Reviews for Renegade Reinterpretations
Anderfail chapter 24 . 5/10
You gave the Alliance two technologies it didn't have during the war and then took them away by having them sign it away in a peace treaty? I don't think you understand how cease-fires have worked in the past. That isn't give and take, that is literally giving up a fundamental function of human civilization. It isn't just dumb on the part of the humans to sign such a document, it's outright suicidal.

The story took a steep nosedive in this chapter with the sheer depth of humanity's idiocy. It feels like you only did this solely so that the Mass Effect games could play out in an identical manner. Horrible decision and absolutely immersion killing.
Anderfail chapter 20 . 5/10
Slaves are endemic to Batarian civilization. I don't say it too often, but there is basically no such thing as an innocent Batarian. So long as you casually support the use of slavery, you are not an innocent. There is no justification that can make you not an innocent because you do not have the option of claiming ignorance. It does not matter if you have never seen a human slave, you have certainly seen slaves from other species, which means that you are no different.

The only innocents here are maybe the colony worlds of other species.
Mightier Than The Sword123 chapter 1 . 5/9
By the time I finished reading this story, I didn't want Shepard to save humanity from the Reapers anymore.
Sunshine's Armageddon chapter 1 . 4/13
One thing I hate about the council is war is inevitable no matter how hard you try to have peace it won't last forever
M chapter 70 . 2/25
Hats off to you, sir/madam.
M chapter 67 . 2/25
One gameplay element I would suggest is a reward/dilemma for players that complete the fight sequences quickly. Were the player to finish a segment within a certain time, they could have the remaining time to assist one of the other groups, with the effect of preventing a single Wound, or rescuing the Tech Specialist with only a Wound instead of outright death. On each difficulty, this time threshold would have to be challenging for a skilled player to beat in order for it to feel to feel like an actual reward. However, even if the threshold is passed, the player would still have only the remaining time to choose which position to support, and then to go do so. If the player runs out of time while choosing, or dallies in providing support, both relevant characters would suffer a Wound (or die) as normal. Doesn't apply to assassins, scientists, or boarders.

This could allow more unharmed personnel to hold the line, which would allow for the possibility of holding for the time Shepard would need and then performing a fighting retreat to continue to cover the return party, which might allow the Vanguards to survive. This would probably call for the selection of a third Team Leader, whose suitability would determine the survival chances of the Vanguards.

As an aside, I'm completely convinced that Kasumi, on her person at all times, has a pair of breaching charges for the day her stealth doesn't help her exfiltrate. A good thief tries to always have an exit plan. In this scenario, this would lead to burns and possible disfigurement by her own explosives, and a narrow escape from the cooling flush, leaving her Wounded for further consideration, but without the no-save-allowed death that the others would get. But my only quibble is my own headcanon, and I must applaud your consistent rationale.

I would have lost Legion in the vents, used Garrus as Team Lead 1, Jacob as Team Lead 2, given the lab to Mordin, sent Tali to board the ship, walked with Miranda, lost Thane to the assassination, lost Samara and Okeer to Vanguard duty, and fought with Kasumi and Grunt.
Guest chapter 70 . 10/12/2017
The fail for base to alliancewill also result in a massive war that the council races will probably eventually lose.

Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 62 . 10/12/2017
there are no AY-problem solving upgrades because that would be against Asari religion.
Guest chapter 61 . 10/12/2017
I disagree with the 'uninvolved' batarians point.
Their race enjoys the slavery system they set up and farmed humans for decades upon decades and the whole of the hegemony profited.
If you go back and write about insurgents/rebels that oppose the common batarian plans for the humans then I might be inclined to agree but now they are guilty if not by active participation then by implied and active encouragement of the atrocities against the humans during the batarian golden age.
Guest chapter 57 . 10/12/2017
where is masshammer 4k?
I wanna read it.
Guest chapter 51 . 10/12/2017
Like with the thorian multiple nuclear back up plans would be in place I imagine.
Guest chapter 34 . 10/12/2017
But isn't the reason Humans don't know peace because the council races do not find it necessary to declare war?
And thus peace cannot be declared either?
Guest chapter 23 . 10/12/2017
Well fuck that councillor.
People getting angry because their associates die because they are in the military should be shot on principle.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/12/2017
But we simply followed the adage of do unto others like you would like them to do onto you.
As in they attacked our homeplanet now we can attack theirs.
As in they harvested us for neigh on 100 years now let us harvest them.
The problem is they have the same technological level as us so first we have to bomb them back to the stone age, fair right?
Q.Q chapter 21 . 10/12/2017
Ever considered a first contact like in the Quake games (discounting Quake 1 for obvious reasons) and then after years/decades of fighting they finally make contact with the mass effect universe.
In this case the Strogg having colonies and the planet in Quake 4 only being like a minor colony.
Ever considered a story like that?