with Inara serving the Doctor tea, awesome. I can hear their voices in my head saying the words you've written. Which is pretty hard to do, I think. So well done with that.
Can't wait to read more, and I'm hoping beyond hope that it's finished because it sucks getting into a story that will never end.
Kellsabelle chapter 27 . 1/25/2016
This is the best Firefly crossover I have ever read, beautifully written with a fantastic story, love it so so much!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 27 . 12/10/2015
Please please please continue with Rose and the Doctor? I'd love a sequel with the Trio reunited.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 7 . 12/9/2015
Hey, she's getting off lucky just sharing a room, if they'd bought her 'Companion' story she'd be expected to do a lot more than that... not that I think either secretly wouldn't mind.

Absolutely LOVE the Doctor/River interaction.
AngelMorph chapter 27 . 10/12/2015
Crossovers are always tricky business, but you did a amazing job at meshing the two universes, and staying true to both sets of characters. A great mesh of suspicion, government conspiracy, rebellion, escaping law enforcement, interpersonal relationships, evolving characters, and romance. All in all, an excellent page-turner from start to finish. Missed out on some valuable sleep time trying to finish it in one sitting...

P.S. For what it's worth, I voted for you on Inkitt though I've been growing more and more convinced with each passing day that it's a skewed sorry excuse for a contest.
QueenTatooine chapter 27 . 10/5/2015
Very very interesting. I thought you did a very good job with all of the characters and staying true to who they were. I did notice that there wasn't much from Zoe in that story . Still a very good story.
Goodpie2 chapter 27 . 9/29/2015
I was tempted to say "Meh," as my final review. But I thought I'd spare you.

Quite a good story. The romance was a little rocky at the start, but you figured it out well enough.
Goodpie2 chapter 22 . 9/29/2015
I gotta say, you do get the Mal/Inara relationship right. The Rose/Ten stuff is getting better, too.
Goodpie2 chapter 14 . 9/29/2015
The relationship between Inara and Mal, on the otherhand, you've managed to nail. Good job on that. It's a tricky relationship to work with, I think. You have to have just the right amount of hate and anger, mixed with confusion, and acting like there's nothing there, with occasional bouts of honesty about the way they feel. It's very impressive to get it right.
Goodpie2 chapter 12 . 9/29/2015
That was totally out of nowhere. I mean, wtf? Is it just 'cause Rose is high on painkillers? Or was it just a forced way of driving a wedge between the Doctor and Rose?