Reviews for Hope Springs Eternal
your mother chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Was all the story here last winter? I don't remember the part about his escape. Did I just forget it or is it"new"?
Great story. There are other parts, too, that I don't remember.
your mother chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Very nice story. I was hoping to know how the reunion between the father and mother went or did you think it would be too embarrassing to write about?
jen4850 chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Well done
Fergus Mason chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
I loved this, well done. I'm not sure if John would have been commissioning as early as 1933, but apart from that it was a great idea, very original and very well done.
Aebbe chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Oh wow, I love this story! It's so different and original - I never even thought of Bob Blackett not being dead, but of course we never do hear what happened to him. I loved how you started, with him approaching the house by boat, and not being quite clear who he was, and seeing the death head on the boat house made me giggle...

Then, all the details were great - from the historical stuff about Russia to the little things about Nancy and Peggy as teenagers. I don't know why, but Peggy's name in the dust on the piano was a really beautiful moment - I think it's because tiny things like that just bring the scene alive. Everyone was in character - from Nancy, down to Bridget, still a little girl. I'd love to know more - who's Andrew, for example, and what the Walkers are doing in Egypt, and about Thomas Jollys... I'll have to read your other stories now to see if they answer my questions!