Reviews for Gilbert Beilschmidt, Private Eye
Harrenwolf chapter 12 . 6/7/2015
Fantastic. The humour, plot, and characterization a are amazing. There was scarcely a moment where I wouldn't be laughing or smiling while reading. Throughout this whole fic (which I finished in half a day), there is only one very minor thing I'd like to bring attention to. The line "I'm supposed to trail some friend of Romano's wife." confused me quite a bit, as I thought it meant Romano's wife's friend, as opposed to Romano's friend's wife. Aside from that little detail, it was fantastic and I will most certainly be stalking Gilbert Beilschmidt, Ace Detective at some point within the next few weeks.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/7/2015
"Don't know where that came from but I'm just going to roll with it."

I don't know why, but that line was PERFECT. Somehow. It was either on point characterization, resonated with me, or something. Anyhow, it had me laugh/shriek/donkey braying as I awkwardly flailed around. Not to say that the rest isn't funny, of course. The whole fic (minus the little bit of angst) had me smiling, if not outright laughing. Fantastic characterizations and quite the intriguing plot, as well.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/7/2015
Gay or European bwahahaha XD Here I am, standing at the train station making the weirdest faces while trying hard to not burst into spontaneous laughter. Fantastic humour and characterizations .
Guest chapter 12 . 12/17/2014
This did Prussia so much fucking justice! You wrote his narrative so spot on damn. Also loved those PruAus moments! Ughh my OTP yo! I love this fic and I'm happy and sad to read its end.

Continue being awesome author!
MF chapter 12 . 3/16/2014
I absolutely love this story and I cannot wait for the sequel. The dark, shady setting really set the scene for this detective story.
Even though the pairings are not exactly my favourite, you managed to convince me to like them better. Well done!
Guest chapter 12 . 10/25/2013
Danke!
Made my day!
violonforte chapter 12 . 10/18/2013
I really love the comedy and the dynamics you've set up between these two - they're really adorable together! Even if slightly OOC, but then I don't think the comedy would work as nicely if the personality fits like rubber. .;

Great job! I loved this fic, and found myself laughing way too often and too loud. Kudos!
Blazing Ace chapter 12 . 4/30/2013
Oh MAH Goo'ness! I LOVED THIS STORY!
Blazing Ace chapter 7 . 4/30/2013
THIS STORY IS AWESOME!
Gilbert Winchester chapter 12 . 9/8/2012
This story reminded me of why I love PruAus. It was refreshing and in-character, hilarious and dramatic. It had the perfect mix of all things. You really know how to weave a story. I feel like I just got done watching a movie, in all honesty. This was great. I hope to see more from you in the future!
Kaien Kuran chapter 12 . 6/2/2012
This was amazeballs! I've never read a multi-chapter all the way through in one night. This was just too amazing to stop reading though. You got all the characters down really well and my heart opened up a lot more for Gilbert. His tone in this was great and the jokes were hilarious. I've nearly fallen out of my chair more than once because of my laughter over this. Awesome story, epicness.

I also wanted to mention how good Ice Ice Baby was. I used it as a reference during a roleplay I was in as Roderich. You're a great writer and frankly, I hope I'm able to write a fanfic half as good as this especially one about them [they're my favorite Hetalia pair]. Anyway, epic story I really hope you write even more. KTHXBAI :-D
otakunerd1 chapter 12 . 5/12/2012
OMG I LOVED THIS YOU CAPTURED GILBERT PERFECTLY! CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED WITH THE SEQUEL! I DON'T EVEN SHIP THIS PAIRING USUALLY! KEEP WRITING!
bittersweet-endings-2214 chapter 11 . 11/6/2011
In fact, I'm favoriting you. As an author. Because of this. YEAH.
bittersweet-endings-2214 chapter 12 . 11/6/2011
This...

This story...

Made my LIFE. I love you. Can we get married? Oh god please? I'm way underage but I will love you long time. QuQ I must favorite this 80000000000001000 times nao
xStatice chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Dear BonsaiBabe,

first of all I probably need to thank you and very much at that, too. I've been RPing as Prussia for about one and a half years now, I adore him and I love him and I've always enjoyed writing this character very much. However, real life's a bitch and recently I've been stuck with a very bad case of writer's block, bad enough that I got close to losing my character. It just so happened that a few weeks ago I literally stumbled across this story of yours and, well, I read it all in one go. Your characterization of Gilbert is amazing! The whole story is amazing. You actually made me very concious of my own style of writing and especially my way of portraying Prussia, although my fellow RPers insisted that both was just fine. Still, what happened was this: while I of course very much enjoyed reading your fanfiction (it is hard not to, really) I slowly started thinking about my writer's block and why I had it in the first place. I've never even had a real writer's block before, which made it all the more frustrating and losing Prussia was just not an option for me. Somewhere between being slightly depressed and awfully angry at myself, I finally figured out what exacty bothered me so much about my current situation that I found myself unable to RP as my favourite character. I suck at writing Prussia, it's that easy, really. Well, okay, I don't generally suck, I just fail really hard at staying in character as soon as it comes to more serious situations and since the main RP is based on HetaOni there are a lot of serious moments in the story. But meh, I'm sorry, I'm rambling on and on and on ()“ My point being is: you made me realize what I was unhappy about and realizing my flaws helped me a lot. In fact, shortly after realization hit me, I was all the more determined to RP Prussia. I could literally feel his awesomeness guiding my fingers while I got reaccustomed to writing him, so to say. In fact, I can happily claim that I more or less defeated that goddamned writer's block and while progress is slow I still feel happier about my overall characterization of Prussia now. So, thank you very much for unknowingly helping me :)

Secondly, you made me fall in love with PruAus... Now, how to explain THAT to my dear Hungary? (I need to get rid of that frying pan before I tell her, I really do!)

Thirdly and lastly, I originally created this account for the sole purpose of contacting you. I didn't even plan to review, to be honest, I wanted to PM you but since you apparently need to be registered for a certain amount of time before you are allowed to send PMs, this will just have to suffice. Why I wanted to contact you? Well, of course because you are made of win and your stories are as awesome as Prussia himself ;) But really, I also wanted to make a special request or an offer to you, depending on which way you look at it. I would very much like to be allowed and translate your story into my native language (German) and publish it on 's German equivalent (fanfiktion{dot}de). I know, this request is a little sudden and it may even strike you ass odd but, well, this is just one of the best stories I've been reading in this archive so far (and I've been reading anonymously for about four years), also seeing as it helped me develop my own portrayal of Prussia it bears an even higher personal value for me. I would just love to share this story with my friends and fellow German Hetalia fans because I know a lot of them will be too conscious about their English skills to even try and give this story a chance. I do not intend to take any credit for this story (that would be hard anyways, wouldn't it? Seeing as you do, in fact, understand the German language), I just want to make an awesome story available to even more persons :) Depending on how confident you are about your German I would also offer you to translate the translation's reviews into English (although a „decent German“ should be sufficient. I mean, you know what a normal review is like. „Yay, great story, continue please :D“ It's not really that different in German xD).

It would make me really happy should you at least think about my offer and it would of course make me even happier should you accept it, but I won't be mad if you would prefer me not to translate your story (I mean, fanfictions ARE like babies, kind of).

Well, that's it for now, I've been rambling on for way too long, anyways. Again, I love your stories and your style of writing and portraying the characters! Once you have decided on whether or not to accept my offer, please tell me, I won't pressure you, though, take all the time you feel you need to make this decision :)

Greetings and a good evening,

xStatice