Reviews for 26 Things About Ibiki Morino That Don't Suck
laternenfisch chapter 26 . 10/2
thank you! i really enjoyed this
Withered Pages chapter 26 . 7/20/2013
This was really sweet, I like having Ibiki be more than the imposing persona they so thoroughly established in the Chuunin exams, and though unexpected, the idea of an overweight Ibiki added a pleasant touch of something that I can't quite put a name to. I can't help respecting authors who are able to bring out so much depth in characters that have more often than not simply been constructed as plot devices so realistically given the circumstances of their canon situation. Each chapter was the perfect length too. I can't help noticing that you updated really frequently, 26 chapters in a month? Dayum. Even if the chapters were short, kudos for the quick outpouring of genius. It puts me in physical pain when authors, GOOD AUTHORS TOO, give up on projects like these or forget about them for long periods of time. Definitely going to be seeing your other work. Thanks!
GDYRISAA chapter 4 . 4/4/2013
Dessert is the downfall of almost everyone- so it's awesome to see something so very common applied to a very uncommon man like Ibiki.
GDYRISAA chapter 3 . 4/4/2013
"Quaking in their sandals" Love it.
Everytime I read one of these I just want to hug them. I don't think I have ever wanted to hug a fanfiction before.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 26 . 1/6/2013
It's true, his life does seem to be all ups and downs, with no level places. I hope he stays in this level place of happiness he's got now.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 25 . 1/6/2013
Hmm. Interesting thought, Ibiki being scared (intimidated?) by Gai.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 24 . 1/6/2013
I like that idea. Yuugao and Ibiki being friends.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 23 . 1/6/2013
Aww. I can see that; his internal struggle with watermelon and what it symbolizes to him and the constant reminders all around him.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 22 . 1/6/2013
I can totally believe that. He's not a war stories kind of guy, so much so that it seems like he never fought...but that's because he considers all of his battles personal.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 21 . 1/6/2013
True, exactly true. The uniqueness of his job is something to be proud of. Even if it's something normally thought of as unwanted, the fact that he does it means no one else has to.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
Awww...I can see that. Ibiki would unconsciously want to soak up good and nice things, because they would reassure him that life is still good and there are things to fight for.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 19 . 1/6/2013
Sarcasm seems an especially dry and subtle thing in Japanese society. From the few times I've noticed it pop up in anime, it seems that being discovered at using sarcasm is the height of rudeness. XD I can imagine Ibiki liking to play with fire in that way, because he wouldn't actually care about being rude.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 18 . 1/6/2013
Awww! Adorable! Chibi the fat cat who loves Ibiki. My heart has melted.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 17 . 1/6/2013
I noticed this tendency in Ibiki; the need to ask questions, to dig into people, to get his answers from them one way or another, not just in terms of his job but also for personal satisfaction.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 16 . 1/6/2013
I agree totally with that assessment. If I remember right, you've described perfectly an adult maturity coping skill called conversion: someone takes negative urges and turns them to something positive, or harmless.