Reviews for Time Has Come Today

Can't wait for part 2
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Dean was strong, smart

Yes he is...

When Sam first walked, it was straight into Dean's waiting arms.

Oh, boys, just adore that image.

Great you had Sam running the water like the Falls. Trying to hide his illness from John.

Totally in charecter Sam and John! Exactly how I like to picture John. A good Dad in the midst of termoil and his own brand of hell.

Dean's Sammy radar/ Mohter hen mode - spot on! Most excellent!

John nodded – as he had the first time she had told him – and swallowed the emotion that always resurfaced whenever he thought about her; whenever her words would drift to him in a whispery echo, as though he would turn and see her; his Mary.

Guh. So good. Poetic.

Also, your attention to detal staggers.

Teh flecking yellow paint off the bathroom door...the lighting...sound...taste...touch...you got it all in...smooth not choppy.

Sam's 'polite rejection' Ugh...girl you know where to hit hard don't you.

And...and...and...so much more I could say about this piece...

But wait...there is more! And free too! I thought this was a one shot!

Yahoooooo...Yippie-ki-yay!

Take care,

Karen
Madebyme chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
You know I completely agree with you, there aren't that many awesome John fics around, that's why when I find one I always know I'm going to enjoy it.

I think you did a great job with John as he recognises his failures, making sure that he's there for Sam now when he's sick. It was so nice to see the softer fatherly side of his character shine through.

I love the line about Mary knowing that Sam was different to Dean and John needed to be gentle, it was such a small snippet but it really stood out for me.

I'm looking forward to more now that Dean's back. Take care, Abbi
AndThenBigBangHappened chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Thank you for the awesome story...the summer hiatus is killing me!

I'm excited for the next chapter :) :)
AlwaysTardy chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Love it! Can't wait for more! Thank you!
okayokayokay chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Awwwww, THIS. I love it! Poor miserable sick Sammy. I love that John is the one there to take care of him, and I also love that there's gonna be more because I didn't want it to end:) Lovely job!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
What a totally awesome story. I loved how Dean knew before he even left that Sam was getting sick. I couldn't help but grin when he actually gave John the third degree over the phone.

But you know what my favorite part of the stroy was...John taking care of Sammy. He was so tender with the kid for a change. How wonderful to see him telling Sam that he shouldn't be embarrassed, that a stomach virus could even kick his ass. And just the thought of John leaning against those pillows with Sam tucked to his side and Sam's head resting on his chest...I must say I absolutely loved that. I kinda hated to see Dean get back because I want more of John and Sammy!
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
AAWWWWW That was sweet. I'm really curious to see what Dean's going to do when he finds out that his precious little brother was sick just like he said he was. I hope he's not too hard on John cause John was really good with a very sick Sammy. I cannot believe I'm sticking up for John since John was never my favorite character. However he was really awesome in this. Poor little Sammy is so sick. Those stomach bugs are like the worst things ever. I loved how at forst Sammy was trying to hide the sounds of his sickness by running the water in both the sink and the shower. Bless the babie's heart. Anyway I'm pretty excited to see what Dean does so I'm waiting for the update. One little question and please don't take this the wrong way. I'm dying to know what happens in another one of your stories. Are you going to update "Zepp" pretty soon too? I love that one!
Jane88 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Really girl, that's totally awesome! I also adore John and seeing him so caring and emotional is just perfect. I think you got him just right, hesitant at first, not knowing what to do and if Sam would really want his help. But in the end I think he did a great job as a dad here. :)

And this one: "...and thinking Bobby Singer was full of shit when he had predicted that Sam would one day be bigger than John and Dean." that was just hilarious.

I certainly enjoyed it, made me smile! Can't wait to see what Deans reaction will be with finding them curled around each other on the bathroom floor.

And don't worry, even though I'm dying to read more on your other stories, I agree with you that you have to listen to your muse. :)
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Perfect start to this story. You have John and Sam's relationship spot on. Could see how John wasn't comfortable when he first realised Sam was sick as the role of carer was alien to him as Dean was always there to tend to his youngest. Loved though how John relaxed into the parent role, comforting Sam as he continued to throw up, and Sam, thoroughly miserable, overcame his embarrassment at being sick in front of his father and leaned into his comfort. Both of them needed this so much. Sam must be sick to not have woken at the sound of the Impala but not surprised John did. It will be interesting to see if Dean takes over or if John will want to stay where he is, but think both will be guided by Sam's reactions. Just hope it is only a stomach bug Sam has and not something worse.

Loving this story and looking forward to the final part.
NetMyne01 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Loved it! So few caring John stories out there, this was a gem to read! Can't wait for the second part!
Lilithakaducky chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Like you I adore awesome John. Besides, so much was unresolved between Sam and him in the series. Sam doesn't get many bonding moments outside of those with Dean. Great to find stories like yours. Thanks for this:-)
TendoSky chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Omgosh! I thought this was a one-shot, so when I got to the end I was like... o.o Then I read the note and everything was all better... well, almost all better. I think I just wore out the F5 button. Ah well, it should be use to me abusing it.

This was great. There's not enough fics out there that show off John's paternal side. It's tucked away under all those gruff hunter instincts, but still there.

And about the first author note, the part about writing a new 'one-shot' while you still have other stories to update. Well, while I do look forward to those updates, I have to say, as long as you're writing, I'm happy! 3
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »