Reviews for The Princess Bride
xenon3000 chapter 8 . 2/4
This is simply an excellent story. In "To Kill A Mockingbird", Atticus Finch said you never really understand a person "until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.". You did not merely stick me into Mia's skin. You plugged me into her central nervous system, and made me feel her apprehension. Because of your writing skill, I was riding a roller coaster while it was still under construction, and was not certain of a positive outcome until this point. The only way this story could have been better is if I had read it more slowly, perhaps reading each chapter one day at a time, elevating my empathy with Mia's plight to levels of pure psychological torture.

I like your sentence where Mia fears Michael might "throw the moon rocks I stole from the Royal Genovian Museum in my face", because you scheduled Michael and Mia's wedding on July 24th, the same day that the crew of Apollo 11 returned to Earth after making the first manned lunar landing on July 20th, 1969. July 20th has additional significance. On July 20th, 2012, the Australian Classification Board assigned The Princess Diaries Blu-Ray Combo Pack a PG rating for "infrequent mild coarse language". And then, sadly, on July 20th, 2016, was the day we learned of the death of the director of The Princess Diaries, Garry Marshall. Thank you for picking the perfect time window for this story. Have a nice day, and never stop writing. You have a gift, and you should cherish that gift forever.
emily chapter 8 . 3/2/2015
love it. Michael and Mia are one of my OTPs
emily chapter 3 . 3/2/2015
love it so far (the three chapters I've read but especially love when Mia stood up to Lily. That was epic!
AngelLuva chapter 9 . 9/2/2014
So well written! It was like Meg Cabot had written it, it was so in tune with the books. Lobed it :)
Annie chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Okay. So your fanfiction is PURE perfection! I mean... I loved it and it developed Michael's and Mia's relationship perfectly. You could do a sequel showing her and Michael with their own children. PLEASE! AT LEAST THINK ABOUT IT!
And FYI are you sure you are not Meg Cabot? Because this is PERFECT!
Guest chapter 9 . 2/18/2014
More more more moremoremoremore
PainterGurl chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
i think that if you will send this to meg cabot, she will definitely publish it cuz...
...it is AWESOME!
Guest chapter 9 . 8/14/2013
this was beautiful !
EmilyPaige10 chapter 9 . 3/17/2013
I really, really enjoyed this story! You did a fantastic job keeping the voice of Mia throughout the story. Keep up the good work! :)
Abbyreads chapter 9 . 12/26/2012
Reading this was like reading another PD book-you really capture Mia's crazy, and with the interspersed news article and itinerary, it was even more similar to the novels. A very enjoyable story, I hope you're writing a follow-up... :)
hellorocket chapter 9 . 12/9/2012
THIS IS SO SWEET! I can totally imagine Mia freaking out about the lost earrings :)
Totally a favourite!
Lisa Cooper chapter 9 . 11/29/2012
Thank you for story. I enjoyed it. L.
Jenni chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Oh My god!AWESOME chapter!
EverEverAfter1 chapter 9 . 10/19/2012
Are you sure this is not Meg Cabot writing under a Fanfiction username?

Because it feels like a PERFECT extension of the Princess Diaries series.

You carried it off so smoothly, with accurate details, and brought back blasts from the past in the best of ways.
This is exactly how I'm going to imagine Michael and Mia's wedding is going to be from now on. You really made an effort into making sure they followed royal protocol (the wedding timeline was a work of brilliance), and pulled off the plot masterfully.

I like that you made Mia sound grown up and dignified on the outside, while still keeping that slightly crazy, paranoid side on the inside. It's great to know that some things never change.
Michael's character was portrayed wonderfully well, and so was Lilly, Tina and Grandmere.

I don't how you did it, but you replicated Meg Cabot's style of writing so so well. I highly recommend you send this to her! It's THAT GOOD!

No flaws. Great job!
jjj chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
This is the best fanfiction I have ever read!