Reviews for Homecoming
themusicalbookworm chapter 21 . 2/12
I've spent the entirety of today reading this fanfic and laughing/squealing/tearing-up when appropriate. Wow, I am so stunned. I kept telling my brother, "No, you don't understand. THIS FANFIC IS SO IN-CHARACTER AND SO WELL-THOUGHT-OUT THAT IT FEELS CANON."
I loved it! All the EdWin, Royai, AlMei. I'm a sap. Sucker for fluff. Oh my gosh. I loved the scene where Ed showed his scars to the class. I loved every moment where Al was questioning his own morality. That last scene with Roy and Riza lying in bed together. Ahh. I can't pick. This was so well done. I wish I could write you something that could convey HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS. You're such a talented writer and brilliant world-builder. The politics all made so much sense and were as thought provoking as those in the canon manga/anime.
My favorite thing when reading a fanfic is when I can hear all the dialogue in the character voices, and I truly was able to with this. It was, I think, the perfect fanfic. There was a perfect balance of everything. If you ever write a book with original characters, I know it'll sell. You're an outstanding writer. Thank you for creating this. 3
edwarrdelric chapter 4 . 12/15/2014
It was kind of shocking to find out Al became a state alchemist. if I were Edward I could imagine myself reacting the same way. also, investing himself in studying history and politics actually makes a lot of sense, with all that happened with the Homunculi.
edwarrdelric chapter 3 . 12/15/2014
I love moments with Riza and Al! the part about Ed still having nightmares though broke my heart...
edwarrdelric chapter 2 . 12/15/2014
I think the way Ed handled the press was actually great! it didn't feel like it was ooc, at all. sure, he sometimes has bad temper, but Ed knows how to handle situations, and you're writing this amazingly.
edwarrdelric chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
halfway through I wasn't really sure if I would like this story, but once the plot has been displayed you got me hooked! really excited to see what happens next. ;-)
Lisa Telramor chapter 17 . 7/17/2014
How do you manage to do politics so well? Really like this story. Thank you for writing it!
fullmoon'11 chapter 14 . 5/29/2014
Armstrong lessons? Lol, but Al doesn't have those pink sparkles just yet. Yet.
Sagacious Strix chapter 22 . 5/1/2014
I just finished reading this wonderful piece of writing and my first impression is that of awe. The political system seems very well planned out. I really couldn't imagine accomplishing something like that myself. The characters were very in character and I loved how you changed the point of view that the characters told the story from. Thanks for writing and I can't wait to read more of your work!
amyjpond chapter 22 . 4/2/2014
this is probably one of my favourite fma fics i've ever read; the world building, characterization, and general plot was so interesting and well done, it kept me enamoured the entire time. i won't lie and admit i shed a couple of tears on the bus while reading this fic over the duration of the week. amazing work!
Queenie13 chapter 15 . 11/11/2013
I must admit that I wasn't originally fond of Al/Mei, they just felt thrown together. Sort of 'pair the spares'. But you make it make sense. I can see how they would've gotten together realistically. Thanks for that :)
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 22 . 11/10/2013
nice, always sorta hate the bully hunter, because that makes them some ASWHOLES in a lot of ways.
cause really if the BULLY cant defend themselves at all against YOU well...
its messy.
nice with all the kids, all the dead peoples names is kinda cruel, but yeah.
MESSY. still nice end, would have ended witht he parents and all but nice.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 20 . 11/10/2013
smart work there, dislike how open Als new power is, but still NICE.
yeah Mustang already has enough things weighing him down in responsibilities to add THAT, love the bluff though, quite nice, quite nice.
and ahh, new blood I wondered why they were being stupid.
didn't really get Dramchmas threat when Oliva handled them well in hand WITHOUT any alchemists and shes desperate for MORE when she had barly really worked with any before but yeah.
a fun ending, quite fun.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 19 . 11/10/2013
nuclear ddetterence DOESNT work, especially when your the one holding all the cards, in this case if he did it, ti would be evil.
sure sympathetic reasons for it and all, but evil. and GODS are the Elrics unhealthy, if AL wanted to truly wanted to destroy the world and so long as it wasent Eds family there, hed probably HELP him or at least not condem him. Al is really oen fo the WORST people to have accesses to this kind of power, in stupid amounts and all.
