Reviews for Double Blind
palomino333 chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
It's funny, some fans interpret "Cara Mia's" playing on the main menu screen as a representation of Wheatley's lost love for Chell as he floats aimlessly in space, but that makes little to no sense, in my opinion. GLaDOS is the main focus of the game, her semi-lifeless form being the background for the main menu before the game is completed. This is her song, not Wheatley's, and a beautiful song, at that.

I like how even though you did write a more telepathic connection between GLaDOS and Caroline, Caroline's side is subdued. That makes sense, considering that Caroline was merely a base blueprint for the personality of GLaDOS. It was more of a bottom-up schematic, as opposed to a top-down.

Most importantly, I find it interesting that GLaDOS is possessive to an extent when it comes to Chell, and it even causes her to argue with a piece of her consciousness. It really is a nice callback to the lyrics of "Still Alive," when GLaDOS declares the tests involving Chell a "huge success." Chell had surpassed her expectations, although, of course, it ended in vicious way for GLaDOS at the end of the first game. Even so, she admits Chell's talents, and I'm not surprised that there is a little pride in having Chell as a test subject, which you have displayed as GLaDOS calling Chell her "daughter."
Hareyakana-Furizuz chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Zhang Fei sounds like a chinese word... which I'm one but I have no idea what it means... so do everything on my chinese test paper too.

Hooray for failing your own MT!
Sparky16 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Ewes gross fluffiness! I'm kidding of course. I loved this .
Josh Spicer chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
...Who the hell is Zhang Fei? And Derpy Pinkie brings smiles to Josh's face.

As for the story...it's your pretty basic run of the mill "GLaDOS the mom and Chell the daughter" thing that springs up now and again. But you've made it a continueum (probably spelt wrong) between your Portal stories that I can't help but like.

And indeed, fluffiness hurts one's BAMF scale. Mine's pretty much drained from two full days of My Little Pony. Seriously, I'm seeing ponies in my sleep it's that bad.
FeeptheNinja chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Aww... GLaDOS doesn't want to share Chell! :3

And I love the 'concise, mathmatical solution' that She'll just have to love Chell twice as much! Oh, GLaDOS, you just can't come right out and say you love her, can you? ;)
Mystic 777 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by the Zhang Fei... I have the sudden urge to google the name and find out who that is... A general from three kingdoms? Huh. While it might be interesting to have him go through Aperture testing... (but I digress)

A really sweet story. I love how torn you express GLaDOS. I also like how you keep her separate and a little begrudging of Caroline, it really keeps in character. Thanks for sharing this.
MM chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Yeah! Who the hell is Zhang Fei anyway? It was a hood story, who doesn't like some good fluff every now and then?
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Maybe cute. Maybe sweet. Maybe excellent.
did-you-reboot chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
You're giving me cavities here. Seriously. So...effing sweet...

I like the image of GLaDOS getting such heebie jeebies out of having feelings that she'd have to scrub herself with a wire brush. Ahaha.
PotterPhantomKitten chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Aaaaawww! FP that was like, one of the sweetest one-shots ever! I especially loved the ending, where GLaDOS decided that she'd have to love Chell enough for both herself and Caroline. And how she told her daughter to sleep well, that was just so cute!

I was wondering what was up with that Zhang Fei thing too (who IS that anyway?), but yay for Portal finally getting a character list!

Like all your Portal one-shots, I LOVE it! *faves*