Reviews for Pamuk and Kamal
zoe alice chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
My favorite line: "To think that the person I was three days ago would have dealt with it calmly."
jadeandlilac chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
This is really well done. I love seeing different treatments of this incident, and I think yours is very true to Mary's voice and character. I think if she was ever going to let out her feelings in some way, it would certainly be on paper, at least at first. And I like that you capture the difficulty of confessional writing-the actual writing of it, especially. It's not like Mary was blogging, where editing is so simple and easy and where we all have this automatic, internal editor. Writing by hand is so different, so much harder, and you portray it really well with the fragmented sentences. Keep writing!
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This is fab, thanks so much for sharing!

I love how Mary's frustration comes across in the broken lines. It rings so true.

And I really love her separation of 'the facts' - that she can look at coldly and accept - and how it makes her feel, what it means to her.

Brilliant!
Silvestria chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Oh this was a very powerful piece! Mary's voice comes over very clearly, as does the setting of the piece which is always important in1st person things. It is an outpouring but still very much her- I like how she is so much more coherent when not trying to address the issue directly, and yet she doesn't shirk from confronting it head-on, as much as she is able.

I hope you write more M/M stories, because you're so good at it!
EOlivet chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
My goodness, this was so affecting...I think the idea that she can't finish sentences (and all the fragments she writes) are very true to character. :) I can totally see her wanting to write it down and get it all out and just...not being able to. Almost a stream of consciousness piece (especially talking about the governess and sort of...talking around the subject). You can almost see how she talks herself into romanticizing it with the use of his first name...wow. Totally thought-provoking and well-written - thank you so much for posting! :) Please keep writing! :D