Reviews for Of Finding Innocence
Anon.Y.Mouse chapter 41 . 3/8
Lovely story, very well written and a fab premise. You should be proud! I particularly liked the homages to the show such as Beckett saying maybe Castle would have ended up with Gina and Espo calling the body from the case that Beckett was called for on the night of Rick’s launch party Beckett-flavoured. Those homages were a stroke of genius in that they set this AU story as solidly connected to the show in a beautiful way. Well done!
malleys8 chapter 41 . 12/28/2017
While this story is some 41 chapters long, it's a very easy read. First, it is mainly about 3 main characters (Kate, Rick, and Alexis). Of course, there are many others, but they (Javi, Ryan, Martha, Cpt Mongomery, and Alexis' mother, etc) are all supporting characters who, as in a play are on stage only for those scenes in which they have something to contribute; making it easy to follow without wondering Who? What or Where? all the time. The entire story is seen through Kate's eyes and usually involves the bit-players or the other two main characters interacting with Kate through dialogue; supplemented through Kate's emotions and thoughts concerning the Castles' interaction with Kate. Again, this simplifies matters to such an extent one is surprised how many consecutive pages can be read without any real need to pause and reflect on what you just read. This ease of reading is greatly enhanced by the writing. This is basically a love story between the three main characters. The characters and their actions/emotions are very accurately portrayed matching the actions, feeling and dialogue one would expect for these three in similar situations. I've been an avid reader of Castle themed FanFiction stories for a long while. I was not through many chapters before I realized this is the best-written store of all I've read before. Despite its length, I know I'll be rereading this one as soon as there are no other ones by other authors I follow. This is a full book long, so, hopefully, the author will seriously consider writing another of similar style and with these characters. Perhaps even submitting this or others the author has written for publication.
Deo Gryffin chapter 4 . 11/3/2017
... With all due respect Harry Potter are in no way shape or form complicated. If they are good, is rather subjective so I won't argue, but they are NOT complicated.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 41 . 10/27/2017
This story was utterly brilliant! Everyone felt real for their canon characters, the plot felt canon-compliant (Gina having a boyfriend and being just friends with Castle actually is completely workable, since such a conceit could have been same but Gina and Ryan broke up in the time between the book signing that Kate visited that Will mentions in S1 and when the Castle-Cowell wedding occurred), and we got to see Kate healing years earlier through the Castle family's intervention in her life.

I really would love to see this story universe continuing into the series' timeline, since it would be interesting to see what gives Castle the idea to start writing Nikki Heat if, instead of just meeting Kate during the Tisdale murder investigation, our beloved mystery-solving duo has been married for the past 8 years.

I do have one question/critique about the plot...the story doesn't seem to refer to the 9/11 attacks, which would have happened sometime in the period of time covered within the first 40 chapters. Without going back to double check, I think you did mention shifting the timeline, but it would have been a recent event even if it happened before Johanna Beckett's murder (which was nearly three years prior in canon)...just seems weird to feature a story set in that time-frame where such a huge event is skipped over.
ErrorInvalidEntry chapter 41 . 10/26/2017
This was my first Castle fic after bingeing the entire show in a week and a half. Setting the bar a little high here.
ErrorInvalidEntry chapter 1 . 10/25/2017
Im... you were gonna kill him? O_O
beauty-passion-fierceintellect chapter 4 . 10/24/2017
I really like the premise of this story and am enjoying it so far, but 300k words is a huge investment, so I'm wondering if we will get any insight into what Castle is thinking and feeling, or if the entire story is solely from Kate's point of view. The answer to that question could greatly influence whether or not I chose to continue, because I don't think I could handle never knowing what Castle is thinking or feeling at different points along the way.
Suestan chapter 41 . 10/12/2017
Loved it
nalex411 chapter 4 . 10/7/2017
I wish I could read this for the first time again I love it so much
Tom Knutson chapter 41 . 9/18/2017
Incredible, fantastic, thank you. please keep writing! ! ! WOW! ! !
Guest chapter 19 . 9/1/2017
Thanks for writing this amazing story! I really love it and enjoy reading it! Your style and way of writing is amazing.
Disneynut chapter 41 . 8/4/2017
I am interested in the first choice, the continuation.
Guest chapter 41 . 6/29/2017
Found myself rereading this story this week. I read it originally as you posted it. I can't believe it's been 6 years. Still adore it as much as I did then.
ThinkGirl chapter 39 . 5/26/2017
Writing that can make me cry is hard to come by. I spent pretty much the entirety of this chapter ugly sobbing. Loved it!
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 4/19/2017
Awesome chapter and plot and amazing idea
5,406 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »