Reviews for What's In A Kiss?
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Excellent! If only she'd just told him right off and then we could have had All There Is Left, instead of the S2 canon annoyances... :)
luvgoround chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
So glad you finished that scene when she went to her room after talking to her mother. I imagined her feeling just the way you have here in this story. Cloud 9 - recalling everything about Matthew - and the fact that she realized that he knew her better than anybody, how comforting that was for her. It's too bad she was second-guessing herself all the time - for such a strong-willed lady who "knew her mind" - she didn't really. She needed Matthew to give her that anchor. Ironically, he comes across at first as being easily impressed or led, but you find out pretty quickly in the story, he's not such a pushover. I'm glad they wrote him like that. It's just he was so sensitive, he knew he loved her right from the beginning. Funny how Mary was so undecided and he knew his heart.
Tooblind chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Loved it. It made me all giddy. I've been looking for a piece written about that scene. I couldn't believe they cut away from that scene. I wanted so much more. Could we possibly get the actual proposal and Matthew's thoughts?
Ruth chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Loved it.
wantobekate chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
This was just lovely! I'm never very good at leaving detailed reviews, but in this case, that is all there really is to say! I can't fault it at all.
silverducks chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Ahhh, this is so sweet and lovely. I love how Mary reflects on the kiss with Matthew and your nice excuse to describe what happened next in that scene - which finished farrrr too soon in the show!

I really enjoyed watching her thoughts evolve as she remembered it and how the business with Pamuk got in the way of her happiness.

Very well written and you certainly don't need to worry about writing things from Mary's perspective.
AriadneO chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Awww, this was a lovely reflection. I love the quiet power of the piece, the way you so perfectly captured that exquisitely beautiful moment when you realize you love someone and, even better, they love you as well. Mary's reflections, plus the flashbacks, are so sweet and wonderful and I do love that she thinks about Pamuk and reflects on her need to be honest, but allows herself one evening to put him aside to enjoy her moment. The ending saddened me, especially knowing what comes, but I think you hit all the right notes here.
bookwormgrl chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
A delightful story! The flashback scene to their kiss gave me goosebumps - and I loved the insight into the slow realization that Mary comes to regarding her feelings for Matthew. A beautiful mixture of bittersweet happiness for this flawed but fascinating character. Thanks for taking another crack!
EOlivet chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
(Once again, I had no clue you were posting on ! I fail! :p Therefore, an attempt at an entirely different review!) I do love the simple revelations going on in Mary's head here - one would think she would've been so clouded with emotion from the evening to really contemplate it until she was alone: LOVE the idea that she's sort of looking herself in a new way, wondering how he might see her, LOVE the idea that the fact that she loved him just slipped out, like it was the most natural thing in the world and that the idea makes her so happy. :D This is such a lovely sentiment, expressed so beautifully (and I add again: hotly!) - what a joy to read! :) (and again: ep 6 makeout now my personal canon ;) You're so amazing, so please keep writing! :D
TheSingingGirl chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Lovely. It's a darling little fic, with a darling little moment for Mary, and just the faintest little shadow of prophesied angst. You draw a very clear picture of Mary at her mirror, and I can imagine her very well as she thinks of him.

This really makes me want to write up my AU fic about her telling him about Pamuk... Thank you for the inspiration!

TSG
Epea Pteroenta chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
This is honestly one of my favourite things that you've written. It is unashamedly romantic (would they really have kissed so passionately on that occasion? I don't know) and sweet, but it's also so sharply observed of Mary's character and feelings. I think you have her down to a tee, and I really felt my understanding of the scene expanded through reading this. I loved her growing realisation that it was *Matthew* that it had happened with, and also her thoughts on marriage and the difference between getting married and having a husband (if that makes sense). Reading this, I feel all of Mary's excitement and love and amazement and I LOVE IT. Brava!
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Thank you for this elegant piece,and most of all for lifting the veil on Mary's emotions. The way you show her realisation of all that Matthew means to her is quite beautiful and makes me long to see their reconciliation. I have quite softened towards Lady Mary after reading this.