Reviews for Homecoming
Mischief Tea chapter 22 . 7/24
I take it back. You floored me again. I'm crying a little bit.

"All three of us are Chang clan"... "We're Elrics"... my heart! These kids are gonna go far. I'm so proud of them. Which is irrational, I know. And also they are fictional descendants of fictional characters. But... they're SUCH GOOD KIDS! And this is a very real issue that... wow. You keep going like you're going little Al...

"Don't call me little!" ... oh yeah.

...called it. XD
Mischief Tea chapter 21 . 7/24
Wow. That was one helluva ride. An admirably executed exploration of one of many possible futures. :D I very much enjoyed it, and feel like I've gained insight not only into the characters and the mundane and fantastic workings of their world, but also life in general. I can't say that I know what mission you had in writing this, or if there even was one, but if you had any notions of making people think, and think deeply, then mission accomplished.

My trail of bookmarked research pages is also evidence of this. -_- I feel a bit as though I've gone backwards, though. How did I end up with more to read at the end of the story than when I'd begun? Haha - all for the greater good and understanding, right?

I really love how well-rounded your take on the characters and the whole FMA universe is. You hit everything: kids and politics and magic, education and cooking and sex, theology and culture, love, hate, betrayal, loyalty, and every other quality in some capacity. I would say I'm gobsmacked, but that was only true for the first 20 chapters. Now here I am finally getting comfortable with things and the story's over. :D Haha

Well, thanks so much for sharing all your hard work with the rest of us schmucks who like to sit around and read it. I wish for you the same and greater measures of joy that you've allowed these imaginary beloved people. May you live courageously to write another day!
Mischief Tea chapter 20 . 7/24
Honestly I kind of hope that no one else is ever brilliant enough to do what Al is doing. But again, it has so much potential for good. Ugh. What a conundrum.

One bullet dodged, or more accurately, left un-fired. Good going there, Prime Minister Mustang. And it's good to have Olivier somewhat mollified for the time being as well.
Mischief Tea chapter 19 . 7/24
There's just... so much going on in this chapter. I don't think I even have the emotional energy to comment on all of it. But... yeah. Good.

Ed jumping off the roof though. *facepalms to cover up lingering traces of gut-wrenching panic* Well, I guess some things don't change.
Mischief Tea chapter 18 . 7/24
Dammit I KNEW this was gonna happen the minute Ed left the city! The frustrating thing with Olivier is that, beyond all of the utter gut wrongness that comes with the idea of weaponized alchemy, I basically get where she's coming from. And really Al did know that this was a risk when he took the watch.

That said, the idea of forcing him into battle is just all-around horrifying.

And damn if Alphonse hasn't got nerves of STEEL facing down Fuhrer Olivia Mira Armstrong like that. Makes my heart freeze a little just thinking about it.
Mischief Tea chapter 18 . 7/24

That said, the idea of forcing him into battle is just all-around horrifying.

Mischief Tea chapter 17 . 7/24
Okay. I guess I have no choice. I must go read this fic you speak of.
(after I finish this one, though :D)
Mischief Tea chapter 16 . 7/24
I like little Al. And I have this niggling feeling that he's going to end up with a "littleness" complex a lot like his father's, if rather for a different reason. -_- Maybe between him and his uncle they can get everyone on a trend for Alphonse the First and Alphonse the Second. Al and Al Prime? Al Jr and Sr is a terrible idea, but what about "Big Al" and just Al? Haha. Okay I'm out of ideas. XD
Mischief Tea chapter 15 . 7/24
Why is it that somehow now I feel like I'm spending more time commenting on your author's note than the story? But, honestly! You just keep throwing these crazy curveballs of insight into your life like, oh, little things like choreographed combat training and knowing enough languages to sport double digits on top of all of the phenomenal writing and worldbuilding and I just... guh can I know you in real life? You're amazing.
Mischief Tea chapter 14 . 7/24
This whole chapter is just one big reality check. Yikes.
Mischief Tea chapter 13 . 7/24
Winry's enthusiasm for her work always has me looking up anatomy charts. I'm no longer certain at this point that it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that half of my knowledge of the mechanics of the human body came indirectly from FMA.

Of course, this could also just be a representation of how little attention I'd given it until now.
Mischief Tea chapter 12 . 7/24
Well, the Chinese at least legible enough for me to understand, anyway! Haha - and here I was all happy with knowing more than two, but... TWELVE languages? Holy crap! We should all aspire to be so accomplished!

(And dangit, Al, now I'm craving pakoras!)
Mischief Tea chapter 11 . 7/24
This is great! I have a weakness for political drama, truth be told. But it's rare to find something like this so well thought out in the realm of fanfiction! I've been enjoying every little weird detail.

Actually, if I ever get my butt in gear and end up writing some fic of my own, I might consider borrowing some of your bureaucratic infrastructure, with both permission and credit due, of course. It's just... as this angle of worldbuilding goes, I don't think I could do a better job of it. XD
Mischief Tea chapter 10 . 7/23
Damn, Ed. When'd you have to go and get so wise?
...No, actually, I know exactly when, but still it's different to see it so articulated.

And for the record, I think you're doing an excellent job writing the Elric family dynamic (kids and all). _
Mischief Tea chapter 4 . 7/23
I'm pretty much with Ed on this one. This whole premise scares the shit out of me.