Reviews for Of Finding Innocence
DrGiggles chapter 12 . 7/19/2016
Lanie and Maddie know, just like I do! Their tension is slowly killing me on the inside, but I don't mind ;)

Matching swimsuits, so cute. And I really loved the part with Kate telling Alexis she's one of the most important parts of her life. That's dedication right there!
Their moonlight conversation was also really sweet, and they're definitely toeing that line...
DrGiggles chapter 11 . 7/19/2016
What's up with Beckett's dad, huh? Kind of an odd phone call.

Man do I ever feel bad about Alexis, and I get Rick's anger and sadness. I've always known Meredith wasn't the greatest mother. But all that angst led into a cuddle session, so that's alright. I also thoroughly enjoyed them pretending to be married, it was off the chart on the cute scale! I'm also a bit surprised that they've not kissed yet, that tension girl...yowza :D

I sent a link to my best friend (who got me into Castle in the first place) on Sunday, and she texted me back today saying she finished and loved it. It's a mighty fine read indeed ;)
DrGiggles chapter 10 . 7/19/2016
Alexis loves her! Oh my goodness is that ever sweet. It was a natural progression, so it doesn't surprise me much. Having the picture, watching her, and knowing so much about caring for her...Kate has become a surrogate mother to Alexis. She's more of a mother than Meredith is! I loathe Meredith with a passion too for this latest stunt...

Cute how perceptive Alexis is, she can get both of them to blush ;)

I'm dreading the enevitable fallout/angst. But I know they'll eventually get together, so I take solace in that.
DrGiggles chapter 9 . 7/18/2016
Wow, so I have a lot to say.

First off, I loved the gift idea! It was so her, and so perfect for him. I had a good laugh when he opened it.
Second, he so loves her. And she loves him. It's there, and I bet it's pretty obvious to some people. I love that smouldering attraction, it's kind of like watching the first four seasons of Castle again.
Third, my gosh is Paula ever a bitch! She puts Alexis out, and then goes on to insult Kate like that? Good thing Rick comes to the rescue (not that Kate couldn't handle her).
And fourth, that dance scene took my breath away. Beautiful how they've confirmed their dedication to each other, and that one day they will attempt a relationship. I was thinking of "their song" In My Veins as I read that scene :')

Bonus points for making me fall off the bed in hysteric giggles with this brilliant part...
"I'd be happy to come out on top in any equation that involves you," he said. "Actually, bottom or top, not picky." She stared at him. "Oh, yeah, that actually came out of my mouth, didn't it?" he asked, his own eyes wide. (When subtext becomes text!)
DrGiggles chapter 8 . 7/18/2016
Aha! I knew there'd be a chapter with a sick Alexis! It was really sweet to see Kate taking care of both Alexis and Rick. I love seeing them develop a deep and caring relationship. There's still a little bit of underlying romantic feelings though ;) And I wouldn't be too surprised if he dedicated his next book to her, or at least mentioned her in the acknowledgments.

Now, that part with the panic attack really got me. You wrote it in such an accurate way, and I highly commend you for that. You're being very realistic with where Kate is with her recovery, and tying in where Rick is too. Seeing them being understanding and comforting to each other brought tears to my eyes. This is why I love this fic so much :')
DrGiggles chapter 7 . 7/17/2016
That phone conversation, yowza! Get me a glass of ice water ;)

And now Kate has met the ever flamboyant Martha Rogers. It took me longer to read the gift opening becuase I kept pausing to squee and awww! It was insanely adorable, and just so amazing to see how well they know each other after only a month :')
DrGiggles chapter 6 . 7/17/2016
I actually looked up Mars2112 while I was reading, such a shame it closed! I would've loved it. And also, I guess this was published before we found out that Kate is kind of a nerd and she once loved a space show ;)

The skating scene was so cute, and I love those little quiet moments between Rick and Kate. I'm dying on the inside of extreme adorableness *swoon*.
DrGiggles chapter 5 . 7/16/2016
The beginning of Kate and Lanie's friendship, awesome! The dirty stray thoughts, teasing, and general fun with Kate and the Castles continue to be a joy to read. That cookie cake also sounds delicious, you got a recipe for that?

PS. I bought a mini cheesecake at the store today, after reading that last dinner chapter. Thanks for the idea ;)
DrGiggles chapter 4 . 7/16/2016
I was sooooo excited to read this chapter! The natural (albeit odd) progression in their relationship was a joy to read. And I completely understand Castle's hesitation in letting Kate be a part of their life. But I can see Kate becoming a good influence in Alexis' life :)

On a side note, I can really identify with Kate becuase I'm the same age as her right now xD
DrGiggles chapter 3 . 7/16/2016
She's partnered with a young Esposito! Their early friendship is a pleasure to read :)

And her unusual new relationship with the Castle's is so sweet. I hope they can ground her and help her continue healing. Also, you're writing Beckett and her life so well...I'm very impressed with the realism.
DrGiggles chapter 2 . 7/15/2016
Ah, the first Caskett moment...how sweet! And also the enevitable breakup with Sorenson. I like how you gave them a realistic, loving relationship and breakup. I felt kinda bad for them, but at the same time, they're better off going their own separate ways.
DrGiggles chapter 1 . 7/15/2016
I randomly discovered this fic, and I'm so glad I did becuase I'm hooked! I'm not normally one for AUs, but I like the premise.

I loved the quick bond formed between Kate and Alexis, as well as Kate and Rick. Young Alexis is just so sweet, and it makes me miss looking after my young niece :')

I'm really looking forward to reading this...in between chapters of Deadly Heat of course ;)
lauhall chapter 41 . 7/11/2016
That was amazing, I loved it, I just couldn't stop reading during the weekend, you did a great job with this fic. Congrats.
wendykw chapter 5 . 6/27/2016
Doing a re-read. I laughed so loudly during this chapter. It was fun and I appreciate the chance to laugh like that.
neveryoumind chapter 41 . 5/26/2016
This was great and a sequel would be awesome!
5,392 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »