Reviews for Rumors and Reputations
Scarlet Pimpernel00 chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
This is great! I love it!
Watchwoman chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Cute. I like how supportive and kind Ouna is to Daine, yet she has to tease her too. A great view of a big sister, speaking as one myself. I enjoy the little snippets of life behind the main story we know so well. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
This is pretty good. You have an excellent depiction of their relationship, and also excellent grammar (which should never be taken for granted). Thanks for writing!
Luzith chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Loved it. Non romance stories of Diane and Numair are too rare
EnharmonicAngel chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
lol, Ouna. *Onua*

Hee. This entertained me.
ZuliaGirl chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
This was so cute. I definitely enjoyed reading it.

~ julz. 3
Anjanka chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
This is a very sweet story and perfectly fits into canon! Thanks for it!

Just one request with regard to readability and mistakes: Throughout the whole text you misspelled the name "Onua". The easiest would probably be to have your text editor replaces all instances of "Ouna" and upload it again. Or maybe you can do it even without having to upload it anew ...

Apart from that, keep up the good work :) I'll have a look at your other stories, too.
kase32104 chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I agree with the grammatical errors that were pointed out by the previous reviewer, but they were not a huge issue for me. I got the story line and loved the way you laid it out. Thanks!
Veni0Vidi0Vici chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Lovely story. I love you furthered Onua and Daine's relationship, as Pierce seemed to have forgotten about the friendship by the second book. Daine was perfectly in character (over-emotional and dramatic, but at least she’s' not a Mary-Sue XD). All the Tortall[ian?] slang made it seems so authentic and nice. I was impressed. Canoodling! Odd's bob! Delightful little words, in my opinion.

Your grammar was a little off. You made a few errors, enough to be noticeable, but not enough to be an annoyance.

Like here: "The hostlers for the Riders got no such break, as someone would have to watch over the trainees'ponies during that time."- You forgot the space between "trainees'" and "ponies", but that isn't a big deal.

The only thing about your grammar that really annoyed me was the fact you didn't bother to write out the numbers. If you're writing formally always spell out the number. So "3rd" would look better as "third" and "12" would look better as "twelve".

When you emphasize words you tend to capitalize them. This is distracting for the reader and eyes tend to travel down to the capitalized word. Italics are more subtle and look nicer in my opinion.

'"Numair… people think we're canoodling," she'd said, awkward and blushing when he'd asked what was bothering her.' In this sentence you need to use the adverb form of "awkward": "awkwardly".

'"No, sir." She answered.'- Sometimes you seem to forget about the comma ends the quotes if you're going to tell who said it rule, but most the time you don't so I'll give you props.

'"But he's my teacher-"'- A hint- if you're in word and you're trying to make dashes instead of hyphens, do this: put the word, space, hit the hyphen button, don't space, and type the next word. It will auto-correct into dash.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this one-shot, you did a good job. Please keep writing, I'll have to read more of your work.
roseflorintine chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Great story! I absolutly love FICA with ouna in them!