Reviews for A New Player: Year Three: Mists of Lies
CFarmerlady chapter 19 . 11/23/2014
I finally figured it out. I had to go back and read it over, and do some research, and I finally figured it out! I've never actually read anything about him before, so what history you come up with for him later will really be interesting. Obviously he was at least wounded by the Necromancer, if not killed, and he was sent back for some reason. I wonder how long the Darkness Slayer's been bumping through history? Anyway, I'm going to reread the rest, and I'll post another comment later. Great work!
HanLaw0086 chapter 19 . 11/13/2014
I was truly hoping for a divergence from Canon so bad.
But other than that the store was very excellent
HanLaw0086 chapter 7 . 11/13/2014
I seriously thought the Fox was gonna let him in and give them the password so we can kill or get petter
HanLaw0086 chapter 6 . 11/13/2014
I would not have thought that his Boggart would have been the witch King but something like it but the more I think about the scar it makes more sense
SonOfLupa chapter 6 . 8/14/2014
Is it just me, os is Nott a little *too* interested in Fey? Its just seems kinda creepy... and the whole sliding his "injured" arm under the table in potions, then Fey jumping, makes me think he grabbed his leg.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/7/2014
I love the story so far. I love the character Faykan as well.
CFarmerlady chapter 6 . 12/11/2013
As a note, I generally read all of a story which is available before reviewing. Getting snapped at for it won't encourage me.

However, I must say that I've enjoyed the story so far. Looking forward to finishing it.
gameofsuperstarlock chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
I love the story and how it intertwines with LOTR, Faykan is a very interesting character... very mysterious ... don't know if you realised but in some chapters, the word barely is spelt 'barley' . Not a big issue but I'm quite particular with grammar. Can't wait to read more :)
davycrockett100 chapter 18 . 10/6/2013
awesome, keep it up
melissa.mcginnis3 chapter 19 . 7/18/2013
EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I loved it! Is "The Gathering Dark" Complete?

Is Fey in truth Frodo reincarnated as an Elf? No matter if he isn't, I loved this. Absolutely loved it. I don't enjoy many stories that pain Dumbledore as evil but this one was enjoyable. I adore the fact that Draco is good in this and not such a pain as in the real books.
melissa.mcginnis3 chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
:O

Poor Fay! Wounded by a Nazgul's blade!
I thought perhaps he was a child of Gandalf's, that would explain him having the wizard power in him, and the love of pipeweed, but not the wound...unless...
Oh I praise Elbereth that this is complete! :D
KeegSlytherin chapter 18 . 3/24/2013
Well, I'm not going to say that this year was better than the two others, but well it was really action-packed and I like it as much, if not a little more than the two previous years! I just got a little sick of Dumbledore and Snape and actually had a fit last night with the "greater good" crap! I swear if I hear that sentence once again I'll scream like a mad man and break something LOL
All that to say that I love to hate Dumbleydumbledork! He's quite a satisfying punching bag (so is Snivellus for that matter)... So anyway, I'll begin to read year four right away!
I am still immensely enjoying the series you've written!
The Frau chapter 6 . 2/27/2013
Lovely blending of two different worlds and stories! I am really enjoying this blending of LotR and HP!
You are doing the job well, it is seamless and also-so far- true to both. Keep writing!
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 6 . 12/1/2012
So Faykan's boggart, was it Sauron or the Witch-king?
Wulffe chapter 19 . 11/22/2012
Great story ...

Off to the next one now ..

;-}