I think you kept the chi and alchemy mixing to open ended, but still quit enice.
not sure if you handled Kimbley quite right there, but then its really not a world that they CAN interact with its like smoething lving on a omountain compared to the deps of the sea, they arnt apart of each others world and stuff.
Big softies, have no SPINE in them that would break if they tried to go to far past themselves, cause they can be sympathetic, and empathetic and be a BLEEDING heart and understand and feel so GUILTY, and they could go right on and do something cause they got to and its right and protect someone else cause im empathetic...
of ocurse over their life being to sensitive might leave themselves to dull, and to scar and all sorts of other things.
but GOD od they need some rules of war, acceptable targets and shit like that, cause kill them all at once leaves no chance of surrender and killing an entire city takes civillians and is just WASTEFULL in any time period of combat and YIKES.
and wow why wont you HELP me? GODS Al that's a sucker punch into some messy stuff.
still youg ot to get stuff out int he open and TALK aobut it, although Mustang would be the better person to talk to, that actually KNOWS, have the conversation with Lietenit Armstrong AND Mustang and all.
(do Homonculas count as deaths and stuff? do collateral that maby not with their BLOOD on your hands, but if I know over thos domino which knoks over that and that knoks over that and a wall fall on your head?
still funs tuff! interesting considerations, but theirs got to be some limit on stuff like that, cause hes only ever practiced on capturing like a FEW fish right? how int he hell will he be able to gather up hundreads allin an instant and do it QUICKLY and...
not the point I guess...
anyway fun story,Eds showing how fucked up he is and and Als sorta abusive in an odd light, but probably on accident.
hopefully.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 18 . 11/10/2013
Oliva isn't an alchemist and she really has no understanding of the art does she? she just sees a toll a weapon of sorts and shes DESPERATE. no truth in her, and from some of her earlier comments she didn't GET Ishvala in some ways at least int he beginning. probably a mistake to take the stone wall of Brigs out form under her... but YIKES is that a mess.
im a tad on both fences, ELrics positon on KILLING(NOT murder) is a tad shaky but all of them are desperate and awkwardly horrible things in their fights...
Ed was a civillain type, he FOUUGHT but he was more akin to a cop of sorts with alto of the fighting
while Mustang... HE like ALphones has the power to destroy a city, and hes had it for a WHILE now, and he has MORE control AND weather wont stop him anymore.
luck traps and surprises are really the only way you can get either of them.
but stil goes back to what I said, Olivia have the BEST experience of what all GOOD soldiers have in the best of conditions, saving the country and fighting against for what was RIGHT while Mustang has had some of the WORST and a lot more subfurge and spy and daggers and shadows to deal with.
but GODS do they got some akward issues. some connecting is part of it I think. only there IS no way to SHARE really.
and yeah the lineage of the Armstrongs... well both of them have a sister right?
perhaps that's their secret, one person to have a good normalish life and continuing the line while the others go on EXPLOITS AND GRAD STORIES OF THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS which COMPLETLY sqrew them up and all.
still good people just don't GET IT. in alots of ways, I cant think that Dramchma WANTS to force alchemists back into the field and get them DESPERATE seriously that be just suicidal when their is still combat trained Alchemist around, should wait a generation for them all to kick the bucket and THEN move in.
Sage of wind Dragons chapter 11 . 11/10/2013
I LIKE the poloticts right here, as well as the detail over everything.
and ROy being still injured and everything? quite nice, got to love him sqrewing with Olivia , like that everyone is messed up ALOT the philosophers tone while powerful and MANY is a HORRIBEL price to use,s o fix the eyes? make sure his man can walk again? fine
fix some issues witthe hands? no, make it so you have no pain in your legs? no.
quite nice right there, really with all the stuff with a lot fo the ALL of them should be crippled a lot more. ALOT
Fullmetal when he got implaed, did he actually fix that up correctly?
like that its four essentially power players here, ESPECIALLY after the Homonculus have been overthrown its got to be a BITCH to try and fix things up, especially when your country is a perfect circle and has ONLY other countries surrounding it, meaning that NO places with any reprieve of a big ocean or a huge river or something.
liked RIzas position, it makes sense that theyd work it a lot better and stuff. her actually working makes alot more sense.
still this two people in charge of the government is sorta... messy, sure it will work with Olivia and Mustang but, that's going to be an ISSUE later in the future for later in the life of the government.