Reviews for The Real Thing
CuppaTea13 chapter 9 . 4/5
Ooooh. Drama. A dash of angst there. Oh, gosh. I'm interested to see how you're going to resolve this. I really like how you've got this story going. But right now Veronica and Logan's relationship seems a bit too perfect in some aspects- jealousy, for instance. We see Veronica get pretty jealous in the show, so I'm wondering why you choose to exclude that from this. Or maybe you're just saving it till later? I could see her not getting too jealous if she views her relationship with Logan as temporary until Lilly calls him back to her. I guess Veronica wouldn't be as invested in that case.
CuppaTea13 chapter 4 . 4/4
Ugh. Love this chapter. I just adore how you're writing Meg and Veronica's friendship- also, balancing the dialogue and description as well as keeping us updated as to what the gossip mill is up to. :D Excellent work.
CuppaTea13 chapter 2 . 4/4
Just wanted to drop a review since I found this story just today. First off- love the name. Not sure if it's an intentional reference to the song, but I love it regardless (I'm inclined to think it is). Also, I love how you're writing these characters- I think you've got them down, true to how they were portrayed but also with a few changes to show how different they might be if they had never come together when they were younger. I'm hoping to see some Lilly soon- I'm intrigued to see how you'll write her. Anyways- great start so far! Can't wait to keep reading!
C.Elder chapter 7 . 12/22/2014
I like your story.
not sure that I can see Keith Mars allowing his daughter ( as a freshman in high school, and then again as a sophomore) to date a boy who is a senior - whether they are valedictorian/starting qb or not. The age difference of 4 years- V would be 13 or 14, and these guys would be 18! and maturity, and it just seems really icky. As he is a strict father etc, he would want V to stick to her own age group. And within the high School hierarchy, a senior dating a girl 4 years younger would be viewed very poorly by his classmates.
irma66 chapter 30 . 11/12/2014
Very sweet and moving variation on LoVe.
FranckyDB chapter 30 . 11/10/2014
Thank you for your wonderful story. I really loved it

I'll look forward for another story of yours

Franckfrom Paris
Mirandaannw chapter 13 . 8/27/2014
I really don't understand how Lilly is the cheating and humiliating Logan but he's the one waiting for her to take him back. Emotionally messed up dude
New VM Fan chapter 30 . 6/18/2014
Well, I read this. The writing style is odd and stilted and you clearly don't care about punctuation. Some of the dialogue was well-written, but everyone is *very earnest*. I actually liked Marie's story as a back-drop to Veronica and Logan's relationship, but I kept waiting for Aaron to retaliate and bring some actual tension and conflict to the plot. You built that house fairly well and then abandoned it, only to weakly resolve it with Aaron's capitulation in the tacked-on epilogue. The on-again/off-again relationship between Lilly, Logan and Veronica was the part that kept me involved; I appreciated what you did with the emotional triangle, and Logan's struggle to know himself and his desires. Veronica is a little too Mary Sue, but this is AU. Overall, not bad.
dhh chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
OMG..HOW REPETITIVE can Logan and every be.. It's always the same, "I don't to hurt her/use her" etc. It's so annoying..URHG!

Also, what's up with the cancer patient or whatever..It doesn't make sense to have that or even fit that into the storyline..It's just ODD!
spk chapter 30 . 5/14/2014
Perfect epilogue! Fantastic story! :)
loventherussian17 chapter 30 . 4/16/2014
Love it
Guest chapter 18 . 4/12/2014
This story is so good it makes me emotional every time I read it. I love rereading this story!
Guest chapter 2 . 3/24/2014
I'm loving the plot and the banter is great. Small amount of con crit, you keep telling the reader what characters are thinking and how they react to X when you could be showing it. Showing instead of telling will give the emotion more emphasis.
jacksperluvr chapter 30 . 3/19/2014
I liked it a lot. I got so caught up in the story that I didn't want to put it down. I wanted to know what was going to happen next and how it was all going to work out.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/8/2014
You write the breakup in this story so well, it always affects me viscerally.