Reviews for Sharance
Andean Avocet chapter 1 . 11/13/2015
Huh, I have to disagree with that one reviewer down there. Well...

After all, when you think about Sharance, the first thing that come to mind is its quirky inhabitants. And as if the summary hadn't told the readers enough, this story is meant to showcase those bizzare quirks and only those. It's just living up to what it'd promised through the summary.

Though I must agree about Carmen, you should've made her comment about some fish-related thing more, even though she's among the saner townfolks she's still got her quirks.

Hmm... Being an Only Sane Man is a tough work, especially if the level of insanities of your comrades are cranked up to eleven. Nope, I don't see Micah as anything Marty Stu-ish here, he snarked just at the right time, and while he doesn't experience them much here, we've all been told quite enough about his past misery (the thing with Merian especially) and we who'd played the game couldn't even agree more.

I think this was entertaining (just like everyone else here) though as you can see, some don't really think so. It's just a proof that everyone had their own views over things. It's up to you to agree or disagree.

P.S. I want to point out that Daria suddenly took a sharp turn on her personality for a bit there. Her getting freaked out by Evelyn's choice of clothes material is just so... uncharacteristic of her. But I think that's the funny part of the whole scene. Either way, everyone are pretty much in-character, and Sharance status as a Cloudcuckoo land is finally remarked upon.
Mythology Rose chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
That was totally awesome! I wish I lived in Sharance.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
i was wondering when he would remember the "rainbow crazy girl"...i love this fanfic!
Ran08 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I love this story. I totally loved it. It was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, and the fact tht you never mentioned Raven here. But overall, it was good.

Although I do think you should've divided the story into chapters.
Sir Gigous chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Hello, I am Sir Gigous, here to review your one-shot.

I wasn't sure what to think when I first read your description. After all, the description itself is rather vague and, quite honestly, not very appealing. It sounded like yet another story filled with OOC rambling; especially due to its massive length. Needless to say, this story didn't stray far from those expectations.

But onto the actual review. First, allow me to start with the things you did well. For a story of this size, your grammar was surprisingly strong and consistent throughout the story. Not only were there few to no mistakes in the beginning, but there were few to mistakes throughout the entire story. The writing quality itself was fairly strong as well, even if there were a few things you could work on. Carmen's and Micah's personalities were also fairly dynamic and well thought-out, I suppose, even if Micah himself seemed a bit of a Marty Stu.

Despite having several strong points, however, there were several critical weak points which made this story a less-than-entertaining experience; the first being the characters. I fully realize that much of Rune Factory 3's cast has rather shallow personalities, but your characters' personalities, which is a critical component for this kind of story, felt very flat and two dimensional. It seemed that every character's personality fit under one of two descriptions:

- Characters were either obsessed with 'add niche here'

- Or characters were relaxed and friendly

For example, Daria's personality consisted of being obsessed with art and clues towards anything else. This in and of itself is fine, I suppose, but when one can describe Evelyn the same way except with fashion designing instead of art, Gaius with forging instead of fashion designing, Pia with squid instead of forging, Rusk with his dislike of vegetables instead of squid, and etc., the personalities begin to feel very dull and flat, not to mention that nearly every character sounded like they were having a sugar high. This leads me to another point: You severely overused exclamation points! With the exception of Micah's meeting with Carmen, over 2/3rds of the dialogue ended with an exclamation point! Even if what was being said didn't matter, if it wasn't a question it was an exclamation! And it was like that for nearly the whole story! It just got tiring after a while! A good saying to remember is that each period costs one dollar to use, but every exclamation point costs one million dollars to use. If you think like that, you'll realize that exclamation points should only be used on rare occasions. Anyway, that, combined with the flat personalities made the dialogue rather dull and boring. Even your attempts at humor didn't really prove entertaining.

This, once again, leads to another point: The story dragged on way too long. You can only listen to so much rambling and dull dialogue before the story gets boring. There were a few instances when the dialogue became interesting, but overall the story just seemed to ramble on way too long, not to mention that the interactions between characters felt really forced at certain parts. Why was Collette hiding squid from Pia when they knew she wouldn't mind them taking them? And why did Evelyn need to conveniently examine the iron so far away from Gaius? Everything just felt rather forced in my opinion, and thus the story just dragged on after a while.

Over all, this was a story that had potential, but fell flat due to its dull personalities and uninteresting dialogue. If you have nothing better to do, then I recommend checking this story out, but be warned that you'll probably need to take a couple breaks to avoid becoming bored.

-[Sir Gigous]-
TheMonsterGirl chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
This was really great! You potray the characters very well, I could practically hear Pia's fishing tyrade in the back of my head lol. And I just love how you brought up how Micha spends a lot of time *coughcough* with the all the other bachelorettes. I always feel like a bit of a cad when it comes time to marry up and he's already amassed an entire harem of lovesick village girls.

Rune Factory 3 is definitely my favorite out of the series, all the characters are just so quirky and fun (: So here's hoping to see more from you soon, I'd really like to see your take on his interactions with all the other characters as well :D