Reviews for Half a Chance
Teobi chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
**HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THIS?** Bad Teobi. O.O I might have to put you on Author Alert, young lady!

To make up for it, here's a list of things I loved about half A Chance:-

. Your description of Scott entering the bar in Montana, and double bonus points for Montana itself, a place I'd love to visit.

. 'He tried to picture his brother, telescope in hand, dressed in a cowboy hat, boots, and chaps but found he couldn't.'- *jumps excitedly up and down* I can! I can!

. Your description of John at seventeen, 'scrawny and delicate looking with arms that were slightly too long for his body and a face that seemed so open and frightened.' Awwwwww! Very touching.

. How you've loosely connected it to your Scott/John story in Growing Up TBirds where John's scared of losing Scott and Scott says he'll always be there, no matter the distance between them.

. The fact that things don't always go to plan, and Scott did indeed lose touch. :(

. Your description of John, present. 'Scott was certain that this man was his brother. There was the same far away feeling about him. The same feeling that, if you didn't hold onto him tight enough, John would simply disappear.' -That's exactly how I feel about him, and it's lovely that you see him the same way.

. John, perfectly unsurprised that Scott has turned up out of the blue after seven years. "Gordon called you."

. Jeff's anger, and the fight he had with John. A lot of writers don't like Jeff being portrayed as ever angry, or using his temper against his sons. But why wouldn't they all get angry with each other as the boys became men? It's wholly believable that there's be incredible anger and resentment building up.

. The revelation that John had had a wife and daughter killed in an accident! O.O Did not see that one coming at all!

Well- that was very unexpected. And certainly a good reason for Scott going all the way out to Montana and dragging his brother back home. Poor John! He would surely have drank himself to death if not for his family staying so worried about him even when he didn't want them around. I'm glad he's going home, but not glad that it took such tragic circumstances for it to happen. Poor guy.

Tx
bubzchoc chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
great story
zeilfanaat chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Woah. That's so sad. Great story though. Thanks for sharing! Sequel/continuation please?
Bek-K chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
This is a really good start! I'm looking forward to reading more...that is, if you're planning to keep going. :)

Keep up the good work!