Reviews for Cages and Barriers
TheHaloFreak chapter 12 . 2/10/2014
Great story! The whole Barbara thing was just really upsetting for me. It was tragic. And poor Irene, it makes total sense to me that she would name her kid John without him having to be Mitchell's. it was great to see how Mitchell evolved from big bad John to the character we know and love from the show! You did a great job with Herrick, his lines had me shivering and disturbed as ever.
MancVamp chapter 12 . 8/4/2011
Aw...It's finished! What a great story and, yes, a great final chapter. Gotta love Seth! Really, really enjoyed it! Thanks again and I hope it won't be too long 'til you start a new one!
MancVamp chapter 11 . 8/4/2011
*sob* Oh that was sooo sad! Didn't see any of that coming! So beautifully written! Brilliant! Thank you!
Evie27 chapter 12 . 8/2/2011
That was a very satisfying resolution to an epic story. The glimpses of the beginning of the Mitchell we know. The dangerousness of BBJ laid bare. And sometimes I worry about you - you write Herrick far too well, are you channelling him somehow? He's just fantastic!

The next time he eats it will be for food, not sport or circumstance. I wonder...
SAINTIXE56 chapter 12 . 8/2/2011
So happy the WW siblings recognized each other and that Mitchell was sensible enough to free them. From the beginning it was obvious Barbara fate was to leave the scene, another victim. As for Irene and her husband, please, do not think the Gods play in your hands. If thet want they can have Mitchell souls inhabiting as many bodies as they want! So will it be the end? Who knows. Lovely tragedy. Nobody won but the predators...
Ruby Rosetta Red chapter 12 . 8/2/2011
Am sad that Barbara met that kind of end even if it was 'off screen'. I liked her, i liked the relationship that she had with Mitchell and i like your thought that she could've been a proto-Josie. I also liked this nudge on Mitchell's burgeoning conscience too.

I've really enjoyed reading this fic, thanks for sharing it with us :)
aquamarine-jo chapter 12 . 8/2/2011
Beautifully done - I can hear them all in my head, both the Mitchell and Herrick we know as well as your own characters!

Love the fact that you brought in the transformation back from WW to human (that is noticably lacking in BH) and also that Cerys woke before Gareth, as Nina does before Goerge

And I have to ask - what's next?
toniannmh chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
Much as I hate it ending this was a good wrap up. All the bits and pieces that make up the complex character of the John Mitchell/BBJ that we both love and hate are here.
Araminta Lupin chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
So much to enjoy in this chapter - it seems that Mitchell's thoughts have been directed by so many people: Irene, Barbara, Cerys and Gareth - on their own they wouldn't be strong enough to pull him in a different direction, but now he's seen the possibilites, it sets the tone nicely for his meeting with Josie only a decade later and the choice he makes. Very well done - thoroughly enjoyed it!
SunnyFla chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
How does something so tragic provide satisfaction, and a quiet relief? By being so well written. Very well done.

I am sorry Barbara and her grandparents had to die, but it fit so perfectly. And a spot of redemption for Mitchell even at the risk of Herrick's wrath.

Most definitely see the "thread" to our modern-day three, and Josie...and so plausible.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you for writing it, and writing it so well.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/1/2011
I really love the story and while I won’t get into any spoilers (save them for twitter DMs), you made me very happy. You tied up all the loose ends and left just enough mystery for the future. Nice to think these events do stir something within Mitchell and that helps to explain how he comes to be the vampire that he is when we meet him many years later in LT’s world. Also interesting to wonder if, some day, Mitchell does learn the truth about what Seth has done. Well done and thanks for a great story.

P.S. I did also enjoy your side notes. Always fun to read your comments about what you’ve been writing and thinking. Thanks for sharing.

TechnTea
toniannmh chapter 11 . 7/31/2011
This is truly horrific, no wonder BBJ turns into kinder, gentler John Mithchell. LT really should have you on staff.
Araminta Lupin chapter 11 . 7/31/2011
My heart is in my mouth - please update soon! So glad M had somewhat of a 'change of heart' about wws by the time he met George!
Araminta Lupin chapter 10 . 7/31/2011
Is it wrong of me to laugh so much at Herrick? You have given him some brilliant lines in this chapter – “She had brains, did Mrs Griffiths." He regarded the bat quizzically and poked at the end with a finger. "Actually, most of them seem to be on here now."
SunnyFla chapter 11 . 7/31/2011
NOOOOooooooo! NOOOOOoooooo! Where the heck is Lauren when you need her?

You. Are. Killing. Me.

and may I just say - Herrick!

You're publishing the next now, right? As in Right Now. And there is more than one more coming, right? Right? RIGHT?